Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What is a Fluffy?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boadicia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:51 pm
This question has probably been asked a million times before, and when I ask I never seem to get the same answer twice. So how do I know if I am one, and what can I do about it if I am?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:10 pm
Boadicia
This question has probably been asked a million times before, and when I ask I never seem to get the same answer twice. So how do I know if I am one, and what can I do about it if I am?

Might help to look through past threads.

The short answer is "Willfully Ignorant". That is to say- after objective evidence has been presented (ie- Wicca is not Thousands of years old, Your Great Grandmother was not a Druidess in hiding, and you know this because she taught you how to cast a Druidic Circle etc), to cling to delusions would be Fluffy.

Signs usually involve Mr. Darks and similar delusions.  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:35 pm
As far as guidance is concerned, I don't have the ideal situation (i.e. training by an initiate) but I guess I'm better off than many others. I have a buttload of books, some of which do disagree. Right now I'm in corospondence with a Gardnerian High Priestess. Unfortunately, though she gives classes, e-mail is the best I can do because she lives at least 100 miles away!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:54 pm
Boadicia
As far as guidance is concerned, I don't have the ideal situation (i.e. training by an initiate)
Why is that ideal?

There are some ******** up Initates out there.

Quote:
I have a buttload of books, some of which do disagree.
Any source texts?

Quote:
Right now I'm in corospondence with a Gardnerian High Priestess.
Lineage and Coven?

Do you have vouches for her?

Quote:
Unfortunately, though she gives classes, e-mail is the best I can do because she lives at least 100 miles away!
You are aware that she won't teach you anything that is Wiccan, yes?  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:42 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14318613  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Boadicia
As far as guidance is concerned, I don't have the ideal situation (i.e. training by an initiate)
Why is that ideal?

There are some ******** up Initates out there.

I think she meant that as an example of a less than ideal situation.  

Iosonos

Starlock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:45 am
What is a Fluffy  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:18 pm
As ideal, I meant that I would prefer training from an initiate as opposed to doing it all on my own. As for the High Priestess, I never asked her anything that would have conflicted with her oaths. As for the books, she told me to be skeptical and discerning. I never assume any of them to be universal.  

Boadicia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:14 pm
Iosonos
And I am point blank saying it doesn't work as an example.
Boadicia
As ideal, I meant that I would prefer training from an initiate as opposed to doing it all on my own.
For heavens sake why?!

Why look for an initiate when you don't know how to go about finding a good one? I mean- do you realize that there are people who use their titles to abuse people like you?

Lineaged High Priests who use their title to rape "seekers"?

Quote:
As for the High Priestess, I never asked her anything that would have conflicted with her oaths.
Nothing I listed would conflict with her oaths.

Did you get a vouch?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Iosonos
And I am point blank saying it doesn't work as an example. [...] There are people who use their titles to abuse people like you? Lineaged High Priests who use their title to rape "seekers"?

It is my personal opinion that her ideals are her own to pursue, but of course, nobody asked my opinion on that matter! biggrin

Boadicia, TeaDidikai is quite right that you should seek a vouch for your Priestess if you are going to her for any kind of guidance. Over email, that person could be anybody!  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:38 pm
[Kudzu]
It is my personal opinion that her ideals are her own to pursue, but of course, nobody asked my opinion on that matter! biggrin
I'll grant that I am applying a fair amount of reason when I assume that the individual in question doesn't want to be sexually assulted.

What I was trying to show is that as an example of an "ideal" to rest on the limited concept of "Mentor-Student" relationship is foolish.

Quote:
TeaDidikai is quite right
Ah... my favorite words. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Kudzu
Her ideals are her own.
What I was trying to show is that as an example of an "ideal" to rest on the limited concept of "Mentor-Student" relationship is foolish.

Fool arrow Kudzu

Well, that's quite your opinion. Mine is that I do not find all students of mentors to be always fools. If that is her ideal, so be it. For somebody who compelled me to refrain from bashing the Correllians for their own beliefs, I am quite surprised at the above assumption from you. I guess we all have more to learn... Except for you, of course! wink Seriously, though, that's fair enough. You have an absolute right to your opinion, and I can't argue with that. *the fool respectfully bows out of name-calling invitation*  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:21 pm
[Kudzu]
TeaDidikai
Kudzu
Her ideals are her own.

Fool arrow Kudzu

Well, that's quite your opinion. Mine is that I do not find all students of mentors to be always fools. If that is her ideal, so be it. For somebody who compelled me to refrain from bashing the Correllians for their own beliefs, I am quite surprised at the above assumption from you. I guess we all have more to learn... Except for you, of course! wink Seriously, though, that's fair enough. You have an absolute right to your opinion, and I can't argue with that. *the fool respectfully bows out of name-calling invitation*

~sighs~ Kudzu- even you point out that having a vouch for the mentor is a requirement.

That is at least one more condition than "Oh! Give me Mentor!".

Follow?

Edit: I think this is a function of miscommunication. I am in no way saying that everyone who wants a Mentor is a fool. What I am saying is that to be fully ignorant and seek a mentor is foolish. I don't hold that everyone has good sense, as a result the quality of a "mentor" needs to be taken into consideration.

I don't see a lot of that in the pagan scene.

What I am saying is that if you are so completely removed from knowledge on a subject, to latch on to the first person who says they can "teach" you, on the grounds that you want someone to teach you really really really really badly is foolish. Hence why I mention above that standards such as a vouch (and why the limited ideal that falls in two words) is a very bad idea.

~taps her keyboard~ Am I typing in English? (not a jab Kudzu, just mild frustration because I think we agree and it isn't coming out right).

Final Edit:
As a last note because I enjoy inflicting the torment that is my internal dialogue on the masses- consider it a function of "Quality" v. "Availability".

I am suggesting that people who do not want STDs not grab a condom with a hole you can bounce a quarter through because it is available and they want a condom so they can ********.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games