View Results

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:08 pm
Speak of cosplay here! D< Rawr!

Ok.. I saved my 61 bucks and I can afford a cosplay outfit YAY!!!

Only there is 1 major problem... I cant decide what to get. I have settled my choices down on 2 anime characters. As much as I'd like to cosplay a guy... their outfits are more expensive D<. I think I'll stick to a girl for now then >>

My first choice is:
Sakura Haruno from Naruto.
Not her red dress outfit thingy either... its her NEW one...This one n.n
User Image

Second choice:
Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket.
Her Summer uniform n.n
User Image

I have no idea which one I should pick ;-;
I have very little time to chose.
Maybe you guys can gimmy a hand in picking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:03 am
fruit basket mrgreen  

gobstoppers_are_crunchy

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:10 am
Funny thing. I ended up choosing Fruits Basket.

XD I got the outfit through mail just yesterday.
x.x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:08 am
I always meant to reply to this thread. But without really knowing either character, I didn't want to steer you in the wrong direction. x.x
So O: do you like the outfit?

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Blaiz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:37 pm
hehe and i was going to ask you for more info...like if you were planning to purchase the whole thing already set up or make it yourself..those sort of questions.

but hey, good choice! i like tohru...sometimes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:02 pm
>3
Well I cant make it I have no sowing talent what so ever ;-; sadly. That talent went to my older sister who's just graduating from a Fashion College.
n.n;;;;;;;;;;;;

Yes! I like the outfit a lot but the shirt is kinda big D< I'm gunna have my sister fix it for me when she comes home. x.x but other than that I like it lol.

The reason I chose it was because my friends say I'm a lot like Tohru, I always complain about it but ..yeah. I always end up doing something that as my friends say is "Tohru" like. XD

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

The Mighty Midget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:21 am
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:18 pm
Then its a good thing your sis has that talent XD  

Blaiz

Menoetius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:14 am
if i could cosplay as any one then i would most asuredly have to choose Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. I dont have his face or hair but he still is one of my favorite anime characters. I am 6'2 so that may help with the cosplaying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:03 pm
XD Woot. Kuwabara is funny. The next anime con I'm able to go to... I'll be Tohru my friend Chi is going to be Mad Hatter from Angel Sanctuary, my other friend Ko is going to be Rukia from Bleach and Maru has yet to chose x.x;;;
>Cosplay is so fun... We're gunna carry random signs. Mine will most likely say Hugs 5 cents.

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

DismalFate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:21 pm
I personally hate Sakura. And if you want to go for something easy and cheap I'd go for Tohru.

Another thing to take into consideration is whether you want to buy or make your cosplay.

I'm making my Gaara cosplay. All I have left is the leather strap, adding the elastic into my sleeves, and the gourd (which will be a b***h).

Tohru has an easy cosplay to make.
I haven't really seen Sakura's new outfit. But overall I just very much dislike her as a character. mad

Tohru's cosplay would be realitively easy to purchase as well.
Sakura's red outfit cosplay would be easy to find. But I'm not sure about her new outfit.

Personally I think if you go for a female Naruto character. Go for Hinata or Temari.
They are the better girls in the series.
Or Tsunade xd But hte boobs would be difficult and yes...Tsunade has HUGE boobs so you can't really overlook them in the cosplay xd sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:39 pm
Well thats a good observation. Though.. I've already chosen Tohru. n.n;;;; I just need the knee high socks and the shoes.. and bows x.x; and I'm good!

OMG I <3 Gaara! My friend Kyon cosplayed him on Halloween the funny part was he used a sheet XD and he wore make up but it actually came out pretty good.

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

DismalFate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:53 pm
I absolutely adore Gaara-sama whee

I saw this guy last year cosplay Gaara. s**t job. He wore all black, a red sash, and his hair was long and BLOND!

He didn't even have the kanji!
I asked him who he was and he replied "Gaara."

Ugh! I hate it when people do that! mad

well so long as it came out good, all is well <3

I'm using white coderoy fabric for the sash. It's 4 yards long and touches the ground when I wrap it around myself. (me = short gonk )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:52 pm
School girl outfits can be fun! But really annoying at the same time. If you go as main stream chaacters you will find out there is like five of you there.

I'm thinking about going as Haraku from FLCL Lita from sailor moon (not in a sailor >.> you sad sad souls) and ofcourse my gaia avia (female avia...since I'm a girl >.>) that's if i get up enough curage to cosplay ^^;

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:04 pm
The past anime cons that Ive been to... I actually only saw one school girl outfit and... it was a Kagome x.x;;

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff