The Meaning Of Life For Us And Them Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-M.u.n.a-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:46 am
Okay Here Is The Meaning Of Life For Some Different Religions:
(I Have Asked These People So I KNow Its True, Okay? Okay)

Muslim: To Be Tested By God.
Christian: To Worship God.
Hindu: To Earn Your Passge To The Next Level.
Buddist: To Help Others And Be Accepted By God.
Jew: To Worship God, In All His Forms.

Dissucs the meaning of life to an Athest.
Your views on each 'meaning'.
COOKIES!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:37 am
I'm not sure that if it's just my own personal experience, but when I was Catholic, I don't ever remember really caring that much about my religion. Church was just a chore and God was just something I had to believe in. I felt like I was destined to go to Hell either way, especially since Catholicism involves such an unpleasant and depressing mass. It was always either believe in God, or you're screwed. Like that was literally your purpose in life. It wasn't a very good feeling.

Ever since I've been atheist, I've felt like all this pressure was taken off. I don't think atheists have a pre-determined 'meaning of life'. I wouldn't be able to tell anyone what their own purpose in life is either.

I, myself, am working on bettering myself as a person and helping others without worrying about what "God" is going to do to me when I die. rolleyes

Gunpowder Valentine

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:23 pm
Ehh, well, there really is no meaning, for me. My explanation is long, so I can't even begin to type it. xd stressed sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:26 pm
i just have a good time and try to achieve my goals...my life doesn't have much of a meaning other than loving my friends and family to bits (lol, christians! >.<)  

[x] Natasha [x]

Bluuberry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:31 pm
To me life is meaningless, yours and mine. Hurrah for Existentialist atheists cuz we efing rule!!! No sirously, everything is kinda pointless and that's what I'm most comfortable with. So far......  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:20 pm
Bluuberry
To me life is meaningless, yours and mine. Hurrah for Existentialist atheists cuz we efing rule!!! No sirously, everything is kinda pointless and that's what I'm most comfortable with. So far......
Actually, that is part of my explanation. The funny thing about life is that nobody makes it out alive, which makes it pointless.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:04 am
FlamingChihuahua
Bluuberry
Actually, that is part of my explanation. The funny thing about life is that nobody makes it out alive, which makes it pointless.

>.< lol!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:13 am
Maybe this isn't the "meaning" of life as it is the "purpose" of life, but I am of the opinion that life is about doing what makes you happy. Of course, I mean this within reason: i.e. no rape, murder, torture, etc. But I think that everyone should try their best to make themselves and those they care about happy. All we got is this one chance at life, might as well live it happily. Right?  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Veinlash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:53 pm
-M.u.n.a-
Okay Here Is The Meaning Of Life For Some Different Religions:
(I Have Asked These People So I KNow Its True, Okay? Okay)

Muslim: To Be Tested By God.
Christian: To Worship God.
Hindu: To Earn Your Passge To The Next Level.
Buddist: To Help Others And Be Accepted By God.
Jew: To Worship God, In All His Forms.

Dissucs the meaning of life to an Athest.
Your views on each 'meaning'.
COOKIES!!!

Mine would have to be live life as you want it
have a blast till ur last second
then...
UR ******** XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:08 pm
I guess the way I look at life is more of a primitive way to look at it:
Eat
Breed
Raise Offspring
Die knowing your gene is still around

Only true way to achieve some form of inmortality  

Cannibal Joe

XaltxrockX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 am
Well I guess from my point of view, Athiests just want to live. Then once their time comes, their time comes.

Like a couple of you said, "Life is pointless." We're all going to die anyway so why worry about it?

Although I'm afraid of dying itself only because I don't want my last moments in life to be painful.(DYING IN MY SLEEP! biggrin ) Does that make me a hypocrite? confused  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:59 pm
Survival.
Just like all species on the planet we need to survive, that is why we are here. Not to worship some all powerful lord in all his egotism.
Perhaps we all have different goals, or reasons for being here, but in the end it is survival.  

[Hollow Point]

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:57 am
Not all of Buddhidsm is theistic, so your description is incorrect. (However, it could be added to Christianity, as evangelical Christians find it their mission to spread the word of the bible.)

I don't think there is a universal purpose or meaning for all atheists, and that's part of what I like. We're a very diverse group. You can't just sum up our beliefs. (Which is part of what makes us so scary to some people.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:58 pm
Have fun, try not to light anything on fire, or anyone.  

Anti_Halifax

ellell89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:50 am
Life doesn't have a meaning to me.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items