Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
JAPAN NEWS!!Biggest Christmas celebration in 50 years!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is a Christmas celebration a good thing for Japan?
Do you celebrate Christmas?
100%
 100%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 28

[guess who]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:15 am
whee Japan is holding the biggest christmas celebration they have had in 50 years. This is mostly because only 1/3 of the Japanese population celebrates christmas. The celebration should cosist of a parade and special christmas services throughout Christmas eve(dec.22) and christmas day(dec.23)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:56 am
i thought christmas day was the 25th and do they celebrate bc they believe in christ or just bc of teh gift giving thing just curious?  

Kuroi Kohhi

T-Neffy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 pm
I thought they practice Shinto or something like that. eek Oh well I want to go but unforunately because of I'm busy over the vacation I can't. crying Too much art project to perfect.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:29 pm
I don't know if it's a good thing for Japan or not; if it's overly too commercialized, then it's not. ^^;

Since Christmas is mainly about the birth of Jesus Christ -- and yes, I do know that Christmas has some pagan roots when it comes to things like Christmas trees and yuletide and etc., and that Jesus was actually born somewhere in the spring. But anyway, it's mainly celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in Christianity.

Japanese Christians would celebrate it for that reason.

I know in the Philippines, Christmas celebration lasts from mid-November up until New Years. XDD

Jelai

Ouiaboo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:57 pm
Most Japanese are either Shintoists or Buddhists, so celebrating Christmas in terms of celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ is, of course, out of the question. I asked a Japanese friend of mine and she said that the Japanese families who aren't Christian that do take part in the holiday use it as a kind of get-together and exchange presents.

Unfortunately, it tends to be more commercialized in Japan because, like I said before, not a whole lot of Christians, so not a whole lot of promotion for the religious aspect of the whole thing. Interesting that the holiday is having a parade and services though, because it's been pretty underground for the most part.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:16 am
lol underground japenese christian movement! thats obsurd (the underground part....)  

laughingmanwashereagain

Kuroi Kohhi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:21 am
lol i dont know holidays arent really big for me anymore but christmas still up there i dont know its all about selling things in japan christmas is more of a way to make money in my eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:56 pm
I dont celebrate chrismas and im japanese.Im buddhist.  

Kisho_The_Pilot

santannamoss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Kuroi Kohhi
i thought christmas day was the 25th and do they celebrate bc they believe in christ or just bc of teh gift giving thing just curious?

ya for me its the 25th  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:01 pm
Sure  

Laughing Platypus

Azirru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:02 pm
santanamoss
Kuroi Kohhi

ya for me its the 25th

in some countries... it is week long or month long celebration.

Here in Phil., Christmas is celebrated from dec 16 to january 4. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:47 am
kinda like chinese new year?  

Kuroi Kohhi

Laughing Platypus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:05 pm
Christmas already passed for them?  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers