Submit

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:31 am
if you could read either one, which would you pick and why?

i own both, so im happy.

ive got the satanic bible because of the philosophical value and because im obsessed with different religions

ive got the anarchists cookbook because its an act of treason to own it so it makes me feel special 3nodding and for curiositys sake  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:20 am
I've read both, and neither are very good, in my opinion. The Satanic Bible is decent, but is even more hypocritical and contradictory than the real Bible. The Anarchist's Cookbook is, well, pointless. Beyond the fact that anarchy is idiotic, the book just isn't very well written.  

GilAskan
Crew

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:56 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Anarchists Cookbook.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:11 am
Do you lub me?
The anarchist's cookbook sounds like fun

>.< bwee!
<3

bubble.muffin.babe

scott the archangel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:59 am
aNARCHISTS COOKBOOK BECAUSE I LOVE BOMBS.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:07 am
Satanic Bible. It's fun to read stuff from alot of different religions. 3nodding

Corpse_Bride_131

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:58 am
I must admit, I've never read either. Glanced at the Cookbook once, but I couldn't figure out why I'd need it, so... Never really read it.

Satanism isn't something that's ever appeale to me either. I'm a Shaman, and that works more than well enough for me, so I've never picked up the Satanist's bible either. : P  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:41 pm
I've read both for amusement and curiosity and found both rather disinteresting. For all it's touting of christianity, the satanic bible is simply lacking in enlightenment (or I'm a bit jaded) and as for the cookbook, well, the television series MacGuyver showed me more and better tricks. One day we had to come in to work early and the manager who drew the short straw forgot his keys and so I showed him how to bypass out magnetic security system with a chewing gum wrapper, a ballpoint pen and a pair of headphones. (I imagine I'd be in a hell of alot of trouble had it not been -20 outside and I've been with the company since it's opening 6 yrs ago)  

ceilisidhe

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:49 pm
I saw the movie "The Anarchist's Cookbook." It was interesting . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 pm
In my opinion, Anarchy is stupid. The Cookbook is mildly interesting to read, but it would be hard to find alot of "ingredients" used to make the explosives in the book. Also, it leaves out a bunch of easier to use binding components for homemade napalm. Tsk-Tsk.
Also, the author has since said that he no longer believes in the things that he advocates in the book and that he is ashamed to have his name on it. Why read something by someone who doesnt believe in what they say?  

ShutUpandPlay

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:36 pm
I suppose I'd choose the Satanic Bible because it's interesting. I know a little bit but there's no harm in learning more.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:13 pm
never read either..got to get on that  

Willie-John[Abomination]

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:22 pm
Willie-John
never read either..got to get on that

Honestly, the Satanic Bible isn't worth it. If you can find a copy at a library, fine, but I wouldn't buy it. Le Vay just talks in circles.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:29 pm
Takkun8989
if you could read either one, which would you pick and why?

i own both, so im happy.

ive got the satanic bible because of the philosophical value and because im obsessed with different religions

ive got the anarchists cookbook because its an act of treason to own it so it makes me feel special 3nodding and for curiositys sake

I would read both.... I like to hear the different issues covered in both of the books......  

Devils_lilboy

darkrock64

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:01 pm
i read neither im still looking for the necronomicon ex mortis twisted  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items