I love her books!
  Nope, never.
  Gold!
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:33 pm
I've been meaning to make a thread for this author for ages. n.n"

She's written Dead Witch Walking, The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, Every Which Way but Dead, and A Fistful of Charms, all part of a series. The next one is entitled For a Few Demons More. She also has a short story in the anthology Dates From Hell.

Personally, I loved the first three books in her The Hollows series. The fourth one was a disappointment to me. (How to put this in a way that won't give away what happens....) Rachel does something that she tries really hard not to do for the first three books, and she wants to continue doing it, despite the fact that she was fighting against it for so freaking long. She had a (kinda) good reason for doing it, but it was still stupid. It was completely out of character, in my opinion, from the first three books, and it destroyed any respect for that character (and the author, in a way) that I previously had. I'll probably still read the next one, just to see if the author can somehow redeem Rachel, but if it's bad I'm stopping the series. Two strikes and it's out of my life, for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 pm
Who are you talking about? confused  

Lady Reader

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:18 pm
too cute kilala
Who are you talking about? confused

...Gee, and here I thought putting names was a dead giveaway as to who I'm talking about. There goes that "never assume" thing on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:52 pm
I agree, A Fistful of Charms was pretty uncalled for. I can almost see where the author was going with it, but it was still extremely disillusioning for me, especially the end, when Rachel decides she wants to keep doing the same thing. It's totally out of character.  

Kolibris

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:56 pm
Come on. How did you not expct that to happen. It was going to happen sooner or later. Has anyone read A Few Demons More. Did you expect that snafu to happen.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:16 pm
Expected or not, I didn't like it. And the fact that she wants it to continue especially bugs me. Not to mention the scene with... wow, can't remember his name. The vampire that Rachel's dating. When he and Ivy were arguing, and he was like, "If you won't take her, I will" and all that. It was just... blegh. And Trent wasn't in the book enough. The interactions between Rachel and Trent are pretty much my favorite thing in the series.  

NightIntent
Captain

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:37 pm
The Vamp you are refering to is named Kisten, and you're right Trent wasn't in there enough.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm
Kisten, right. I wonder if Trent's in the new one.... Too bad I'm not willing to pay like twenty two dollars or whatever just to find out.  

NightIntent
Captain

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:37 pm
Same here, but I still need to buy the last one.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:49 pm
I'm gonna see if I can wait for the paperback to come out. If not... I may try to find it in the library, but they don't really get that many new books. Plus, I haven't figured out where they shelve the hardcover fantasy books, if they have any.  

NightIntent
Captain

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:13 pm
Thats what I'm doing, waiting untill they come to paperback.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:32 pm
Hmm. I wonder what the timeline is for the paperback, though. I'll check and see if it's up, whenever I get the time.  

NightIntent
Captain

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:49 pm
Paperbacks tend to come out about a year after the hard cover comes out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 pm
A few I've seen come out about a year and a half to two years after the hardcover. Well, as far as I can tell, there's no date for the release of the paperback, on either Kim Harrison's or the publisher's site. So I'm gonna assume it's gonna be released at around this time next year.  

NightIntent
Captain

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:03 am
bummer  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items