Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
It's Clean-Up time! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:43 am
Ladies and Gentlemen, once again, I'm off to tackle the Links list and the PM list.

This is a monster task, if you are unaware. It involves looking at every link to see if they are still good, not just looking for 404's, but also quality. The PM list involves looking at when the person last signed on. I have put my cut off point at 3 months this time around.

I am also considering looking at making a better list of recommended books, and the books to avoid. It might involve me playing around with the threads themselves.

During this time, I am also revising the guidelines, AND doing homework.

What I need from people is a list of new links to add on, or any additional content that you would like to see. I will consider it.

PLEASE put this information in this topic. PM's have a habit of me forgetting to go back to them.

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 pm
PM List Updated!

I removed people based on two criteria: If they hadn't logged in since August and if they are still a member of the guild. If you feel you belong on the list in a category there, or a new one, please let me know!

I don't wanna be the only Hellenic/Roman person there. sad  

maenad nuri
Captain

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:51 pm
And the Link List has been decimated.

If you'd like to repopulate it, please do so.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Nuri, I'm Hellenic!  

EternalHearts

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Me too! We're here to support you! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:55 pm
I knew you two were, but I didn't know if y'all were open to PMed Questions.  

maenad nuri
Captain

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:18 pm
I'm open to questions about Egyptian mythology in general. Not so much on the Kemetic Orthodoxy (The temple here in the US, that is), since I have some issues with their practices, and the fact that I practice a solitary Kemetic Recon path of my own.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:32 pm
Nuri

I'm open to questions, though I'm nothing close to an expert. I've got good mythology resources, a little common sense and a few years under my belt, but that's about it. sweatdrop  

midara the happy banshee

EternalHearts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:26 pm
Nuri

Oh yeah, always willing to help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:04 am
A link for the link list: http://paganachd.com/index.html It should go under Celtic or Celtic Reconstruction.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:12 am
Feel free to add me to the PM list. Stick me where you please.

I'll go through my good collection later and provide suggested books- but what would it take to get that racist prat moved to the Grey list?

For one- 90% of his "G~ Religion/Magic" books are generic neo-paganism with some Rroma words tossed in for flavor.

His history in many of his books are flat our wrong. Hate to break it to the Buckland fans, but he wasn't the one who "introduced" witchcraft to the Americas.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:45 am
TeaDidikai
His history in many of his books are flat our wrong. Hate to break it to the Buckland fans, but he wasn't the one who "introduced" witchcraft to the Americas.

*lol* Uncle Bucky is just a wee bit full of himself, ain't he? I especially "love" the way he cites sources by pointing to another one of his books where he's said the same thing again.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:04 pm
You could put me down for music if that's in any way relevant or useful.

And where do the Cunningham books sit on the book list?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:25 am
missmagpie

Cunningham is great for Neopagan Magic 101.

And due to the turn in the debate- he may or may not be a valid source for "Wicca". ~shrugs~

Kudzu>> Heh. Buckland should meet a sticky end in a dark ally with some pissed off Sinti.  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:36 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

Cunningham is great for Neopagan Magic 101.

And due to the turn in the debate- he may or may not be a valid source for "Wicca". ~shrugs~

Kudzu>> Heh. Buckland should meet a sticky end in a dark ally with some pissed off Sinti.

Cunningham's books bother me, not because of his theology or anything, but because his writing style strikes me as rather condescending. I will admit that during my short fluffy phase, I bought his "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner." I've flipped through his other books, and found them equally sucky.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff