Dawn Cook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:08 pm
I just read a few of her books, and I rather like them. They're a smidge childish, but overall not bad. Princess at Sea (sequel to Decoy Princess, which was good, even though I've seen that type of story in a couple other books), while I saw the ending coming in the actual book, I wasn't able to guess at anything about it from the first. Well, except for one thing, because it was entirely obvious from the beginning. First Truth was really good, too. I'm currently reading the sequel to that one, Hidden Truth, and depending on whether I like that, I may get the other books in the series. I think there're four, though I may be wrong.

So, anyone else read books by her?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:17 am
Okay, I just looked at Dawn Cook's website. She's not writing any more Tess books. I'm sad. I wanted to see what else was going to happen.  

NightIntent
Captain

Kolibris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 pm
I read part of her First Truth series, but I haven't yet had the time or funds to get the rest. I need to take a trip to the local library, but I'm short on time lately.

Is Decoy Princess good? I was thinking of getting that one after I finished the First Ttruth series.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 am
So, I just re-read the Decoy Princess series. Still like it a lot. There were quite a few grammar errors that I didn't notice the first time through (Dawn Cook can't seem to figure out where to use than or then), but not overly annoying.

I have to say, I'm kinda annoyed that she left the second book where she did. While the story arc was wrapped up well, she left a slew of loose ends. What happens betwen Tess and Jeck? Does Tess ever get rid of the poison left in her? Does she ever learn to heal? And a bunch of other things that would give a lot of spoilers. <.< As far as I can tell, she has no plans of continuing the series right now, either. =/ Her website is fairly bare, though, so I can't tell anymore what she's planning.  

NightIntent
Captain

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces