Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}
Metal Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of the following bands do you think came out first?
  Living Sacrifice
  Tourniquet
  Mortal Treason
View Results

Carl Depner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:04 pm

How many members of this guild like christian metal? Well I personally love the stuff it's one of my favorite genre's and for all the other peeps in the UNASHAMED guild who just happen to like christian metal, here are a few really good bands.

The Showdown

Becoming the Archetype

Demon Hunter

Living Sacrifice [R.I.P.]

Mortal Treason [R.I.P.]

War Of Ages

Tourniquet [R.I.P.]

Crimson Moonlight (really heavy)

and those are just a few of them. If there's a sertain type of metal you like just ask me if I know any bands. If you just want to talk about some of the metal bands you already know of than that's cool too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:14 pm
I've only ever heard of Demon Hunter. Do you have any mp3's you could upload and post here? I'd love to hear what they sound like. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Nathan Young

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:01 am
I love Christian Metal. Sadly, the only people thus far that i've had a chance to converse with about it just shoot it down as an oxymoron. I love Christian Metal and have a huge list of bands that you might enjoy learning about. Give me a second to post them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:05 am
Some of these are more of just hard rock rather than metal, but oh well. It's the message that I look for.

Christian Metal Bands:

The Showdown
Norma Jean
As Cities Burn
As I Lay Dying
RED
Dead Poetic
Kids in the Way
Spoken
Living Sacrifice
Destroy the Runner
He Is Legend
Falling Up
Decypher Down
Underoath
Demon Hunter
The Chariot

I'm sure that those are enough to keep you busy for a while. Enjoy!

Nathan Young

Carl Depner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Actually I've heard all of those bands accept for As Cities Burn and Kids in the way! I do however know of a whole bunch of other bands, some of them are really good and some of them are just beginners. You can search myspace for awesome music, you'll find a profile that I made just for advertising....well, christian metal rock and hardcore music.

Kulie Abell
Some of these are more of just hard rock rather than metal, but oh well. It's the message that I look for.

Christian Metal Bands:

The Showdown
Norma Jean
As Cities Burn
As I Lay Dying
RED
Dead Poetic
Kids in the Way
Spoken
Living Sacrifice
Destroy the Runner
He Is Legend
Falling Up
Decypher Down
Underoath
Demon Hunter
The Chariot

I'm sure that those are enough to keep you busy for a while. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:17 pm
I dont have an MP3 player but there has to be some other way to upload music onto here. hmm, let's see....nope can't find a way.

Fushigi na Butterfly
I've only ever heard of Demon Hunter. Do you have any mp3's you could upload and post here? I'd love to hear what they sound like. 3nodding

Carl Depner

Carl Depner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:22 pm
Painted soul rules.

User Image

these guys are alot like 7th Seal, or Pillar, however they are a little heavier.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:13 pm
If you go to YouSendIt or MegaUpload you can upload files there and then copy and paste the links in here. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:19 pm
I was once complaining about Christian rock and this person gave me this link to a band.

He was like,"Well, obviously you haven't heard any good Christian music. We're not all soft!"

It was metal. Now, I like metal as much as the next guy. You know; Metallica, Dragonforce, etc.

But this band was horrible. It was awfully repetitive. The lyrics were just something like,"I love God! I love God! I love Jesus! I love God!"

And the music wasn't much better...

I have yet to hear a Christian band I liked. So yeah, it isn't for me...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:28 pm
Hmm ... I don't think I would've liked that one much either. There are some really good ones though; you just have to find what you like. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Carl Depner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:11 am
Lethkhar
I was once complaining about Christian rock and this person gave me this link to a band.

He was like,"Well, obviously you haven't heard any good Christian music. We're not all soft!"

It was metal. Now, I like metal as much as the next guy. You know; Metallica, Dragonforce, etc.

But this band was horrible. It was awfully repetitive. The lyrics were just something like,"I love God! I love God! I love Jesus! I love God!"

ok, first of all, tell me what sort of metal you like. If you like "Heavy Metal" then you should go to myspace.com/music and search for Becoming the Archetype, if you like "Death Metal" then you search for aletheian on myspace.com/music, and if you like "Black Metal scream " then you should go to purevolume.com and search for Crimson Moonlight. All of those are very decent in both music and vocals.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:39 pm
twang tse
Lethkhar

ok, first of all, tell me what sort of metal you like. If you like "Heavy Metal" then you should go to myspace.com/music and search for Becoming the Archetype, if you like "Death Metal" then you search for aletheian on myspace.com/music, and if you like "Black Metal scream " then you should go to purevolume.com and search for Crimson Moonlight. All of those are very decent in both music and vocals.

Mostly Power Metal, though that's variable. 3nodding

I'm more of a Progressive guy, and I find Power Metal to be the most pure form of Metal. My favorite metal band's probably Dragonforce.

Of course, it's all subjective.

Critique:
Becoming the Archetype: WTF? Sounds like Dethklok or something...Haha. Their "singer" sounds like a frog choking on some sort of automobile...

Aletheian: What's he smoking? He sounds like he's trying to huck a loogey. And at least I could respect the last band for their musical talent. These guys are pathetic.

Crimson Moonlight: What's with all these shitty vocalists? They're hopeless! I do like the drummer on this one, though.

You, my good sir, need to learn about good metal bands. Seriously. talk2hand It's not my favorite genre, but it's bands like those that give metal a bad name.

Hehe, sorry. It's not your fault. You're allowed to like whatever the Hell you want. I know I hate it when people say my music is crap, so if you like it and it makes you feel good, go for it. It doesn't sound that great to me, but we all have different tastes.  

Lethkhar

Carl Depner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:28 pm
to tell the truth it's all a matter of oppinion, for instance different people have different tastes in metal, I personally love that swedish/european scream that the guy from aletheian has, I also like the scream in crimson moonlight, I guess that's just because I like the really heavy stuff, it is my style of music. I also like dragon-force though they are really good. another couple of secualr metal bands that i like are killswitch, shadows fall, and metalica. however if you like stuff like dragon force than you should listen to a band called devine fire they are christian but they have a pretty good "dragon force" type sound to them, I will warn though the lyrics are very, well, they do get down to the point that they love God, let's just leave at that, their music isn't just like dragon-force so don't get your hopes up k. kid.

Lethkhar
twang tse
Lethkhar

Mostly Power Metal, though that's variable. 3nodding

I'm more of a Progressive guy, and I find Power Metal to be the most pure form of Metal. My favorite metal band's probably Dragonforce.

Of course, it's all subjective.

Critique:
Becoming the Archetype: WTF? Sounds like Dethklok or something...Haha. Their "singer" sounds like a frog choking on some sort of automobile...

Aletheian: What's he smoking? He sounds like he's trying to huck a loogey. And at least I could respect the last band for their musical talent. These guys are pathetic.

Crimson Moonlight: What's with all these shitty vocalists? They're hopeless! I do like the drummer on this one, though.

You, my good sir, need to learn about good metal bands. Seriously. talk2hand It's not my favorite genre, but it's bands like those that give metal a bad name.

Hehe, sorry. It's not your fault. You're allowed to like whatever the Hell you want. I know I hate it when people say my music is crap, so if you like it and it makes you feel good, go for it. It doesn't sound that great to me, but we all have different tastes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:05 pm
twang tse
to tell the truth it's all a matter of oppinion, for instance different people have different tastes in metal, I personally love that swedish/european scream that the guy from aletheian has, I also like the scream in crimson moonlight, I guess that's just because I like the really heavy stuff, it is my style of music. I also like dragon-force though they are really good. another couple of secualr metal bands that i like are killswitch, shadows fall, and metalica. however if you like stuff like dragon force than you should listen to a band called devine fire they are christian but they have a pretty good "dragon force" type sound to them, I will warn though the lyrics are very, well, they do get down to the point that they love God, let's just leave at that, their music isn't just like dragon-force so don't get your hopes up k. kid.

Ever heard of Iced Earth?

You would probably like them if you weren't Christian.

Oh, and just because they're screaming it doesn't mean they're heavy. I could name about ten Progressive bands that are heavier than those. And that's not even metal.  

Lethkhar

Carl Depner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 pm
whatever you want to think kid. hey I'm gonna check out that band you told me about, just cause I'm christian that doesn't mean I only listen to christian music.  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff