Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
~A Day In The Life Of Naraku~ (InuYasha fanfiction)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is anybody there? Does anybody care?
  "I am, Mr. Addams." -John Hancock, 1776
  I read it
  Too lazy to read it
  Who's Naraku?
View Results

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:38 pm
A Day In The Life Of Naraku

A Very Short Chapter

~*~*~*~*~

This story was posted under FanFiction.com originally, and was begun several years before. Because of this, I like to think the chapters get better as they progress and I get older. I've fixed the older ones up a little, but the basic plot remains the same.

~*~*~*~*~

Genre: Humor/Suspense

Rating: PG13, just cuz you never know.

Summary: Short storiess, connected stories. Inu and Naraku switch bodies, a greek goddess enchants Kagome's paper so whatever she writes comes true, Naraku is sued for not being wheelchair accessible, Kagome loses her memory... it gets better because as I make chapters, I get older.

Disclaimer: I don’t own (in order of appearance, almost) InuYasha, Kikyo, young Kaede, Kagome, Souta, Buyo, Mom, Grandpa, old Kaede, The Shikon No Tama, Sesshomaru, Jaken, Myoga, Izaio, InuYasha’s Mom (fake), Tessaiga, Shippo, Miroku, Onigumo, Naraku, Sango, Kirara, Kohaku, Tensiega, Rin, Koga, Totosai, Kagura, Kanna, Tokijin, Sesshomaru’s victims, InuYasha’s enemies, Miroku’s lovers, or random assorted villagers (dead or alive). In other words, nothing but the plot, unless you count chapters 3 and 4 (which belong to Xena), Isabel Loud, Helen Back, and the Not-So-Dark-Priestess Sita.

Important Note: SESSHOMARU DOES NOT HAVE A TAIL! The fluffy thing is a Japanese war medal thing/sign of lordship thingy. Trust me. I looked it up. Do you see it connected back there? No! His Dad had two- and they we definitely some sort of cape.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I would like… if I may… to take you on a rather strange journey.

In it Naraku will battle a lawyer, Kagome will go on a rather ridiculous adventure where her school paper enchanted by a petty goddess and InuYasha goes fishing for days, Naraku and InuYasha switch bodies, a few new people are introduced and promptly killed.

It is true that it’s pretty silly, but it does get a little dark in the later chapters (although I'm trying to be funny again). Someone named Xena inspired the 3rd and 4th chapters, and the fifth chapter is COMPLETELY POINTLESS.

If the story forgets Naraku for a while, don’t despair. He’ll come back. It’s just what he’s expecting you to do… WAH HA HA HA HA!

We begin this tale after a rather wearing battle between InuYasha and Naraku.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“KAGURA!” Naraku banged his head against the wall. Maybe if he did that long enough, he would think of a plan to kill the DAMN HANYOU!

“Yeah?” she said, raising her eyebrows at him, thwacking his head against the wall. Kanna was there too, looking as “excited” as ever.

“How come I can never kill that b*****d? I want the Tessaiga, I want the Jewel, and I want his head on my wall!” He banged his head more.

Kagura was shocked; he had never done this before. Uncertain what to do, she handed him a roll of bread for no reason other then a plot device for later.

"I can't believe I failed killing InuYasha AGAIN! Kagura, do you ever feel that you're not meant to kill this guy? Like you're invented by some woman, and you don't exist, and you're only some stupid bad guy put in to make it more interesting, and you will never kill the hanyo, and you will eventually be killed?” he sighed and stood up, all the fight gone out of him.

“Well, enough babbling about nonsense. I'm going to… think up more ways to kill InuYasha.”

He walked back to his window that he always sat in front of and - well- sat in front of it.

Kagura and Kanna just watched.

Naraku, after doing every single trick in the book, had not yet killed the stupid, smelly, sniveling, sneaky, slow, sly, shifty, and very alliterative half-breed!

Suddenly, he leapt up with a great “ah ha!” and Kagura and Kanna jumped.

A slow smile crept across Naraku’s face (a sure sign that another couple of episodes were going to be about him).

“I have it… a plan to destroy InuYasha and get the jewel shards!”

He gave a typical evil laugh (complete with hands rubbing together), interrupted by a hacking cough because of the hunk of bread he had just bitten off.

Kagura handed him a conveniently placed glass of water.

After a few gasps and gulps, Naraku started to tell them his plan. Just then… THE CHAPTER ENDED.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Next chapter: Naraku gets a visit from a lawyer. What devious plan could this attorney have planned for Naraku?

With all due respect,
Arabella Strange

Please review this story, as reviews are my motivation for posting.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm

Naraku Gets Sued

~*~*~*~*~*~

However, Kagura did not get to hear the plan of evilness just then, because somebody knocked on the door. Hanging mat thingy. Whatever.

Naraku and Kagura looked at each other. Somebody had broken through the barrier and was knocking on the door.

Naraku answered it and looked dumbfounded at his guest. A graying man in a suit stood on the “welcome” mat, a briefcase in one hand.

“Are you Naraku?” he asked in a deep voice.

“Yes. What do you want?”

“May I come in?”

Naraku narrowed his eyes suspiciously. “Who the bloody hell are you? No human could just walk through that barrier!”

“Human? Hardly! I’m a lawyer!”

“A lawyer?” asked Kagura behind him. Naraku gulped.

“Yes. My name is Reid d**k Yulus. You can call me d**k.” The man proffered a card, which Naraku ignored.

“Why is a lawyer here?” he asked angrily.

“You are being sued.” d**k said calmly.

“Sued?!?”

d**k leaned towards him. “Did you know your castle is not wheelchair accessible?”

Naraku gaped. “Excuse me?”

“Did you know your castle is not wheelchair accessible?”

“You're suing me because my castle is not wheelchair accessible?”

“Yes! What if somebody in a wheel chair wanted to see you, huh?”

“There’s no point! How would they get through the barrier anyway?” asked Naraku, before he realized he was arguing with a lawyer, instead of killing it.

“Maybe they had a sword like InuYasha’s!” argued the Dip.

“Not only is that the dumbest reason I’ve ever heard, but I don’t give a damn about them, nor you. Prepare to become one with my flesh!” Naraku began to poke d**k with slimy tentacles.

“Haha! That foolish trick won’t work with me!” d**k said scornfully.

He pulled a fountain pen out of his pocket, and stabbed at the oncoming tentacles.

“AAAH!” Naraku cried as they (the tentacles) turned to dust. “What is this magic?”

“Fool! Get the stone!” cried Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter behind him.

Kagura, after kindly explaining he was in the wrong story, threw him out of the castle.

“You can battle swords and demons,” said d**k, “but you cannot battle the law!” He cackled manically. Then he straightened and dusted off his jacket, his cool back. “Now, back to business.” said a now calm lawyer to a stunned Naraku.

He handed him a piece of paper.

“You either put a ramp here or you pay us this bill.”

No way! Thought Naraku. I’ll just pay it.

Then he looked at the paper. A couple of calculations, and at the bottom of the paper… the final cost. Naraku gulped and looked up.

“I’ll have the ramp installed.” He growled.

“Very well.” Said d**k.

Then he walked away, and disappeared behind the barrier.

~*~*~*~*~*~

-End Of Chapter Two-

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:58 pm
That was very funny! I was laughing out loud through the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:10 pm
Xena inspired this chapter.

Lemme explain.

I couldn’t think what to write. So I began to ask for help.

First I asked InuYasha. He told me to kill Naraku off. That was out- the whole story would be pointless- plus it wasn’t funny. I asked Voldemort what to do. He said to kill InuYasha.

“That isn’t funny, though!” I protested.

“I think it’s hysterical.” He said.

Finally, I asked Xena, Warrior Princess of Greece. She told me to ask Gabrielle (her sidekick, who is a bard). She gave me this chapter’s idea, something she did one episode.

So, it’s not all my idea.

Kagome joke:

Q: How do Kagome’s brain cells die?

A: Alone

This is a VERY long chapter- two parts.

This chapter is a different kind of humor, too- try it out. You could say this chapter is playing on the ‘general’ side of the genre, I suppose.

The truth is, I’m kind of worried about this chapter. Well, if you really think it should get it’s own fanfiction, or if it just plain stinks, I will delete it. Fair enough? Good, now let’s get going!

In Which Kagome Finds An Odd Piece Of Paper
Eris is the spirit of strife (in Greek mythology).

Eris is sinister and mean, and her greatest joy is to make trouble.

She had an apple of discord too- but that, my friend, is another story.

Why she picked Kagome- well, the ways of gods are mysterious. (Actually, I’m just too darn lazy to figure it out!) Perhaps she knew Kagome was a bit too stupid for her own good. (Sorry Kagome fans- it won’t happen again! crosses fingers behind back)

No, don’t worry, Naraku and Kagura DO show up. Muahahahaha! Sure, they aren’t the stars this time… (Notices people getting up and walking away) but they DO play a part in this chapter! Trust me!

Actually, they don’t show up till late in the chapter, but after that they show up more often, and also for the battle scene (wiggles eyes in a phony mysterious way, audience yawns).

!#$&!#$&+

Prologue

Eris looked angrily at the piece of notebook paper in her right hand. It was a homework assignment by a certain “Kagome Higurashi.” Apparently it was a short story of some sort. A short story that had just ruined Eris’ mood.

Being the spirit of strife, Eris had stolen the homework, so Kagome would have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

Now, Eris had heard of this half human InuYasha. And she knew he was nothing special. But the way this girl wrote it, he was some kind of saint! It was about how a village under attack had been saved by the heroic half demon InuYasha and his beautiful sidekick, Kagome. (Kagome had been very careful not to let InuYasha see the story, though. )

Eris didn’t like having a mere half demon made out to be a god- and she didn’t like all this embellishing either! For Eris herself had caused the strife in the village, and had watched InuYasha restore the peace.

Plus Kagome wasn’t THAT beautiful!

“So what are you going to do about it?”

Eris looked around, and saw Ares (Greek god of war).

“Do? What can I do?” she snarled. “As long as that InuYasha keeps doing his little deeds-”

“Don’t go blaming InuYasha. It’s not his fault- it’s the priestess and her busy pen, right?”

He walked over to her. They were in their temple, or Mount Olympus, or a condo, whatever you prefer.

“Yeah, I suppose so… hey!” She had just thought of something.

Evil grin

“I have a plan…”

!#$&!#$&+

Kagome was sitting on the edge of the well, what else, angry with poor InuYasha. Poor InuYasha, who was probably still spitting out dirt.

You’re wondering what happened. It was probably something important, like InuYasha coughing up blood on her brand new coat. The nerve of him! Now she would have to wash it! InuYasha was only thinking about himself.

Or maybe he didn’t like her food. Maybe instead of sushi he wanted Ramen.

Or maybe he insulted her. She had every right to call him rude for shoving her out of the way of that speeding bullet! Her skirt had gotten dirty, and the wound from the bullet on his arm stained her backpack. What a selfish turd that InuYasha was!

But I just got on the scene, I don’t know.

ANYWAY

“Hello Kagome.”

Kagome nearly fell into the well. She looked around, and saw a girl about her own age behind her. Brown eyes, white hair, brown kimono. Neither beautiful nor ugly, neither short nor tall, neither rich nor poor- very average, easy to overlook in a crowd. Well, a crowd of white-haired people.

“Who are you- and how did you know my name?”

“I was listening to you and that rude boy yelling. I know it’s impolite, but I WAS ten feet away.”

“Oh, sorry.” Said a blushing Kagome. “I didn’t realize we were that loud.”

“I had a boyfriend like that once, too.”

Kagome became redder. “He’s not my boyfriend!”

“I didn’t say he was.” Said the girl. “My name’s Eris.”

“Hi.” Said Kagome.

“What’s his name?” asked Eris.

“Whose name?”

“The boy’s.”

“Oh, him.” Said Kagome. “InuYasha.” She spat out his name.

She stared at the well.

“And to think what I wrote about him-!”

“You wrote something about him?” said Eris curiously.

“Yeah, a story for school. He was the hero.”

Eris smiled.

“Well, you know what you should do?”

“What?” asked Kagome.

“You should write a story with YOU as the hero- some fiction! I write stories when I’m upset- you might feel better.”

“You know, I think I will try that!” Kagome gave Eris a smile.

“Well, I better be going.” Said Eris. “Bye!”

“Bye!” shouted Kagome.

Thanks, Eris. Eris - what a name…
Kagome headed back, and the group made camp.

(Kagome’s supposed to be silly enough not to think anything of the strange meeting,)

Before she went to bed, Kagome pulled her trusty notebook out of her bag, along with a pen.

“Hmmm…” she muttered. Then she began to write and mumble. “InuYasha had gone fishing (a reasonably dull chore for him, the creep!). The rest of the gang, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara, were at the next village, shopping. The lone warrior, Kagome, awoke with a jerk as five barbarian demons rode out of the woods. Wielding her trusty bow, she delivered arrows with such fury…” she looked up.

“This fiction stuff is fun!” then she lay down and went to sleep.

Unbeknownst to Kagome (but knownst to us), Eris was reading over her shoulder, invisible. She giggled at the sleeping girl, and pointed at the sheet of binder paper (ok, so I changed my mind), muttering under her breath. The she poofed away, an evil smile on her lips.

AllworkandnoplaymakesErisadullgodess

Kagome woke up suddenly to shouting and the neighing of horses.

“InuYasha! Wake up, we’ve got company! Sango! Miroku!”

Into the clearing burst 5 hairy men on horseback!

“INUYASHA!” Kagome ran forward, grabbing her bow and arrows as she went.

“YAAAH!” they shouted, and ran at her.

She slung her quiver of arrows across her back, yanked one out, and fired. She pulled out another, and another, and another, one after the other, firing until they were all gone.

They hit their mark- but the demons shrugged them off! (That’s how she assumed they were demons.)

She looked franticly for another weapon- and saw Miroku’s staff stuck in the ground. She back flipped over to it, yanked it up, and began whacking the barbarians with it.

“HEE-YAH! TAKE THAT!”

She whacked one demon on the side of the head, shoved the pointy end of the staff into another’s stomach, and tripped up another. Then she began doing a bunch of way cool karate kicks. One in the face, a sidekick to the hip, etc.

Suddenly, out of a sleeping bundle she had assumed was InuYasha, KOGA zoomed up, drawing his… um…fist? But it had already ended.

The demon barbarians fell down and began crawling away.

“SHE’S TOO MUCH FOR US!”

“RUN!”

Kagome watched them leave, breathing hard, as they scrambled back onto their horses and galloped away.

“And don’t come back!” shouted Koga after them.

“Did you see that?” shouted Kagome, exuberated from the fight, an astonished smile on her face. Then she frowned.

“Wait a minute- I’ve never done a back flip in my life! Where’s InuYasha?” she looked at Koga. “And why are you here? Waaaait a minute!”

She picked up the paper from last night.

“The lone warrior Kagome… wielding her trusty bow…delivered arrows with such fury… kicked demons one by one with her feet of wrath- I wrote this!”

“Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!” said Koga, stepping in front of Kagome. “You’re saying what ever you write on that paper comes true? Yeah right.” He snorted.

Kagome threw her bow at him, which he caught, then began to write. Suddenly, Koga raised the bow and whacked himself in the head!

“Ow! Why’d I do that?” he asked in confusion, rubbing his head.

“Because I wrote you did!” said Kagome. She smiled.

“In my hands - I could change the world!”

+Change The World+

Kagome and Koga were walking towards the nearest village.

“So,” said Koga, “how’d I get here? “Kagome appeared with a warrior with the heart of a lion,” that sort of thing?” he looked at the paper.

“InuYasha had gone fie- fih-”

“Fishing.” corrected Kagome.

“InuYasha had gone fishing… Miroku and Sango… Kagome awoke with a jerk.” He looked up.

“Kagome awoke with a jerk. That’s a funny phrase.” He handed the paper to the blushing Kagome. “Well, I can’t find anything, I must’ve come here on my own.” He shrugged.

“So, what do we do now?”

Kagome smiled, and looked at the paper dreamily. “What WON’T we do?” she asked.

Just then two sad-looking priestesses walked by.

“Hi, is there something we can do to help you?” asked Kagome.

“Well, we’re collecting things - to sell in town for our orphanage. If you have anything…” trailed the first priestess.

“Now THAT would fetch some yen!” said the second miko.

Miko is Japanese for priestess- and it’s shorter to type!

She (the second miko) pointed to Koga’s sword.

“This?” Koga looked at the sword. “Sorry, I can’t give this away- it was the only thing my father ever gave to me. I could never part with it!”

The mikos’ faces fell.

“Too bad.” Said the first, “ceremonial weapons are a big seller on the market…”

“Well,” started Kagome, pulling out her pen and paper, “I think you’re going to get a surprise gift, right about…” she finished the sentence she was writing, “now!”

Suddenly a man walked up and handed the mikos a jewel encrusted sword!

“Here you go!” he said, and left. The mikos gasped.

“Oh, this will get loads for our orphanage!” exclaimed miko #2.

“Thank you!” said #1.

“Your very welcome!” said a beaming Kagome.

The mikos walked away, exclaiming at the beauty of the sword.

MEANWHILE

The dude who gave them the sword and walked away- what happened to him?

“GIVE ME BACK MY KINSMAN SWORD!” A very heavyweight warrior in much too much armor ran up to the dude.

“But I just gave it away!” said the dude, looking confused. “Why did I do that?”

“Well it doesn’t really matter now, does it?” said the warrior, and began running after the poor dude, a knife in hand.

MEANWHILE

The five barbarian demons were riding way, when Eris appeared on a rock. She whistled, and the horses came to a stop, throwing the riders off. They (the demons, not the horses) stood up, grunting.

“Did the little schoolgirl scare the big hairy demon?” asked Eris in a baby voice.

“WE are BARBARIANS! We fear NOTHING!” grunted the leader, looking at his comrades and giving Eris a very black and decayed smile. “We fight with the heart of a lion!”

“And you run with the feet of a chicken!” she replied. “Now, get back on your horsies, and go after her!” She waved them off.

With a few grunted “yes ma’ams,” they hopped onto their horses and galloped away.

BACK TO KAGOME AND KOGA

They were at an inn (Dirty d**k’s Tavern).

“We don’t have any money!” objected Koga.

“Don’t worry,” said a grinning and writing Kagome, “I have it covered!”

“How much will this meal be?” asked Kagome to the waiter/owner.

Suddenly, the waiter/owner smiled and said, “It’s free! All of it! And the drinks are on the house!” then he walked away, looking confused.

“See?” said Kagome to Koga, “Everything is free, the drinks are on the-”

Just then, ale began pouring from the ceiling over the tables.

“I think I have to be a bit more careful with my wording.” She said, as Koga positioned his mouth under one of the holes the ale was coming out of.

MEANWHILE WITH NARAKU

“I won’t go until I’m sure InuYasha has left the valley.”

“I’m giving you my word.” Snarled Ares, god of war, to Naraku. “I’ve taken care of it- InuYasha is gone.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want InuYasha in my way. The other demons think they can take him- but he’s foiled too many of my plans for me to risk it. ”

“Don’t worry- I’ll give you the signal to attack, when I’m sure InuYasha is gone.”

“What’s the signal?” asked Naraku.

“You’ll know when you see it!”

And with that Ares disappeared.

BACK WITH KAGOME AND KOGA WHERE IT’S RAINING ALE

People had put buckets under the fountains of ale, and every once in a while somebody would stick their cup under the spray. People were falling over drunk everywhere.

Eris was watching them, invisible.

“Well, time’s a-wasting. Let’s go, Koga, we have a lot of good to do!” said Kagome cheerfully.

As they got up (Koga with a belch), the owner/waiter came over to a customer.

“C’mon Wong, you’ve had enough!”

“Who are you to tell me I’ve had enough?” slurred Wong, and punched the owner/waiter.

“Y’know, there’s always one drunk who spoils it.” Said Kagome.

“ONE drunk?” asked Koga, as all over the bar people broke out into fights.

He shook his head at her. “Couldn’t get any worse!”

“Well, this wasn’t supposed to happen!” She said.

“WHERE ARE THEY?”

They turned around, and Koga’s eyes widened. “It just got worse!”

Into the inn walked the five barbarian/demons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kagome grabbed Koga’s arm.
“You think you can make fools of us?” growled the leader, baring his decayed teeth.

Think, Kagome, think…ah ha!
“WE are BARBARIANS!”

Kagome began writing.

“We will…” the demon trailed off, looking perplexed. “…go west. Yes, we will go west!” he looked at his equally confused companions, and walked out. The other four followed.

They got on their horses and galloped away to the west.

“Whew!” said Kagome.

A woman looking out the window gasped.

“The barbarians are heading for the orphanage!” she shouted at Kagome.

Eris laughed.

“Uh, minor setback!” she began writing.

:0)

“WAIT! WE GO EAST!” shouted the befuddled leader to the others, and they began riding to the east.

:-l

“NOW THEY’RE HEADING FOR THE NEXT TOWN!” shouted the lady by the window.

“Uh, uh-” stammered the panicking Kagome, as Eris whooped with laughter.

“Uh, the barbarians… disappeared from the land!”

“WAIT! To the boats!” shouted the leader. “We will… become pirates, and kill all who sail the seas!”

sweatdrop, evil Eris laugh

“Uh, um, the barbarians went to the caves, and fell into a deep sleep!”

“WAIT! TO THE CAVES!” the leader yawned. “I’m exhausted!”

They galloped away.

:-l

“So this is all the good you wanted do, huh?” asked Koga.

“Forget it!” Kagome shoved the paper and pen into Koga’s chest, angrily.

“I’m not writing another word!” she left the tavern.

“Yes!” said Eris, and vanished.

90OfThePeopleWhoReadTheyCan’tLickTheirElbowTryAnyway

“I don’t get it! My work is always very vivid! I guess all I need to do is be more careful with my words.”

Kagome and Koga were walking down the street. Either nobody was there, or they were all like New Yorkers, nobody noticed what happened later.

Suddenly, a thought came to Kagome, and she grabbed Koga.

“Do you know what this means? With this scroll I can end disease, hunger…” she looked at him. “I can end war!” she turned Koga around, and used his back as a surface to write on the paper.

“The will of mortals won out and… war lost all its power!”

“AAAAAAAHHHHH!”

Suddenly, a man clad in leather fell out of the sky!

“My powers! What happened to my powers?” he leapt to his feet and glared a Kagome. “You! What have you done to me?”

“Who are you?” she asked, her voice squeaking in terror.

He straightened up. “Ares, god of war!”

sweatdrop

“Uh, uh, I can fix this!” she began to hurriedly write on the paper (she leaned it on Koga’s shoulder).

“The force that… enchanted the scroll… lost its power!”

“AAAAAHHHH!” This time a blonde woman fell from the sky, right on top of Ares, knocking them both to the ground.

“ERIS?!” exclaimed Kagome.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:06 am
I'm familiar with you Xena epsiode this is based on and you did a great job of Inuyasha-izing it. Your own humor in the early part of the chapter was the best part - really funny! Keep writing smile  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:58 pm
PART TWO OF CHAPTER 3

In Which Kagome Freaks, Eris Shrieks, and Koga Meeks

P.S. There’s lots of breaks so you can recognize where you left off if this chapter’s too long and you have to stop.

!#$&+Bah-Bum+&$#!

“You gave this idiotic mortal powers of destiny?” exclaimed Ares.

“No, I enchanted some paper!” she yelled back. “And don’t act all surprised, you WANTED me to do it!”

“No, no, see, I wanted you to go after her and get InuYasha out of the way!”

“Excuse me, it WORKED- kinda!”

“Wait a minute-” started Kagome, “You wanted InuYasha out of the way so you enchanted my paper?”

Eris glared at Ares. “Ares was being his usual manipulative self!”

She stood up, hands on her hips.

“He’s got some army waiting somewhere or something, waiting to pounce on the valley and get the Hat of Ultimate Power in the temple or something. I don’t care about such things- as long as there’s plenty of strife - which there won’t be because everybody’ll all be DEAD. He wanted InuYasha out of the way so there’d be no interference.”

“And you figured that out all by yourself, did you?” sneered Ares.

“Hey, don’t believe everything you hear about blondes!” she said, then to Kagome, “Look, just write my powers back and I’ll un-zap the scroll!”

“No, mine first - I have a powerful demon waiting for me to give the signal that InuYasha’s gone.” Said Ares.

“Uh, not helping your case Slick.” said Eris.

He smiled at Kagome.

“I promise if you give me my powers back I’ll call off the demon.” He said, and Eris snickered.

“Pigs can fly!” she laughed.

“You can.” He replied.

Before the furious Eris could retaliate, Koga butted in.

“Uh, if you undo the scroll InuYasha will come back and the demon won’t attack.”

“That’s true.” Said Kagome, and began writing. “Eris was as she was before.”

Eris smiled as she disappeared in a flash…

“AAAAAHHHH!” Eris fell on top of Ares- in the exact same way as before!

Kagome gaped at the two on the ground.

“Eris is as she was before. It’s all in the wording.” Said Koga smugly.

“Ok… what if we fill up the paper? Will that end the curse?” asked Kagome.

“No, it’s just be full, everything will stay the same.” Said Eris.

“You should just write, “Everything is as it was before.”” Said Koga.

“Then we’ll all go back to our baby cribs and you’ll go back under your rock.” Said Eris, spitefully. Then to Kagome, “did you write HIM here?” she tried to wipe some dirt of her face, but only smudged it everywhere.

Kagome blushed. “Not exactly… here.” She handed it to Ares.

“Ah.” He said, after looking at it for a second. “Kagome awoke with a jerk.”

Eris laughed, and Kagome looked up at a confused Koga.

“I don’t get it, what’s so funny about waking up?” he asked.

MEANWHILE WITH NARAKU

Naraku was waiting for the signal. A giggling girl ran by.

“Is that the signal to attack?” asked Kagura.

A boy ran after her, and they ran giggling into the trees.

Naraku shook his head. “No, that’s not the sign.”

WITH ERIS, ARES, KAGOME, AND KOGA

“Ok, I have to deconstruct the story from the beginning, that means bringing InuYasha back first.” explained Kagome.

“InuYasha comes back at the head of an army.” Suggested Ares.

“We could end up with an army of ants… or children… or fleas.”

“Whoa, whoa, why don’t we describe him?” asked Koga, bent over with the paper on his back (for a flat surface again).

“Yeah! Hey- suddenly, there was the arrival of the man.” Kagome started.

“Remember the eyes.” Said Eris.

“Yellow eyes… white hair… wielding the Tessaiga!” shouted Kagome in triumph.

“Wait- does anybody KNOW what the Tessaiga is? Does the paper know it?” asked Koga.

“Um… wielding the sword of InuTashio! Yeah!” Kagome ran over and began writing.

Suddenly there was a flash of light and then…

“Uh-oh.” Said Koga.

Kagome looked up and gasped. “SESSHOMARU!”

~*~

Ares leaned towards her. “Who is this man?”

“S-Sesshomaru, InuYasha’s older brother!”

Sesshomaru glared at them, and pointed Tenseiga (which he had no idea why was in his hand) threateningly at Kagome.

“What’s going on? Who’re they?” he pointed to the once Greek gods.

“Eris and Ares. Ares is the, uh, god of war.”

Eris bristled. “And I’M the spirit of strife!”

“Strange companions, priestess.” (I’m not sure what he would call her. Wench?)

“Uh, I’ll explain!” said Kagome quickly.

And she did.

WITH NARAKU AND CO.

They were sitting, waiting. Naraku threw up a tentacle, impaling a bird, which fell in front of him.

“Is that the sign?” asked Kagura, eagerly. Naraku glared.

“It’s lunch. Pluck it.”

AT THE NEAREST INN
WITH KAGOME, KOGA, ERIS, ARES, AND LORD SESSHOMARU

They were at the bar (where it was still raining ale). Eris was now very dirty, and drunk. She was talking to Fluffy, who was looking very bored, sipping some ale (it was free, after all).

“This is one good thing about being mortal!” she slurred, taking a bite out of her shish-ka-bob. (sp?) She burped.

“You know, I always thought gods were very wise and powerful. Wait’ll people hear they’re as plain as dirt off a wheel!” laughed Koga, slapping an outraged Eris on the back.

“Y’know, I thought I was a good writer. But look at the mess I’ve caused!” said Kagome to Koga.

“Not everything you write turns to disaster.” Said Koga. “Look at those priestesses!”

Just then the priestesses came over (remember, the ones who owned the orphanage?).

“You know that sword the man gave us? We sold it for a KING’S RANDSOM to him!” said miko #1, and pointed happily to a man in a corner, eating fruit with the beautiful sword.

“See?” asked Koga. “You did some good- the orphans these priestesses look after!” he refilled his mug under a waterfall of ale.

“YOU!” into the inn walked the warrior from earlier, complete with too much armor and beer belly! He pointed at the dude with the sword. “THAT IS MY KINSMAN SWORD! You are a dead man!”

“WAIT!” shrieked Kagome, and he looked at her. “What’s your name?” she asked the knight.

“I am Menomaru!” he said in a high, pretentious tone (and yes, I know, I’m re-using Menomaru’s name from the first movie, so sue me). “Why?”

Kagome began writing. A look of surprise came upon Menomaru’s face.

“The caves! I MUST go to the caves!” then he sauntered out of the inn.

“Those caves are going to get reeeeally full.” Said Ares.

Kagome stalked angrily out of the inn with her paper and pen.

WITH NARAKU, KAGURA, KANNA, AND KOHAKU

They were cooking the bird. It was roasting on a spit.

“Where’s my drink?” asked Naraku. “I’m parched.”

Kohaku came out of the forest with it, but tripped and it fell and broke in the fire, exploding the bird in a fiery ball.

“No,” he said, face black with soot to Kagura, “that’s not the sign.”

WITH SESSHOMARU, KAGOME, KOGA, ARES, AND ERIS

Quote:
Author’s Note: Go- go dancing is a kind of wild disco dance- I think.

“Y’know, I’ve been trying to bring InuYasha here, why don’t we go find him? I mean, there aren’t that many fishing places around here!” Kagome said, in a slightly higher voice than usual. Her nerves were VERY strained.

“We’ll just find the trout stream or fishing hole or,” she slammed the paper down on a table, “wherever I sent him!” she stalked away (again.)

BTW, they’re outside again. This was, like, a public picnic table or something. Fluffy was talking battle tactics with Ares.

“Why won’t it stay up?” Eris was having trouble keeping her now matted hair up.

“Hey, Eris.” Said Koga, sitting across from her. “You’re a woman, you know about feelings, right? I’m in love with Kagome- but she doesn’t love me. How should I win her? Flowers?”

“Hmm.” Said Eris. She rubbed her head wearily. “Poems. Presents. Now LEAVE ME ALONE.” She stood up and joined Ares and Fluffy.

“Poetry.” Said Koga. He saw the paper and pen. He picked them up. He began writing.

*wolf whistle*

Ares turned around a gaped at what was standing behind Koga. Or rather, DANCING behind Koga. Then Kagome came back. She saw what everyone was goggling at, and gave a horrified gasp.

On a balcony above Koga, were three GO-GO dancing Kagomes. Three NAKED dancing Kagomes. Shaking their heads and whipping their hair, they smiled down at everybody.

0_0

Koga looked up at the startled crowd, and looked behind him. One of the Kagome clones winked at him and continued dancing. Ares grinned. Sesshomaru was the only male in the crowd who kept his cool and covered his eyes (when he saw the real and very angry Kagome coming through the crowd, that is.)

Kagome ran over to the table, and saw the paper and pen in front of the now drooling Koga.

She picked up the paper. “YOU WROTE ON THE PAPER?”

He whipped around a faced her, eyes widening at her enraged face. “Y-yeah I was writing a limerick to cheer you up!”

She began to read aloud.

“A warrior, Koga the mighty

Asked a boon from the goddess Eris

And what surprise he saw with love’s eyes

Three times…” she looked up.

“I had a little trouble there. Anybody know a word that ends in ‘ris’?”

Kagome grabbed his throat and began shaking him. “Idiot wolf! How could you write on the paper? And what does love’s eyes have to do with me anyway?” then she stopped.

“Oh yeah. Right. I’m you’re ‘woman.’ How silly of me.” She glared at the naked dancing clones.

Koga laughed nervously.

“Well, let’s send those three to the caves, eh?” he glanced back at them. “Maybe in a minute…

Kagome growled, and began writing. The three clones got down from the balcony and walked towards the caves.

“To the caves!” she growled.

NIGHTIME, EVERYBODY’S ASLEEP

Eris was snoring. Ares was muttering in his sleep about Pocky. Kagome was dreaming about Naraku dressed as an algebra problem chasing her through a huge bowl of Ramen.

Fluffy was asleep. Period.

Koga was awake.

“Presents, eh?”

IN TOWN

Koga was at a peddler’s stall.

“Look, it’s late mister, I…”

Koga handed him his sword.

“I’m always open for business!” said the peddler, staring at the sword with greedy eyes.

NEXT MORNING

Kagome woke up to a beautiful necklace sitting on her chest. She smiled.

“You like it?” asked Koga.

She turned around. “You gave this to me? Gee, Koga, thanks!”

“Yeah. I, uh, had to trade my father’s scabbard and sword for it.”

Kagome’s face darkened. “What?”

“I had to trade my father’s scabbard and sword for it.”

She grabbed the front of his shirt. “You said you would never, ever part with it!”

“Well, Kagome, some things in life are worth giving up-”

“YOU IDIOT!” she screamed, waking everybody up.

“Wha-”

“The paper!”

“What about it?”

“I hid the paper in the scabbard, Koga! Where is the scabbard?”

She began pulling his hair.

“I-I-I gave it to a peddler!” said the baffled Koga, as Kagome began shaking him like a bottle of orange juice. “We’ll find him! And besides, what’re the odds he’ll figure it out?”

A woman ran by.

“You better hurry, it’s raining yen in town!” she cried, and ran off.

If looks could kill, Koga would’ve been pushing up daisies.

He gave a nervous giggle. “Y’know that’s funny-”

Kagome began to strangle him.

90percentofthepeoplewhoreadtheycan’tlicktheirelbowtrytoanyway

“I’ve got it- I know exactly what to write but FIRST- first we need to get the paper.” said Kagome. Everybody was gathered in a circle (except poor Koga, who was tied to a tree behind them).

“And how do you hope to do that?” asked Sesshomaru skeptically.

“Well, Sesshomaru, that’s my business.” she said. “Ok, Ares, Eris, I want you to go to town and find out where the peddler went. Sesshomaru and I are going to go where it’s raining yen and look for him there.”

“What about me?” asked Koga.

“You,” she said, untying him, “get to go to the caves- and to wait. C’mon.” she and the others left.

“The ca-” started Koga angrily, then stopped and remembered the three naked clones, and grinned.

“The caves.”

MEANWHILE

Eris was leaning against a wall, when a man walked by. Sticking out her chest, she used her smoothest voice and said, “Hey there, big boy.”

He grinned- then stopped, and sniffed. “Call me when you’ve had a bath, toots.” He walked away, leaving a horrified Eris in his wake.

Ares walked up to her.

“The tavern keeper said he headed out of town this way- hey, do you smell something?” he sniffed, and wrinkled his nose.

Eris growled.

MEANWHILE

Kagome and Fluffy-sama were following the peddler’s trail from where it was raining yen.

“These ruts from the wagon are deep- as though he’s carrying a load of yen.” said Kagome to Fluffy.

“Where’d you learn to read trails like that?” asked Sesshomaru.

“InuYasha. You hang around him long enough you’re bound to pick up something.”

Sesshomaru was silent.

“Y’know, he’s not all that bad, he can be really nice sometimes.” Said Kagome.

“Not all the time apparently, or else you wouldn’t have sent him fishing.” He said smugly.

“Well, he can be a jerk too.”

“Yeah, very selfish.” They laughed- then stopped.

A moment of silence.

“Uh, it looks like he’s heading for the caves.” She said.

Silence.

“We were… starting to warm up to each other for a moment, weren’t we?” he asked.

“Yeah.” She said.

A pause.

He raised his eyebrows. “I didn’t like it.”

She shook her head, “Right back at ya.”

They walked on.

IN THE CAVES

Koga was leaning over the sleeping barbarians, who were lying in a pile in the middle of the huge cavern, when Kagome and Fluffy walked in.

“Koga!” she shout whispered angrily.

“SHHHH!” he shout whispered back, “I’m trying to disarm them!”

“Look, I don’t know how, but you are going to screw it up! Now just back away!”

“I won’t screw up, as long as they don’t wake up before we find the pe…”

Then, in walked the peddler, holding the rolled-up paper in his grubby hands!

“THAT’S THE GUY!” shouted Koga, pointing at the peddler.

The barbarians began to stir, and Kagome glared at Koga.

“WHO’S GOT IT?” shouted the prissy warrior (remember Menomaru?), who had just walked into the cavern. He stuck his sword at the peddler, dislodging the paper from his hands. Koga caught it and threw it to Kagome.

There were a few passages around the walls, and Kagome and Fluffy ran into the left passage. Koga scurried away from the waking demon barbarians, running into Ares and Eris, who ran past him after Kagome.

The barbarians got up and ran into another passage.

Kagome came out of a passage into a new cavern (alone), and ran into another. The prissy knight came running out of it, bumped into her, and took the paper.

“Not the paper!” she shouted.

He ran back into the cavern (the new one), and swung his sword at Eris and Ares, but it slipped from his hand.

“MY KINSMAN SWORD!” he shouted. The barbarians ran in, grabbed him, and began dragging him away.

Koga ran into the cavern and grabbed the paper from Menomaru as he was being dragged away, and ran into another chamber. He stopped dead.

In front of him was a naked dancing Kagome. She winked and wiggled her shoulders. Koga spun around. Another Kagome was dancing in an entrance- and another in another! The first Kagome began doing a backstroke move, and the second winked while the third whipped her hair.

Koga was surrounded!

Just then the peddler bumped into him.

“Nice looking, huh?” asked Koga.

The peddler nodded, and Koga punched his jaw and slid away under his legs. The peddler ran away, the barbarians ran in, trampled Koga, and took the paper!

Kagome was waiting in the entrance to the passage. She stuck out her bow and, one by one, tripped the barbarian demons. The paper flew into the air, and into the triumphant Kagome’s hand.

“Time to end this once and for all!” she ran back to the original passage, and began writing.

Then, everybody- Eris, Ares, Sesshomaru, the prissy warrior, the peddler, the five barbarian demons, and Koga ran into the chamber. She raised the paper (rolled up again), and shouted, “Stay back!”

“Kagome, over here!” shouted Koga. Kagome threw it to him- but it was intercepted by the peddler, who ran out through a passage.

“That’s the way out of the caves!” Kagome shouted angrily at Koga. He giggled nervously again.

AllworkandnoplaymakesErisadullgoddess

The peddler ran out of the cave, clutching the paper. The three naked Kagomes skipped after him. Following them were the five yelling barbarians, with the prissy knight on their heels shouting, “my sword!” Sesshomaru brought up the rear, Tokijin brandished high.

Ares, Eris, Koga, and Kagome burst outside.

“What did you write on the paper?” asked Koga.

“Instead of bringing InuYasha to the scroll I brought the scroll to InuYasha.” She said. “I just hope I phrased it right.”

They ran after the group.

WITH NARAKU AND CO.

Naraku watched below as a man ran by, followed by three naked woman (couldn’t see them this far away), 5 hairy men, and SESSHOMARU.

He grinned. “If that isn’t the sign to attack, I don’t know what is! Let’s go!” he said, and he, his army of demons (donated by Ares, btw), Kagura, and Kanna headed out.

BACK WITH THE GODS, KAGOME, AND KOGA

“Hey, who’s leading the army that’s going to attack, anyway?” asked Kagome.

“Name’s Naraku.” Said Ares.

“Naraku? Oh man…” said Kagome.

“Hey, wait a minute.” Said Koga, and sniffed. “Do you smell something?”

“Lay OFF OF ME, turkey!” shouted Eris angrily.

“No, no, it smells like… fish!”

Just then they heard the sound of a cart, and around the bend rolled…

“InuYasha!” cried Kagome. It was indeed InuYasha, pulling a cart full of… fish!

He held out the paper. “This yours?” he asked.

She reached for it, but he pulled it away.

“I got it off a peddler who was being chased by three naked yous, who were being chased by five demon barbarians, a man, and Sesshomaru, who is still chasing them. Oh yeah, and I read the paper.”

She bit her lip. “Kinda messed it up, didn’t I?”

“Kinda.” He said, and handed it back to her. “Did you write that limerick?” he asked disdainfully.

“I did!” said Koga proudly.

“Figures.” Said InuYasha.

“I tried to get you back!” said Kagome. “I wrote, ‘InuYasha goes to visit his number one friend.’”

“You sent me to a guy I played with when I was 30, my FIRST friend!”

(Note 30 in human years - but 8 in demon years)

“What about, ‘InuYasha returns to the woman who brought him a new life?’” asked Ares.

InuYasha lifted up a salmon.

“Kikyo says thanks for the fish.” He said. “Who the hell are you anyway?”

“Ares, god of war, and this is Eris, spirit of strife. We lost our powers to the paper.”

“Yeah, that part about war losing it’s power…” InuYasha stopped and sniffed, then wrinkled his nose. Eris fumed.

He continued, “I DID start back once, but I was overcome with an irresistible urge to go fishing again- I figure that’s where you wrote ‘InuYasha returned from his journey.’ And then I knew something was up. I had visited just about everyone I had ever met that meant anything to me-” he looked at Kagome, “except you. That’s when I headed back.”

Kagome smiled.

*Violin music*

“Look, I know I’m breaking up a major love fest but LOOK AT ME! I’m not built to be mortal!” said Eris. “We’ve got to put things back together the way they were!”

“Yeah,” said Koga, “and stop Naraku from destroying the valley!”

“Eris,” said InuYasha, “what was the spell you used for the paper, exact wording?”

“Uh…Lies will make the world go round, till truer words are written down.” she said.

“So, when you make up something, the paper has the power to make it happen… but when truer words are written… the power ends, well that’s it!” he said, swinging around the face Kagome, accidentally smacking Koga in the face with the salmon he was holding.

“All you have to do is write down the truth.” He said to her.

“Ok, but what are we going to do about Naraku?” she asked.

He grinned. “I’ll take care of him.” He said. “But you have to write down everything I do; no embellishing, no poetic license, just exactly what you see.”

“But how’re we going to know if it worked?” asked Eris.

“When you get your powers back we’ll know.” He said and, grabbing the cart of fish, began walking again.

“What’s wrong?” Koga asked Kagome, looking at a fish he had stolen from the cart.

“I’m not very good at writing action.” Said Kagome.

“WHAT?” asked Ares, walking around Eris. “You follow InuYasha around-” he paused and sniffed, earning a glare from Eris, “You follow InuYasha around and write stories about him- how do you do this without writing action?”

“Well… I use metaphors. I say, ‘InuYasha burst on the scene in a blaze of glory!’”

“If you write that,” said Koga, “we’ll be picking him up in a million pieces!”

HERE COMES NARAKU

The army of demons descended on the valley(not a huge army, like a thousand, just a small one, maybe 30 or 50 demons), when suddenly-

WHAM!

A fish flew out of nowhere, knocking out two demons.

Naraku looked up to see- “InuYasha!” he snarled.

InuYasha was pelting them with fish from a huge cart.

One by one they flew gracefully through the air at the group.

“He threw a pike!” said Koga to Kagome, as she began writing. “Then a trout!”

“Kagura’s fan was knocked away!” shouted Ares.

InuYasha threw a squid in the face of a pig demon.

“Ew!” said Eris.

“That octopus came outta nowhere- he must have thrown it for the HALIBUT- get it? Halibut, hell of it?” chuckled Koga.

“Just write ‘InuYasha hit a demon with a squid.’” Said Ares.

InuYasha ran over to Naraku (who had slipped on a salmon), and sliced him in half.

“Damn- another puppet.” Said Inu.

“InuYasha destroyed Naraku’s puppet.” Said Eris.

InuYasha ran over and thwacked another demon on the side of his head with a fish.

“InuYasha whacked the gazelle demon with a trout.” Said Ares.

“Is ‘whacked’ a word?” asked Kagome.

“Say, ‘hit.’” Said Koga. “InuYasha sliced at Kanna with a swordfish-” suddenly, Koga frowned and looked at Kagome. “Hey, whaddya mean, ‘awoke with a jerk?’” he said angrily.

“Just keep with the script.” Said Ares.

“What happened?”

They turned around. “Sesshomaru!” said Kagome. “And Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara!”

“Hey, Sesshomaru came and got us and told us what’s happening, what’s up?” asked Miroku.

“Where are the barbarians?” asked Koga.

“They stopped fighting and went back to Barbaria.” Said Sesshomaru.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light and Eris was clean and beautiful again! She sighed and smiled.

“I’m back!” she zapped Koga, making him fall over.

“All right!” she said, and vanished.

“Ares, you must have your powers, too!” said Kagome.

Ares zapped a bunch of demons, turning them to dust, and grinned.

At that Kagura leapt onto her feather with Kanna, stuck out her tongue at InuYasha, and left.

The rest of the demons were taken care of by Miroku.

“WIND TUNNEL!”

“Well, I better go, there’s a lot of war to create. Au revoir.” said Ares, and he vanished too.

InuYasha looked at Sesshomaru, and drew his sword.

“No thanks - I was in the middle of paying the heating bills. I have to go. I’ll deal with you later.” Then he left, too.

“Well, we saved the valley and the Hat of Ultimate Power, whatever that is.” Said Kagome.

“A hat that gives ultimate power to the wearer. This town guards it.” Said Miroku.

“Hey!” said Kagome, looking at the paper. “There’s still some room left on the paper! Must mean there’s something else to write.” Her eyes glinted.

“How about, “The End?” said InuYasha, arms crossed.

“Ok.” Said Kagome, writing. “I just think it’s a bit-”

END OF CHAPTER THREE AND FOUR

Review, review, review!  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:39 pm
I love the chapter headings.
This was a great Xena episode. I'm glad you're bringing it to the InuYasha crowd.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 pm
Wow, I didn't have a summary up there. Good lord.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 pm

In Which Everybody Goes On Vacation, and Kirara and Ah-Un Hang Out

For chapter five, go here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2335936/5/A_Day_In_The_Life_Of_Naraku_&Short_Stories&

The reason for this is that the chapter is so pointless and silly that I wasn't sure it was worth posting. Perhaps I will post it, if people ask me to.

Please review my story there, you don't have to have an account! I want to get lots of reviews! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:16 pm
Author's Note: Hey, this is where I begin a bunch of connected chapters! Although I really do hate bringing in my own characters...

The Switch

“Are you sure this will work? The InuYasha gang may be a bit slow, but they might catch on eventually. The god of war himself- Ares- didn’t manage to get InuYasha out of the way for me. What makes you so sure you can?” Naraku said to the cloaked figure in front of him.

“Do not worry,” The childish, if a bit croaky voice under the hood said. “Ares was a fool in trying to trick Eris into getting InuYasha out of the way- the whole plan was foolish. My solution is much easier- if a bit more difficult.”

“You still haven’t told me YOUR part in all this, you know. What have you got to gain? Why are you helping me?” Naraku said, narrowing his eyes.

“Let’s just say I’m a friend.” She said, as emotionless as ever (and no, it isn’t Kanna).

“A friend?” he raised his eyebrow.

“Enough with the questions. Just do your part, and I’ll handle the rest.”

She vanished.

- A Word Of Explanation

It was nigh on three days ago that Naraku had met this intriguing child.

ANY NAMES SPELLED DIFFERENTLY, LIKE “KIKYO” OR "TESSAIGA" ARE BECAUSE I LIKE SPELLING THEM THAT WAY, SO LAY OFF OF ME! "TESSAIGA" IS THE JAPANESE WAY OF SAYING IT AND THUS WHAT I DEEM TO BE CORRECT.

Right. The mysterious person Naraku was talking to. The strange figure in a black hooded robe, with the croaky monotonous voice. Well, how should I know? I just got here too, you know! Why don’t we follow her, maybe get an idea of her nature?

-The Bag Of Ultimate Marbles-

Cimorine (Sih-more-een) was dreadfully bored. For centuries she had waited here, in the Tween Place- the place between Death and Life- guarding the Bag of Ultimate Marbles.

The Bag of Ultimate Marbles was a bag full of marbles with strange powers. Well, not strange, but uncommon. Hold the Marble of Flight, and you could fly. It was the same sort of thing with the Marble of Invisibility, the Marble of Invincibility, the Marble of Excellent Cooking, etc.

There were lots of different marbles in the bag, and various people tried to steal them. Usually these people were not very powerful, or at least not as powerful as Cimorine. Cimorine had not had a good fight in a very long time.

She felt a vibration in her hand. The Marble of Unwanted Visitors was warning her there was an intruder coming. She looked up.

Out of the fog came a cloaked figure. It looked like a child, but Cimorine had enough experience to know things weren’t always what they seemed in this place.

The child’s robe was a tattered black, and its hood fell over her face, covering it completely except for a mouth covered in shadow.

“Give me the Marbles.” The child said, in a croaky monotone. She reached out a blackened, rotting hand.

Cimorine looked at it in disgust. “Who are you?” she asked, trying to see into the hood.

“Your executioner.” The girl said. Then she reached and touched Cimorine’s face.

Cimorine screamed as her life force was drained from her body. Her face aged into wrinkles, before finally turning to nothing but a bare skull.

The skeleton fell to the floor and shattered. The hooded child reached over and picked up the Bag of Ultimate Marbles, and pulled one out. Then she walked away.

But before she vanished, she looked back at the skeleton formally known as Cimorine.

“You are but the first to fall, Cimorine.”

Then she vanished into the fog.

# The Plot Thickens #

“What do you expect me to do with this?” Naraku asked, looking doubtfully at the marble the strange being.

“With this, you defeat the InuYasha gang and get their jewel shards.” She said.

“Why don’t you just tell me what it is, impudent child?” he said scornfully.

“My name is Helen Back. And I won’t tell you; the marble can’t be used if you know what it is. Only an extremely powerful being could invoke it if they knew its power.”

“How do I invoke it?”

“Just ask for it to reveal itself to you. When it glows, say InuYasha’s name. Then you will know what it does.” Helen smiled and vanished, leaving nothing but the smell of sulfur behind.

Naraku looked at the tiger-eye colored marble. It was barley bigger than a nut. Yet it was supposed to help him defeat InuYasha. Then again, the Shikon No Tama was only a bit bigger, and it was infinitely powerful. In this world, things weren’t always what they seemed.

When should he do it? Now?

Why not?

“Reveal yourself to me.”

The light brown of the tiger-eye color brightened.

“InuYasha.” Naraku said, spitting out the name.

The marble glowed brighter. In fact, it grew so bright, it filled the room, and Naraku had to shield his eyes. Suddenly he was falling… falling through blackness…

# InuYasha Receives A Shock #

InuYasha was sitting in a tree when it happened. It was nice and shady, and he was snoozing.

The day was very pleasant, Kagome had not gotten mad once; in fact she had brought back some Ramen with her, to make later. InuYasha was very content.

Suddenly a bright white light enveloped him.

“What the…” In his surprise he lost his balance on the tree limb. He was falling, falling through darkness…

# The Switch #

Naraku hit the ground with an earth-shattering thump.

“OW!”

He opened his eyes. He was no longer in his castle. He was in a forest. He looked up; a tree. It looked like he had fallen out of it.

“Wha-?” he scratched his head- and bumped into something.

Uh-oh.

It was furry. He reached up and touched it.

It can’t be.

He ran over to a conveniently placed pond, and looked at his reflection.

He had a pair of dog ears. And white hair. And yellow eyes.

He was InuYasha.

# Kagura Knows Something’s Up #

Kagura was sulking about her ruined vacation, walking down the hallway towards her room. As she passed Naraku’s room, a blinding light shone around the doorway through the cracks for a split second, before going dark again.

“Hmm?”

She opened the door…

# InuYasha Gets A Bigger Shock #

InuYasha fell to the ground- with less a shock than he’d imagined. It was like he had simply tripped. He should’ve had a bigger impact; I mean, after all, to fall from a tree- but where was the tree?

He was indoors- in a room. It was sparsely furnished: A bed, a nightstand, a window, the Jewel of Four Souls, a candle-

Wait a minute. The Jewel of-

His train of thought was interrupted by a voice behind him.

“What happened?”

He turned around.

“Kagura?” he asked incredulously.

BAH-BUM!

# Kagura Gets Confused #

Naraku was looking at her in what looked like complete surprise.

“What happened?” she asked, knowing something was up.

“What are you doing here?” he demanded.

She blinked.

“I live here. Remember? I’m your incarnation?”
Ok, he’s acting weird…

“My incarnation?” he asked, rubbing his head. Then he stopped, and his eyes widened.

“Oh no.”

Kagura inched backwards. “Um, I’ll go now…”

If he doesn’t remember me, this could be my only chance to escape! She thought as she ran down the hall.

# InuYasha Receives ANOTHER Shock #

My ears! Where are my ears?

He ran over to a mirror hanging on a wall.

He was looking at Naraku.

I’m Naraku!

He fainted.

#Naraku Meets The Gang#

Naraku stared at his reflection.

“How the hell is THIS supposed to help me?” he shouted at the pond, feeling his new ears. He realized with a shock his voice was different- harsher.

Another reflection appeared behind him.

“What’re you yelling about, InuYasha?”

It was that priestess.

Naraku’s first instinct was to rip off her head- but he suppressed it, remembering he was in InuYasha’s body. Then he realized that he didn’t have to do what InuYasha would do. It might be fun to mess up InuYasha’s life.

But maybe he should just play the role- for a little while. He couldn’t think now. He would have to ponder this awhile later. The girl - Kagome? - was looking at him.

“Nothing. Just babbling.” He said.

“Oh. Well, I made you some Ramen.” She smiled.

“Oh.” He said, at a loss for words.

“What’s the matter? Usually you go wild at the mere sound of Ramen.” Kagome asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Nothing, I’m just a bit preoccupied.” He said, looking at her eyes.

Did he just use a sophisticated word like “preoccupied?” thought Kagome.

Naraku looked at the bottle around her neck.

“The jewel shards.” He breathed.

“What about them?”

Naraku blinked, thinking hard.

“The… jewel shards… they… could probably make food taste better?”
That’s so lame- she’ll figure it out!

“I doubt it.” Kagome said as she turned around and began walking away.

I guess InuYasha ALWAYS say dumb stuff. Naraku laughed mentally.

They came out to a clearing, where the rest of the InuYasha gang sat.

“Hey InuYasha.” Said the fox demon (Shrimpo…?)

He glared.

# InuYasha Takes Action #

InuYasha opened his eyes. Kagura’s face was right above him.

His eyes widened. “Whoa…”

She leaned back.

“He’s alive.” She said regretfully.

Then Kanna leaned over him.

“Are you alright? I brought Kagura back.” she said in her quiet monotone.

He narrowed his eyes.

“Go away.”

“What happened?” asked Kagura.

“I- I’m not sure. I’m not who I thought I was- or who you THINK I am.”

“What?” she asked.

“Oh just go away.” He said, waving his arm.

She got up.

“Fine.”

“And don’t come back- EVER.” He said, as an afterthought.

“What?” she asked, sounding disbelieving.

“While you’re at it, bring Kanna here along with you. I don’t care where you go, just leave me in peace.” He put his arm over his face and moaned. His head was killing him.

Kagura didn’t ask again. She hightail it outta there, Kanna in tow.

Once they had safely flown away, she turned around to Kanna.

“Do you think he’s really setting us free, or setting a trap?” she asked.

“Only Buddha knows. Let’s just do what he says.” Kanna said. Then she went silent.

Meanwhile, InuYasha was still on the floor, eyes closed, waiting to wake up.
Ok, I sent away the Wind Sorceress and that creepy kid. All I need to do now is wake up.

But he was awake. And he knew it.

He got up and dusted himself off. How had this happened?

Then he noticed the hunk of Sacred Jewel.

Maybe being Naraku wasn’t so bad after all.

He picked it up. It was horribly tainted; he put it back down, and searched around for a bag. All there was was a handkerchief on the nightstand and a tiger-eye colored marble on the floor.

He put the marble in his pocket (it had to be SOME use, why else would Naraku have it otherwise?)

He picked up the jewel with the handkerchief and put that in his pocket as well.

He opened the door. The smell of rotting corpses met his nose.

Ugh!

He covered the offended body part.

Then he began walking down the body- strewn hallway. As soon as he got out of this Palace of Death, he would find Kagome…

~*~*~*~*~

Alright, I hope I taliced and bolded everything. I'm too lazy to re-read the whole thing. Lady Pole, this chapter's for you since you're my only reviewer.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
dead threads - do not post

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items