YESS!!!!!
  What?
  GOLD!
  other??
  COOKIE!!!!
View Results

qwertyodnwee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:06 pm
eee!!! ok i just got this Nana art book!! The bad part is that I can't open it until X-mas...grr! but it's totally worth the wait!! lol so yea this is knida random but oh well....sooo i got the nana live action DVD and the nana movie CD...they are awesome!!! lol ok so um...i guess thats it!
~Kelz~ mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:19 pm
WOW you're so lucky!!!! could u do some scans when u can finally open it?  

VampMiyu

Sparkly Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:52 pm
I have the artbook too. NANA 1st Illustrations or summat like that. Beautiful artbook and it's got a Blast promotional flyer (makes it seem like they're a real band!) and a large Blast sticker. The transparency overlays at the beginning of the book are simply gorgeous.

They need to release a 2nd NANA artbook! ^___^ Yazawa-sensei's gotten especially good at CGing her artwork now.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:33 pm
*sneaks into your house and steals all the smexi NANA stuff. And your socks*

ninja

Meruda

Mio-chan-daccha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:23 pm
In a way they kind of are a real band.

With ANNA tsuchiya and all.

Lol

Trapnest too becuase of OLIVIA. Haha.

But yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:37 pm
I just got Volume 14, The Nana Album from The First movie, and the First Movie

Now I'm Ordering a bunch of the CDs

Hope I'm not Nana'ed out by Christmas @ 3@;;

How old is the artbook?

Anti-Ling

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:45 pm
Anti-Ling
I just got Volume 14, The Nana Album from The First movie, and the First Movie

Now I'm Ordering a bunch of the CDs

Hope I'm not Nana'ed out by Christmas @ 3@;;

How old is the artbook?

From 2005, I believe. I like to open it up and stare at the pages every once in a while. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:12 am
Asano Rain
I have the artbook too. NANA 1st Illustrations or summat like that. Beautiful artbook and it's got a Blast promotional flyer (makes it seem like they're a real band!) and a large Blast sticker. The transparency overlays at the beginning of the book are simply gorgeous.

They need to release a 2nd NANA artbook! ^___^ Yazawa-sensei's gotten especially good at CGing her artwork now.

i can't say i'm crazy about her CG'd stuff though..her inked line art colored on the computer is great..but the style of CG she uses on covers..I'm not a huge fan of. At least she gives variety with her presentation/coloring methods.  

itachishand386

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:41 am
Chowder88
Asano Rain

i can't say i'm crazy about her CG'd stuff though..her inked line art colored on the computer is great..but the style of CG she uses on covers..I'm not a huge fan of. At least she gives variety with her presentation/coloring methods.

I'm not the biggest fan of the CG artwork on the covers, I will admit. They're nice and uniform and tell a continuing story, which I think is pretty cool, but her color pages in the Cookie manga chapter openings are so much more better. The one of a pink and yellow colored Hachi and the one of Nana <<singing at an unknown bar with that blonde wig on.>> Those were just seriously beautiful and need to be released in a compilation one of these days.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:03 pm
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SO LUCKYYY!!

I AM IN LOVE with Ai Yazawa's amazing artwork and have been wanting to buy her artbooks for a long time now. Maybe I should request it....but they tend to be soo expensive.

How much did you guys pay for your artbooks?

floRENzaa

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:00 am
I paid a little over $20 from mine. Got it at the Kinkuniya over in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:56 am
REALLY?! I'm gonna go there this upcoming weekend. YAY! Maybe I can buy one....do they sell other Nana merchandise there? Like any CDs or anything like that?

I really wanna get my best friend something Nana-related since I swear she's gonna get me something Nana related.

floRENzaa

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:23 am
floRENzaa
REALLY?! I'm gonna go there this upcoming weekend. YAY! Maybe I can buy one....do they sell other Nana merchandise there? Like any CDs or anything like that?

I really wanna get my best friend something Nana-related since I swear she's gonna get me something Nana related.

Yep, they sell the region 2 (i.e., original Japanese) DVDs and the anime/movie OSTs as well. wink They don't sell much merchandise beyond that tho, that I remember. Oh, of course they sell the manga too.

If you wanted merch like cell phone accessories, T-shirts, and the like. You'd have to look online. It'll be al ittle tough if you don't understand Japanese tho. You could check out Akadot Retail as they sell some NANA stuff once in a while.

Which reminds me that I'm still waiting for my the merch I ordered from Mekke. xD Can't wait for my Black Stones tote bag, pins, Ren + Nana necklace set, and cell phone strap yay~ xD~~~  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:29 pm
Hmm...thanks for the info. I'll probably get my sister to buy me the artbook and the missing volumes I need. Mwaahhaa....

Yeah, online is my best shot for Nana goods. *sigh* I need to save up.

Oh Asano, do they sell JRock/JPop CDs in Little Tokyo?

floRENzaa

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:06 pm
floRENzaa
Oh Asano, do they sell JRock/JPop CDs in Little Tokyo?

Plenty (both imported from Japan and licensed in the States). Make sure you go to Kinokuniya on Onizuka St. There are some other anime shops littered around here and there but they sell bootlegs and stuff. >___>  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff