Reply Rude Discussion
Anyone else noticing this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:31 am
Is it just me, or does there seem to be alot of "elitism" in the ska scene? People giving people crap because of what music they like, the fact they dress "emo", they like to skank to "unorthodox" music (who decides these things, btw?), etc. Whatever happened to praising people for being themselves, and not being identical little clique robots? Verr dammit.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:33 am
isee your point... i just do it to give em crap so i guess im really no better.....  

Don Caballero

McHuggies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:58 am
I think it's just something that comes along with any genre of music.
There's always people who have different ideas and opinions as to how things should be, and how they should be done.
Elitists are the crappy baggage that popularity brings along.

I personally like any form of ska (2nd, 3rd, 4th wave, etc) and I couldn't care less if people think less of me as a rudey just because I dress like a 'scenester'.
Just as I don't care if a ska band decides to throw in some screamo. If it sounds good and I like it, I'm all down for it.

Just go do and listen to what you want.
There's no sense in doing it for someone else just because they say "you're wrong".  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:00 am
Hatelijk_en_bloeden
who decides these things, btw?

yeah really... confused  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Computation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:27 pm
I see....I don't do that unless they start it, but none the less I know what you mean. All I have to say is that each music genre has subliminal messages that tell you to think what other people are/should be because of the genre they listen to.....once again, Subliminal Messages have proved to be very powerful, In good and bad cases.....subliminal message: I love Muffins & Ska......  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:53 pm
Great point. o; <3

It could be that they want to fit in. :/
Seriously though, I hate cliques, and especially they all seem the same. Dx

[ decrescendo ]

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items