Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
It seems like..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonecho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 pm
It seems like the only way that I can lose weight is to not eat at all.
I started at 120, and have been zigzagging from 116-121 for the past few months.
My goal is 115.

I'm stuck at 117-118.
The only days that I seem to be 117 or 116 are after I haven't eaten for a day or two. Exercise isn't really doing much, I do heavy manual labor for a living (I'm 16, can handle it), and the only thing I've noticed is an increase in armmuscle tone, smaller chest, and same stomach. I'm 5'5", and a junior, and I want to know what I can do to jump the 117-118 hurdle. ):

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:15 pm
Maybe you;re not physically built to be any lighter.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:06 pm
Maybe you aren't eating the right nutrient-dense foods when you eat. I know that I could eat very few calories but if it was crappy food it didn't make a difference. I can actually eat more calories now and seem to lose weight and I feel its because it is very nutritious foods.

Also you can throw your body into starvation mode which it keeps every extra lb when you don't eat for a couple days.

I'm sure that you already know this, and are frustrated, but this is all the good advice I have.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:29 pm
Yeah, you're right.
I need to just start eating better overall. x__x;

Moonecho

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:29 am
then exercice 5 hours a day xp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:32 am
Groovy Spleen
Maybe you;re not physically built to be any lighter.

Don't be so sure maybe she has a chance 2 u you know. rolleyes  

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:36 am
Moonecho
Yeah, you're right.
I need to just start eating better overall. x__x;

Never give up stand up 4 yourself. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:42 am
Aeren
Maybe you aren't eating the right nutrient-dense foods when you eat. I know that I could eat very few calories but if it was crappy food it didn't make a difference. I can actually eat more calories now and seem to lose weight and I feel its because it is very nutritious foods.

Also you can throw your body into starvation mode which it keeps every extra lb when you don't eat for a couple days.

I'm sure that you already know this, and are frustrated, but this is all the good advice I have.

Maybe maybe not  

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:04 pm
yes, maybe, maybe not. But i'm trying to give reason to something that seems completely unfair. Plateaus suck.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:35 pm
It is possible that the heavy manual labour is adding more muscle to your body, which in turn would make you weigh more as muscle weighs more than fat. So even if you're losing fat, the labour willl be adding the muscle and the the number on the scale won't go down.

You might have to resign yourself to the fact that you may not be 115 with the additional muscle.

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Moonecho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:54 pm
I put that into account. But I'm not gaining muscle.
I'm just using what I have. Seeing as how I've been doing this since I was 12.
No muscle gain, and my body isn't going through any (even slight) changes. ):

I mean, I'm still happy, because this time in august I was 132.
But 118 is still killing me. x____________________x;

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:25 pm
That's weird, as I would've assumed that the heavy lifting = muscle gain, but that's weird :S.

Maybe you've just hit the optimum weight or something for your frame and your body doesn't want to lose anymore?

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:32 pm
Be proud of what you have done!!! Just keep at it, and have faith in yourself. It must be very frustrating though to not get to a goal that is so close.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:21 pm
Frog Juice
That's weird, as I would've assumed that the heavy lifting = muscle gain, but that's weird :S.

Maybe you've just hit the optimum weight or something for your frame and your body doesn't want to lose anymore?
Heavy lifting only gains as much as you need, like, sayy, if you were doing curls with a 10lb weight, you aren't going to get Arnold Schwartenegger (spelled horridly xD) bicepts. It plateaus to suit your workload.
My muscles are toned, and have been at their plateau for about 2 years now. I'm not concerned at all with muscle right now, since I'm not gaining or losing it. It's plateaued to fit my workload. n.n

I'm guessing that it might be my optimum weight, but I'm still trying for 3-4 more pounds, then I'm done. xP

I really appreciate your input! <3

Thanks, too, Aeren!  

Moonecho

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games