The Nativity Story Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seen the trailer for it?
  Yes and it looked awesome!!
  Yeah, but it didn't look THAT great.
  No, but I've heard of it; I do wanna see it.
  No I haven't ... what's this movie about??
  No, and I don't really care that much ...
View Results

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:09 pm
Anyone seen the trailer for it?? It's coming out December 1 and it looks so awesome. I can't wait to see it. heart xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:43 pm
Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord. He heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.

I want to go see it too

Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

moonbeam5003

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:04 pm
You know how people will make books based on movies?? Well, someone apparently did that with this movie. I'm not quite sure how a person could do that, since it's already in the Bible. I guess this one is more ... novel-y and detailed than the Gospels.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:11 am
I would actually go see it, but I think my brother would kill me (figuratively.) So, I doubt I'll end up seeing it.  

A Different Light

eriks_greaser_girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:23 pm
I've seen it, but I don't really want to see it.
My Dad does, though <.< So, I'm going to have to go see it, then.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Nativity story... just I don't want to see the movie that much.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:05 pm
I saw that, and it looked kinda cool. I think all the mainstream Christian based movies coming out are kinda neat. Unforntuently, I'm usually way too busy and way too poor to see movies, so I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing it. I never did see Passion of the Christ sweatdrop

But in any case, it looks cool.  

freelance lover
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:22 pm
Dr. Kool
I would actually go see it, but I think my brother would kill me (figuratively.) So, I doubt I'll end up seeing it.

So why don't you go see it and just not tell him?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:39 pm
I'll be seeing it! ^_^ It looks really cool. It'll be interesting to see how they make a full-length movie out it.
The nativity story has always been one of my favorite Bible stories. I can't wait! ^_^  

Shien no Ryuu

koreanusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:51 pm
it looks great. i want to see it like crazy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:00 pm
I'm a sap for well-told stories. Like in Bible study, the old leader used to take the passage we were studying (usually about Jesus) and write it from the POV of someone in the crowd. You know, hot day, sweat down your back, sand between your toes... It was nice. It made it more... REAL. I'm thinking this movie will have a little of that gritty feel to it. I'm probably not going to SEE it due to... well, everything that's been going on (also the reason for my recent hiatus) but I hope it's as good as it looks.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:12 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
You know how people will make books based on movies?? Well, someone apparently did that with this movie. I'm not quite sure how a person could do that, since it's already in the Bible. I guess this one is more ... novel-y and detailed than the Gospels.

That doesn't surprise me. I once read a kind of romance novel, some years ago, that was based on the story of mary and Joseph. It was very respectful, but of course it was just a story.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:21 pm
Dr. Kool

Why on earth should he care? Is he not a Christian? He is your brother, not your parents, and it isn't his decision to make for you.  

Wind-Whisper

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:42 am
I've never even heard of it...

But after The Passion, I don't think I want to see another Christian-based film. That movie was gruesome. Even though I personally thought Jesus was a jerk, not even he deserved that. Who actually watched the whole movie through?

Jesus Christ: Superstar is cool, though. I'll still watch that if only for the music.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:44 pm
I watched The Passion of the Christ the whole way through. Never mind the fact that I cried so I hard I nearly threw up on the theatre floor and was then depressed for about a month. Yes, that movie was a little too accurate in its portrayal of the Passion, but I think it's somewhat necessary. Not for everyone, of course, and not necessary in the sense that "omgyoumustgoseethismovieoryoulldie!!!11one" but just ... I think it helps to see how terrible the event really was. Personally, it made me rethink my attitude and how I showed my faith. I was like, "He went through all that and look at how I'm acting??" and so I changed myself and how I thought about the Passion.

Thankfully, The Nativity Story was nothing like that. It was a very good movie, actually, though not as great as I was expecting. I think it's more a rental than a theatre movie. 3nodding

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:23 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I watched The Passion of the Christ the whole way through. Never mind the fact that I cried so I hard I nearly threw up on the theatre floor and was then depressed for about a month. Yes, that movie was a little too accurate in its portrayal of the Passion, but I think it's somewhat necessary. Not for everyone, of course, and not necessary in the sense that "omgyoumustgoseethismovieoryoulldie!!!11one" but just ... I think it helps to see how terrible the event really was. Personally, it made me rethink my attitude and how I showed my faith. I was like, "He went through all that and look at how I'm acting??" and so I changed myself and how I thought about the Passion.

Thankfully, The Nativity Story was nothing like that. It was a very good movie, actually, though not as great as I was expecting. I think it's more a rental than a theatre movie. 3nodding

What's even more sickening is the thought that Jesus wasn't the only one who went through all that...Some people had it even worse.  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff