Boys + Nana = Good Conversation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:29 pm
So I recently introduced a couple of my guy friends to Nana. One of them watched to movie (he got into it after I showed him a couple of banners I made for this guild) and is excited about the 2nd one, and the others I gave/showed them the Nana episodes.

So today, I started talking to them about it. One of them, told me he started getting all teary, on the verge of crying! on a lot of the parts. We spent the whole lunch (approx. 35-40 min) talking about it. It's soo nice to be able to talk about Nana.

So how about the rest of you? Would you/Have you introduced Nana to the males in your life? And males, how is Nana doing for you?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:52 pm
There really isn't anyone in my life I can introduce Nana too, besides my mom and sister. Besides subjecting them to the movie, and the first 4 physical copies of translated manga, I cannot subject them to more without intense glaring. Silly people will not read my vast scanlation collection/watch the subtitled anime. sad  

Nafariously Ploted

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:52 pm
One of my co-workers got to watch the movie and he liked it too. We have some random conversations about NANA and I tell him all the latest goings-on of the manga, but he thinks it's way too heavy for him. xD

I did get my stepsis to fall in absolute love with NANA tho, via the movie. I thinks he got a few of her friends to watch it as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:30 pm
I'm a guy. I love talking about NANA whenever one of my girl friends strike that topic. Usually its mostly about "If I was him/her" type of conversation.  

Duezt

floRENzaa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:47 pm
Unfortunately, there's not that many boys that would actually like Nana in my little group of friends. I mean, I understand but man, it sucks. Especially since some of them would make great cosplays.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:00 pm
floRENzaa
Unfortunately, there's not that many boys that would actually like Nana in my little group of friends. I mean, I understand but man, it sucks. Especially since some of them would make great cosplays.

Have you tried showing them the anime/manga/movie? I didnt think my guy friends would be in it too, but to my surprise they really like it! It doesnt hurt to try.  

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

floRENzaa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:36 pm
I guess that's true...I suppose I can give it a try.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 pm
I am a male. I created this guild. You do the math lol. I am also giving it to my friends. When they watch it I'll let you know.  

Ichigosama
Captain

Konstantine Keys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:41 pm
I tried to introduce it to my brother, by showing him the live action movie. Here were his comments:

-Why are they taking a bath together in such a small tub?

-Why did that rock chick cut her hair? It looked much better long?

-Wow, that one Nana is kind of hot, but the rock Nana is kind of freaky.

-What is with the bass player with the wierd piercings?

-Is it almost over?

-It is about over, right?

I TRIED!!! redface  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:23 pm
lol, how old is he?

One of my friends asked me that same question about the movie. He said to me, "Hey, did you see that one scene where they were naked in the tub?" I really laughed out loud.

My other friend, he's COMPLETELY hooked. He got the songs, watched all the anime episodes, watched the movie, and is going to read the manga. Finally someone to seriously talk NANA with!!!  

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

Anti-Ling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:20 pm
-Obsessed Male Person Thing-

I've tried introducing friends to it
Even some of the girls think it's a little too girly for them xD

Maybe it's just the Shojo Beat treatment it got
I keep telling them It's just drama, nothing too intense and Soap Opera-ish

Ohwell
They'd have to catch up and I'd have to worry about not spoiling things for them D:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:37 pm
schzoid_baka

One of my friends asked me that same question about the movie. He said to me, "Hey, did you see that one scene where they were naked in the tub?" I really laughed out loud.

yes that was me  

nooblet1337

[ .Lolita in Pink. ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:06 am
Well I was singing one of the Nana song [Glamorous Sky] and my new friend who came here from Taiwan [a male] recognized it and said lots of people knew about it [the movie] there; I died!!!! Didn't pursue it though because I didn't want him to think I'm some crazy stalker or obsessed fan or anything. ^.--
But yeah so biggrin

One of my guy friends hasn't seen it and we keep teasing him but he hasn't gotten around and the other one has seen it and liked it. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
[ .Lolita in Pink. ]
Well I was singing one of the Nana song [Glamorous Sky] and my new friend who came here from Taiwan [a male] recognized it and said lots of people knew about it [the movie] there; I died!!!! Didn't pursue it though because I didn't want him to think I'm some crazy stalker or obsessed fan or anything. ^.--
But yeah so biggrin

One of my guy friends hasn't seen it and we keep teasing him but he hasn't gotten around and the other one has seen it and liked it. biggrin

Hmm... Didn't I get you into Nana, Loli? XD;

As for my male friends. Well. I tried getting one of them into it. He said ZHe'd rather read Death Note. XD; But he looks for thing son Ebay for me. XD;  

[. I N F E C T E D .]

Blind birds fly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:50 pm
None of my male friends care about anything I like crying They just care about themselves..and other boys ~~..
I tried to get some of my girl friends into it, sort of success. They don't really like the art, however.
I adore the art :O  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces