Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
For anyone who wants to know mystery traditions' secrets.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this helpful?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:03 am
First consider why you want to know them.

- If it is a tradition that you feel an affinity with, then you should take steps toward joining them if possible. (If they won't let you join, then they weren't worth your time, anyway.)

- If you only have an idle curiosity, then you should be concentrating on things that are of more use to you.

- If it is knowledge that would be useful to you but you feel no affinity toward the tradition, look elsewhere for the same knowledge. Anything of any value has parallels in many traditions. The elemental weapon of ether exists in Buddhism and Christianity just as much as it does in Wicca.

Go looking in your own back yard before you trespass in others'. Study from the source, and if you come to the same conclusions that they did, you will know their secrets. If you come to a different conclusion, you will know something they don't. But above all, you will have something that's actually applicable to your life.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 am
I completely agree, except for this:

Tsuzuki
(If they won't let you join, then they weren't worth your time, anyway.)

At times the knoweldge earned with passing study and rejection is indeed worth the time given to recieve it.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:14 am
Tsuzuki

This is the only part that I would like to expound upon.

If a group doesn't want you, it is a waste of time to mourne over this event, and it is even less productive to become bitter, upset, and dejected over the matter. Also, the group may be different than one imagines them to be, thus creating a false affinity.

The group may still be valid, but they really aren't worth your time.

They may be worth their own, and someone elses time tho...
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:31 pm
Fiddlers Green
Tsuzuki

This is the only part that I would like to expound upon.

If a group doesn't want you, it is a waste of time to mourne over this event, and it is even less productive to become bitter, upset, and dejected over the matter. Also, the group may be different than one imagines them to be, thus creating a false affinity.

The group may still be valid, but they really aren't worth your time.

They may be worth their own, and someone elses time tho...
ninja
This is essentially what I meant, but the validity of other people's paths shouldn't be much of a concern, one way or the other, if you're busy working on your on stuff.

Tea: It's better to dwell on successes than failures. Life has enough rejection naturally that we don't need to go looking for more just to learn the same lesson over again.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:01 pm
Tsuzuki

Tea: It's better to dwell on successes than failures. Life has enough rejection naturally that we don't need to go looking for more just to learn the same lesson over again.
You assume it is the same lesson each time.

I am not inclinded to make that assumption.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

What are some of the positive aspects of dwelling on rejection? All I can think of is that it contributes to learned helplessness. It's better to move on.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:11 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

What are some of the positive aspects of dwelling on rejection? All I can think of is that it contributes to learned helplessness. It's better to move on.

Two things come to mind. Allowing oneself to dwell can also impart a sense of having processed all the emotions present in the situation.

On an intellectual level you can attempt to understand what caused the rejection, which can teach you a great deal.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

Two things come to mind. Allowing oneself to dwell can also impart a sense of having processed all the emotions present in the situation.

On an intellectual level you can attempt to understand what caused the rejection, which can teach you a great deal.
Fair enough. xd  

Tsuzuki

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces