Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Exercise Injuries

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:38 pm
GRAR! So I started a running routine two weeks ago...and ran right out of my shoe, twisting my ankle in the process! x.x I went to the school health center and they did an X-ray but found nothing wrong, so they told me to just elevate it when I can, ice it, etc. It still hasn't gotten better, which is totally frustrating and I can't seem to find anything on WebMD, but the reason I'm posting this here is to ask if you guys have any advice on this kinda stuff? I stretch before running, but do any of you guys have problems with injuries or severe muscle pain after exercising, and what do you do to get back on your feet faster? Thanks for any advice!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:24 pm
While I don't know if my problem wass in anyway the same...

But i hurt my back playing football one day in gym class, cause of to boys kind of... landed on me during touch football...
yeah so i had to get x-rays, and get it checked out.

i got muscle relaxer pills, and it helped relax my back muscles so i was able to sit without my back hurting...

maybe those will work for you in your case.  

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Raeyne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:24 pm
You can also try alternating your modalities. Try soaking your ankle in warm water for 20 minutes. Stretch it for 5 minutes, and then ice it for another 20. Wait at least an hour before repeating.

I was en pointe for 10 years and constantly had to fight similar injuries.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:40 pm
i'm not really sure of any good ideas.... better ankle support type shoes might help. but i don't know. i got stress fractures and my feet are a mess unforunately. sometimes a light massage from a loved one can take the tension out of the muscles/tendons .  

Aeren
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games