Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 34

DJ Database

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:58 pm
Okay, well see I was thinking about my religion and stuff and I got to thinking, "Do I really believe in 'God'?" and Then I started wondering more and more. I believe in a high power but im not sure if i believe in a god. I know this sound really messed up but still! I think I might be Athiest but then again im not sure. Please help! I need to know, how do you know? Im just so unsure! Please help!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:03 pm
The thing about religion is you really do need to decide for yourself what you feel is right for you.

If you don't believe in god, that doesn't automatically make you an athiest. The belief that there is no god, no after life and it all ends when you die is being an athiest. Right now I would say you're more of an agnostic you just don't know if you believe in god or not. You think he might be there, but you're uncertain.

I would suggest exploring and researching the basics of a few different religions to see if there is anything out that that "clicks" with you as the answer.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

DJ Database

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 pm
lurichan
The thing about religion is you really do need to decide for yourself what you feel is right for you.

If you don't believe in god, that doesn't automatically make you an athiest. The belief that there is no god, no after life and it all ends when you die is being an athiest. Right now I would say you're more of an agnostic you just don't know if you believe in god or not. You think he might be there, but you're uncertain.

I would suggest exploring and researching the basics of a few different religions to see if there is anything out that that "clicks" with you as the answer.

Thanks! i just wasnt sure. well Ive looked into like all the religions I know and nothing much has clicked into my mind accept for Judaism but you see Its the thing of me not knowing if I believe in god! But anyways, anyways thank-you for your help. I guess for right now I am an...Agnostic  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:19 pm
Whether or not God exists is a difficult question that many people grapple with on a daily basis. I have my own personal view-points, but I think I'll keep those to myself for the moment.

The problem is that some people have a hard time believing in something they can't see or hear for themselves. Also god is portrayed differently in different portions of the bible. Sometimes he is forgiving and sometimes vengeful. He can be a kind god, or an angry god depending.

Then there is also questioning the motives of god if he does exist. A lot of people attempt to understand why things have gone in a certain direction, and usually can't come up with an answer that doesn't involve some level of self-pity or personal ego. (I'm not saying it's wrong, but a lot of times when people are asking "why" it's in direct relation to something that affects the person questioning at the time).

What boggles my mind is how many people claim to know god's will, and attempt to carry it out in contradictory manners. The crusades was pretty much just one interpritation of god vs. another. Muslims vs. chirstians.
Personally I see it this way, Jewdaism, Muslim, and Chistian religions all have the same central figure of god, just different versions of the same general story, so why do they fight and try to kill one another so often?  

lurichan
Vice Captain

DJ Database

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:24 pm
lurichan
Whether or not God exists is a difficult question that many people grapple with on a daily basis. I have my own personal view-points, but I think I'll keep those to myself for the moment.

The problem is that some people have a hard time believing in something they can't see or hear for themselves. Also god is portrayed differently in different portions of the bible. Sometimes he is forgiving and sometimes vengeful. He can be a kind god, or an angry god depending.

Then there is also questioning the motives of god if he does exist. A lot of people attempt to understand why things have gone in a certain direction, and usually can't come up with an answer that doesn't involve some level of self-pity or personal ego. (I'm not saying it's wrong, but a lot of times when people are asking "why" it's in direct relation to something that affects the person questioning at the time).

What boggles my mind is how many people claim to know god's will, and attempt to carry it out in contradictory manners. The crusades was pretty much just one interpritation of god vs. another. Muslims vs. chirstians.
Personally I see it this way, Jewdaism, Muslim, and Chistian religions all have the same central figure of god, just different versions of the same general story, so why do they fight and try to kill one another so often?

I dont really understand what you mean. Are you saying ill have to find out for myself? or that I will realize something thats all my own...?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:28 pm
Sakusu

I dont really understand what you mean. Are you saying ill have to find out for myself? or that I will realize something thats all my own...?

I would say a less winded and tagent riddled answer would be you have to be the one to decide for yourself what you do and do not believe. If you let other people tell you what to believe then it won't be as true for you as it would be if you came to a conclusion of your own based on your own personal feelings and experiences.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:29 pm
I think the question is, why do you need an organized religion to define your beliefs? I think you should be able to believe whatever you want and if that doesn't fit into any existing religion, who cares? Don't feel the need to label or conform your belief system.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:31 pm
Truthfully, I believe that there is a God in heaven, Jesus died for man's sin and if you dont do what the bible says and accept in prayer as your saviour your going to Hell (I dont care if you say "you'll make your own way" or think that your a "pretty good person", it still wont get you into heaven, it's just not how it's done.). That's just me, I'm not here to start a big religious debate, but as a christian I will tell you that what I would do is pray. If you dont hear His still small voice comunicating back, your probably not saved or your not listening. B ut like i said, no flaming please, I'm not here to start a debate, it's just my religious opinion and what the bible says. 3nodding  

xXalkalineXx

Friendly Phantom

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:36 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

everyone at one point or another spawns question, its the same as what I do.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:24 am
The best thing you can do is what you're doing now.

Asking others about their beliefs and deciding what speaks to you the most.

I have chosen the path of Christianity because I believe it offers the best thing for me.

My favourite non-Biblical rationalisation that points toward Christianity is Pascal's wager.

It's merely this:

1. If you believe in God, and God doesn't exist - your loss is finite.
2. If you don't believe in God, and God doesn't exist - your gain is finite.
3. If you believe in God, and God exists - you have infinite gain; eternal life.
4. If you don't believe in God, and God exists - you lose everything; infinite loss.

Basically if you believe in God, and he doesn't exist, you've lost nothing in living a loving life - which is the basis of Christianity. If you don't believe in him and he doesn't exist, then you pretty much gain nothing. If you believe in God and he exists, you are granted eternal life. And if you don't believe in him and he exists, you're screwed. The pros for believing in God outweigh the cons. According to Blaise Pascal.

Just a little something to think about.

I wish you luck on your soul searhing journey. I'll pray for you if you wish.

MortSanglant

[xluvbugx]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:28 am
i'm going through the same thing....but when i make my confermation(cause i have to.....parents) i'm changing my religion to wiccan  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:12 am
you just need to find what you believe, cuase no one else can do it for you  

Exodus2

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:25 pm
Sakusu
Okay, well see I was thinking about my religion and stuff and I got to thinking, "Do I really believe in 'God'?" and Then I started wondering more and more. I believe in a high power but im not sure if i believe in a god. I know this sound really messed up but still! I think I might be Athiest but then again im not sure. Please help! I need to know, how do you know? Im just so unsure! Please help!

If it can't be classified, don't try. As long as you are spritually happy. My friend formed his own theory and it keeps him happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:46 pm
I like to think all religions simply present us with different aspects of the same thing. That thing is given many names and identities out of which stem creation and destruction, and from which stems the world. They're all talking about one being, whether it's reality or God. Look and find what connects with you, rather than letting anyone man-handle you in to choosing. (It's your choice! Don't let anyone tell you which path is right!)  

Clash of Vision

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:25 pm
i think it's nesisary for everyone to havfe a crisis of religion at some point in thier lives. Trust me, it's normal and it's healthy.

Look deep inside yourself and think long and hard about what you beleive, and take your time. you don't need to make a choice right away, take months or years, or as long as you need to. remember, god (if there is one) wouldn't want your beleif in him to be hallow because your unsure.

you may be confused right now, but it wont last, and you'll come out of it knowing yourself a hell of a lot better, and feeling a hell of a lot more secure in your own beliefs.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff