33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Yeah, but not that much.
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Nope!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
That's a big word... what's stereotyping???
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Muahaha! *snatches free gold*
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

I T A C H I

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:15 pm
At my high school I seemed to get stereotyped a LOT because I'm asian. They automatically assume I'm an anime junkie, I can't speak english fluently, I'm good at math, etc. This ever happen to you guys, or is it just me? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:21 pm
Well, my school is full of Asians....
so nobody automatically assumes we're fob or anything. Or that we're into anime and stuff (I'm not that much). Actually a lot of white ppl at my school are into that stuff too.

But anyway, people just assume that since I'm Asian, I'm good at EVERYTHING, especially math. And I hate that cuz I suck cherrybombs at math...and I'm NOT good at everything. It's annoying I agree. confused

But I have to say, there are worse things to be stereotyped as, I think us Asians have it easy.  

Laughing Platypus

ShigureAishite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:31 pm
Sadly enough I do get stereotyped my school is only 1% asians or something. They think I'm very good at stuff and that I go home and study. Sure I get good grades, but thats only because I pay attention and can understand what the teacher explains. I'm just a student who is lazy. Yes I love anime, but thats based upon what I had to watch as a child.To me they can think what they want, as long as they stop asking me questions everyday. I'm very much tired of being asked what my nationality is 50 times a day by the same people over and over again. Well thats all I have to say for today. I have finals next week and I want to make sure I pass. They made a new rule that if you dont get enough credits next you will be the same grade and no one wants to be a freshman two years in a row.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:45 pm
i have little asian classmates in my school. The freshmen guys tho are different, since there are more asian guys than asian girls. THe freshmen asians are the "general" asian stereotype. You know, glasses, cruu cutt hair, short, smart, and video game dork. But im cool since i'm way older than them...no offense.  

dynamitechick

Azirru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:52 pm
we're 100% fil. at school. so we're all asian....

but, i got stereotype in terms of food becuz they thought that all asians can eat almost all crappy foods in the world...

I eat balut, chicken and pork intestine, and some agricultural pests... but i don't think it is enough to call asians crap eaters...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:55 pm
dont let them get to you, they say one thing you say another.

if he was white then you tell them they must be as bumb as a redneck
hispanic, say hey you must e a w*****k
on ward and on wards  

Angmar01

Centaurion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:02 pm
i'm a stereotypical asian who happens to be a fluent writer.....i don't mind at all.....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:26 pm
Everyone gets stereotyped you just have to brush it off and get on with life, because its just human nature.  

buriteni

I T A C H I

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:55 pm
buriteni
Everyone gets stereotyped you just have to brush it off and get on with life, because its just human nature.

yeah, no kidding. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:22 pm
People always assume that I'm smart because I'm Asian.

But, oh well. mrgreen

Shigures Editor

Venused

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:35 pm
Mmm, kinda, but not in a bad way.
I can understand how people would stereotype Asians as, like, dorks who like anime and are good at math and art and badminton.
I don't really hear that often, where I live. The typicale Asian stereotype here is the gelled Asian hair, Asian 'crews', and brand name clothing. That's what I see all the time anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.hidden melody. says...

hm... the only real stereotype i have to deal with is the one where everyone assumes that i'm a genious. which really bugs me. e-e;; because certain people will be like "whatd you get on the midterm? oh wait let me guess an A" and...when i dont then it's just... ehhh ew. >>;

either way, my school has a lot of asians

.hidden melody.

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:46 pm
I'm sure stereotyping happens to a lot of people. You are not the first and definitely not the last person in this world to be a victim of stereotypes and prejudice.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games