What makes Anime or Manga so enjoyable? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Somatrasiel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:49 pm
Why does it intrigue you?

Well, for me, it's because I'm a normal girl, living a normal, everyday life. For me, mangas and animes such as Naruto or Kingdom Hearts are a way to live out my fantasies on paper. They're ways that I can make my dreary life more exciting.

I've always wanted to adventure, and anime and manga give that to me. I love their character creations and the way historical refrences are used too, but that's another topic!

-Soma  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:28 pm
I've pondered this as well. For me, I think it's because it's alot different than american cartoons. American cartoons more often than not are made specifically to make people laugh. Usually anime is made to quench our thirsts for romance and action. Also, animes are usually drawn better than normal cartoons. There is more detail in the background and characters are well proportioned instead of having really large heads like some american cartoons like Family guy. Anime characters are also made to look perfect, mostly having no achney, muscular bodies, and women often have large, well, breasts. Anime also has swearing, gore, and perverted antics that you barely see in other cartoons. These are most of the reasons why I like anime so much.  

Saiyajin of the Twilight

Dapper Businessman

5,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Somatrasiel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:41 pm
True. I mean, I've never been a fan of "block" characters like superman. Interesting concept, great idea, good characterization. Not good enough for me.

We all get to see what we would have liked our lives to be on TV. Espacially some with weapons or special powers, or even creatures like pokemon.

I believe what makes it enjoyable too is the art style, as you so mentioned. More detailed, everyone is beautiful" but also, we want our character to be attractive.

As for romance, you are right. Unlike american cartoons, where everyone is either really stoic, or really annoying.

Superman-stoic
batman-stoic
greenlantern-stoic
Wonderwoman-stoic

Robin-annoying
Flash-annoying

It never ends! But in ANime we have such a wider range of personalities that you end up either hating them all...or loving and sympathizing with others.

-Soma

*that was long...*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:22 pm
um...
1.) It reminds me that my life isn't that bad
2.) The story in the "cartoons" are far advanced to USA's films.
3.) They are beautifully done
4.) Usualy have hidden meanings
5.) Teaches "life lesons"
6.) Anime is good for the soul!
I'm sure there is more, but I can't think now. I'm Final Fantisizing....  

O-TO-KO-YO

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Zumae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:15 pm
I like anime and manga mainly because it makes life more interesting and it helps my imagination run wild. I also see it as a balance of childhood fantasy and adulthood. It shows that you do have to grow up, but maybe not so much.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm
it lets me get out of life and know someone really cool. You can also let yourself go wild in your head.  

muzuka

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:23 pm
I think it's most likely just the fact that I'm able to laugh harder than I'm ever able to laugh through every day life... The vibrant personalities of the characters and everything else just makes it the most interesting thing (besides yaoi) in my life.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:08 am
for me i guess it's because it's the first type of comics that has superheros that are allowed to be silly. they are the farest thing from being perfect. i mean sometimes they fall, or they are really idiots. unlike superman that has to be perfect in all times, the superheros in mangas and anime are more like the everyday people  

nekachi

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:51 am
Bump...<3 Oh, and I get immersed in the story plotline more and more...<3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:09 am
first reason: BETTER THAN AMERICAN CARTOONS
in my opinion cartoon shows in US make people more stupid than they are rolleyes

animes have more depth, with characters you can relate to, with a storyline that keeps you hooked mrgreen
there are alot of things you'll see in animes that you probably WON'T see in an american cartoon. (they can try all they want) rolleyes  

R o c k e t Z X B l u e

unique.normality

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:23 pm
It takes you away from this world into a whole nother one
like one filled with ninjas, or demons, or theifs, or really cute guys XP

it also tells you anything can happen
it lets you know that you can find that one special person who devotes their whole life for you
and.... yeah ^.-  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 am
I love the art its almost addicting to look at the art you buy one book and then another and another for the art and the storyline well at least I do any ways. It gives my dark life light in some way. 3nodding  

RhodeKamelot_87

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:37 am
Oh, and I like the character's extreme personalities....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:25 pm
I love the art and the personalities. I find myself day dreaming everyday about Anime I watched.....  

Etewxok

amaterasu_geisha

900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:01 pm
the way anime/manga is interesting is because, of the animation, and the way the character personalities are expressed (especially itachi's lol) and differences in hair styles and the color its so original and the way every scene is drawn, especially the characters its magnificent and the fact that they base it off hystorical and mythological facts is awesome, u actually learn something which is what i love about them. Every anime/manga has their differences and similarities but thats what its made so cool. I swear i can't stop thinking about anime/manga, when im asleep or awake it makes no difference, its just AWESOME ^_^

--> i especially love it when they make the male characters so SMEXY!!! like Itachi biggrin mrgreen  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff