The asian eye....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cho-rohk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:30 am
OK, this is not about the shape of asian eyes and whatnot:
I remember at the first day of school, I was hanging out with a couple of asian buddies and we kept talking about how every other asian was staring at each other (and us). Its like we have some sort of 'detector' or something, well, thats how i feel...

I've noticed that when I'm in a big crowd of people, I just stare at the asian individuals first. Course at asian markets, I don't really care because there are too many.

So...what'cha think?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:24 pm
Oh! Actually, this thread makes me feel relieved because I find other Asians staring at me all the time too and I do the same thing back, and I was wondering if it was just me being strange. I'm glad to hear it's not completely unusual, but of course, like you said, where there are a lot of Asians there is no need. I think it also depends on the area you live in; if there aren't a lot of Asians where you are, it's only natural to notice other Asians if they happen to be there. It kind of makes one feel more comfortable knowing you're not the only person of a certain ethnicity there, I think, and that's probably one of the reasons some people do this.  

Ouiaboo

Lost_child01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:01 am
lol. yeh i find that's the case at uni and all that lol. specially in the international block. i only go there coz wellz the comps there are better than NEwhere, but it feels uncomfotable when u walk in all the axns look at u and everything. i kinda do that, but i just look at the person and then i dun care at all. i'm kinda used to being like the only azn lol. but ah wellz that's life. ppl do wat they feel comfortable doin and if it means looking round for other azns so be it. but yeh it's kinda rude tho i reckon. staring at ppl. not a good thing here where i live. ppl just talk about u to their friends and all that 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 pm
yeah.... i feel the same way too xD; but sometimes.. i usually stare at other asians first xd ; cuz i like their clothes? lol. i dunno why.  

Paper_Penguin

x-Hitokiri-x

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:30 am
yea.. ive noticed that before too, especially where there is alot of asians... its like we all try to stare each other down
wierd..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:50 am
yup, same happens with me... sorry to go off the subject, but... yer in the G Corp? How's it like? whee  

Kachimo

OG Gaian

14,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xiao_Jun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:56 am
rofl this always happen , usually when im at malls and there r other asians hanging out , and when we r face to face we just keep staring each other sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:32 pm
Yeah..that's true. Lol, but where there are many Asians...I don't look around. It's really only at school where I notice most of the Asian ppl. And try to befriend them sometimes.

Laughing Platypus

RAWRpham

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:36 pm
this is a repeated thread......  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:52 am
Yeah! That's so true! I always find myself looking at the asian individuals in a crowd and THEN I notice the other people. Hey, this is kind of relative, but, I've found that asians can tell the difference between each other.

Like, me and my friend (who's korean, by the way) were going through each other's phones, and she showed me this guy, and another, and another. And I was like, 'They're the same guy!' and she started squealing coz I had actually noticed. Then we did the same thing to a bunch of non-asians, and they were all like, 'Who are they? Are they famous or something? The first one's ugly.' when they were all the same guy.

jellii-dumpling

Fire_Tanizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:14 am
at school and at the mall i always notice the asians first
lol maybe because we think they are more important to notice first?
i dunno its easyer for me to talk ot asian people even if i dotn know them at all
a lot of times when i notice an asian person i usally go ,"hey...he/she looks like blahblahblha....wonder if they are related"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:23 am
sry but ur avi has a green glow to it and i thought it looked cool lol  

Kuroi Kohhi

Two PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:42 am
... i don't get it... confused

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items