Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
"Witches are Crafty People" Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:32 am
Horrible pun indeed. Even if I do not call myself a witch.

That aside- I do love making things. Metal Casting, wood burning, leather working, cooking and brewing!

What kinds of things do you make by hand that are tied to your spirituality?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:53 am
TeaDidikai
Origami cranes. Giving them to someone is a sign of goodwill, and sometimes comes with magical bonuses depending on my mood.

Various other origami models have significance too. 3nodding

I also weave little friendship bracelets which I give to people. Most lose them within a few days or never wear them, but when people do wear them it's really special. I have been known to weave extra stuff into those as well depending on how I feel and what I want them to do.

Other crafty things include crochet and knitting. I enjoy crochetting little bags, filling them with little, pertinent things and giving them to friends as christmas or birthday presents. You can make a really nice, meaningful gift for very cheap like that. I tend to fill them with stones, bits of paper, small toys, jewellry, origami and that sort of thing.

I tend to give away most of what I make. I think most of my friends are sick of them by now! xd  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:55 am
Tied to my spirituality? Calligraphy, mostly. Eventually papermaking and book-binding, I think; I'd love to actually craft my own grimoire.

Other than that, the extent of spirituality in my craftwork is currently limited to calling on Fali to please help me make sure I don't flatten or pierce any body parts (again).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:04 pm
TeaDidikai

I occasionaly bead talismans, weave dream catchers (as taught to me by a Medicine Woman of a first nation tribe, just before I get accused of hypocrisy on the cultural rape thing), carve stones with Ogham, give away bits of braided or tied hair.

I'm buying myself a pyrography pen in the new year too.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:08 pm
Does poetry and music count? I do love sculpting, though I have not done that in a long, long time.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:19 pm
I love cooking and sewing. I make everything from tarot card bags to caftans and cloaks.  

Reijin-chan

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:33 pm
I also, very very occassionally, sew charm bags. These get sewn with coloured thread and three braided hairs.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:01 pm
I think part of my issue right now is that I'm more than capable of doing quite a few things that may or may not be tied to my spirituality, except for the itty-bitty lack of equipment.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:02 pm
I do crossstitch, embroidery, beadwork, I used to make jewelry, and I work with clay like htings. I make masks, but it takes a lot of time and space. I also used to paint - ditto. I sew, too. Someday I'd like to have a crafts room set aside for such things. Oh, and I do art, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:39 pm
I occasionally craft tattoos. So far, two of my own and one for another.
I paint glass talismans also.
I write the occasional set of lyrics which I dedicate to Annan, Ogma or the like. The Gods that would like them.
I write the odd poem.
But the last two are for Their eyes only.
Letters, I write letters to those I love and this is a form of practice.
I've been known, on two occasions, to craft protection for people.
And last, I think, is metalcraft. I have some talent and some training. I occasionally make trinkets out of sterling silver or copper or both. I have a silversmiths mark so I can even work with Silver which I can buy at discount.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:34 pm
I knit like a mad woman.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:58 pm
I like to write poetry, though its been awhile sence I've done so.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Frail Appetite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:16 pm
I knit (alot), crochet, embriod, sew, cook and sing (if the last one counts). I can (but don't usaully) bead, sculpt, write, paint and make oil. I'm also learning calligraphy and want to learn how to make my own candles.
Not all of them are always tied to my spirituality.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:47 am
[Kudzu]
I knit like a mad woman.

sweatdrop Me too, I suck at it though. You need to be able to do math apperantly. sweatdrop

[Sample1], [sample2].

See, I even cannot pull a scarf off, without making it incredibly big! redface I could try making it a poncho? xd  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Frail Appetite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:06 am
Brill Wavedancer
[Kudzu]
I knit like a mad woman.

sweatdrop Me too, I suck at it though. You need to be able to do math apperantly. sweatdrop

[Sample1], [sample2].

See, I even cannot pull a scarf off, without making it incredibly big! redface I could try making it a poncho? xd
That's really nice!!
What are you making? Do you have the pattern for that or a graph (of the pentacle)?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff