Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Official NANA Guild
ATTENTION!! DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you give out your password in a PM?
  NO!
  Pollwhore. Here's your gold.
View Results

MakanaVermillion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:21 am
Sorry, this has nothing to do with Nana. But I can imagine keeping your account is much more important than screaming at me about the content of this thread. Please pay close heed!

This is a PM I sent to all of my friends. I fell for this scam and lost over 50K and plenty of expensive monthly items. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! If you have any questions about whether the person is legitimate or not, screen shot the message, do NOT give them your password and report it. THEN SIGN OFF. Sometimes playing stupid is the best way to get out of a scam.
Beware of [MOD]14admn!

He may be a hacker. He has stolen EVERYTHING OF VALUE from me and I DO NOT want this to happen to anyone else!! I'd personally take my chances of seeing if he will ban me. Because I didn't have that luxury, I'M PASSING THIS WARNING ON TO YOU!!!! Please take a look at the conversation that occured between he and I. Discern for yourself whether he is legitimate but don't say I never warned you. This is the conversation that has not been altered in any way:

[MOD]14admn
You have been suspected of hacking multiple accounts on Gaia

We have received a few reports of you hacking accounts on Gaia. In order to avoid an immediate ban, we require your password to check your trade history. If you take longer then five minutes to respond to this warning, your account will be permanently banned. Unless you are offline at the time. In that case, you will have a 24 hour time period to do so. If you chose to cooperate and we find you guilty, your ban will only be temporary. But if you choose to disobey, your account will lose all of its rights and your IP will be blocked from our site.

If you choose to cooperate you will recieve any item of your choice.

Sincerely,
The Gaia Administrators

This is a standard check-up and will only take 15 minutes of your time.

MakanaVermillion

How can I be sure this is not a hack? It says above every PM not to give out any password and admins and moderators will never request my password.

[MOD]14admn

I can assure you this isnt a hack, we had a few reports and we just need to do a standard account check up, now if you cooperate you will get an item of your choice biggrin

MakanaVermillion

I don't believe you. My friend told me she received the same message and that the "admins" took all of her items and her gold. I'm sorry if I'm being a pain but the box with red letters in it tells me that I should report anyone who requests my password to a mod.

[MOD]14admn

I understand that , but i dont want you to be banned miss
I hate banning people
It will only take 15minutes.

MakanaVermillion

I've already reported you. You stole everything from my friend and me.

[MOD]14admn

It does not matter if you report me , i am a moderator , and you account is in the process of being closed

This quoted PM has not been altered in any way. I already look dumb enough. Attempting to change the PM isn't going to help.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:04 am
That person is an idiot.

And yes, the report button is your friend.  

Asano Rain

VampMiyu

Sparkly Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:43 pm
got the guy hacking's a RETARD!! eek

"If you choose to cooperate you will recieve any item of your choice." as IF??!!! that would be a stupid thing to do, how can ANYONE believe gaia'd give an ITEM to a hacker!!??

plus, they'd never send a post written like that...Retards... talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 pm
Haha, that's cute domokun hackers, scammers, ect. amuse me to no end.  

Meruda

nakidasu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:23 pm
dang..... that sux. xp sorry.... thnx for the warning gurl! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:25 am
Wow... some people are really, really dumb. They are even dumber when they fall for it. I had a bunch of n00bish people on my list that came crying to me because they feel for something horribly stupid like this.
Despite all of the insane ammount of warnings all over the site.  

Nafariously Ploted

MakanaVermillion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:53 pm
Well, for whatever reason, the system refuses to let me post the entire conversation. sweatdrop How annoying.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:41 pm
Holy crap! Why can't the mod like get your password themself? If they are a mod, they should be able to >< I'll be careful, thank you!  

~Pancake_Las~

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

In fact, your instinct is your best friend [if you know Admins will NEVER ask you for your password]. Hackers can perfectly make you doubt and you'll end up believing their nasty words.

The best way to resist to that kind of hacker is to say "I know you're a hacker, even if you say the opposite. Ban me? HA HA HA. Go ahead. Just TRY. Come on. Are you freaking out because I'm resisting to your stupid blackmail? This kind of Pm doesn't work on me. La la la... I'm so reporting you and your pathetic hacker bum." :O

In other words, you must not hesitate to report those fake Admins. You won't get hurt, they will. 3nodding

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:09 pm
omg, last year i was jacked too..
but from a different person!
also beware of [mod] inspector!
bull s**t i lost 2 mochis, a gwee, 2 katana, and 4 anticent veils...!

freak i am still mad...
sorry that you also lost your stuff as well as i did... but then ppl like that are totally going to pay for their actions..i swear... twisted  

Nite of the Deep

tapioca d e l i g h t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:01 pm
WATCH OUT FOR "POYSE" ALSO.
The retard uses that message, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:46 pm
Moon Light Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

In fact, your instinct is your best friend [if you know Admins will NEVER ask you for your password]. Hackers can perfectly make you doubt and you'll end up believing their nasty words.

The best way to resist to that kind of hacker is to say "I know you're a hacker, even if you say the opposite. Ban me? HA HA HA. Go ahead. Just TRY. Come on. Are you freaking out because I'm resisting to your stupid blackmail? This kind of Pm doesn't work on me. La la la... I'm so reporting you and your pathetic hacker bum." :O

In other words, you must not hesitate to report those fake Admins. You won't get hurt, they will. 3nodding

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That would be me all the way. Laugh in their face and dare them to do what they are threatening.

Honestly, who would really fall for a pm like that. The mods have all they need for what they need to do.  

Blaiz

absinthemourning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:22 pm
jeez....I am glad I actually stopped to read this one. I hope that the REAL Gaia Moderators are going to be doing something about all these bastards.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm
HEY I GOT THAT E-MAIL TOO....

I told him that I didn't hack anyone and he replied that he didn't tell I did, but he needed my password to be sure

(for the reccord this pm appeared just three seconds before I started selling one of my katana swords)

so I thought that he was a scam but the thing here is that its avi doesnt appear just like the mode's one....
the other mysterious thing... once I sold a coco and a kiki and both were bought by a mode and all modes have a end name like LYNNN FINNN something like that and this was HACKING REPORTS... so... that was mysterious he said he would bann me for seconds on.... so I coppied him all the advertising above the e-mail that says never give a mode your password they wont ask you for some etc etce tc so I reported the mail and he stopped doing that s**t... I saved my mules, my items and my money and I sold my katana XD

GUYS BE CAREFUL PLEASE.....  

Kawaii Kyogi

dissusan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:28 am
wow, thanks for the info  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items