Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Translation help! >.<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:22 pm
I need help on translating "Periodic Table of Elements" in Japanese for my Chemistry project. My teacher wants us to construct the periodic table of elements in a creative way, and I used paper cranes for my project.

Now I want to know how to write 'period table of elements' in Japanese for my title.

I used Babel Fish translation site thingy, but I'm not sure if it's correct since babel fish can be so messy at its translation. Is this correct?

>>>

要素の周期的なテーブル

?___?

Hmm, and I want to know if there's an easier way of writing it, since I don't know all the kanji stroke orders yet. Or maybe someone could teach me the stroke orders. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:22 pm
要素の周期的 that part seems sort of related to chemistry in chienese cant really help with the japanese part...but the chinese part might tranlate to something different well the basic order is always right to left, up to down in chinese...need mroe help? sorry couldnt really help much cuz im Taiwanese  

Fire_Tanizard

Jelai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 pm
Fire_Tanizard
要素の周期的 that part seems sort of related to chemistry in chienese cant really help with the japanese part...but the chinese part might tranlate to something different well the basic order is always right to left, up to down in chinese...need mroe help? sorry couldnt really help much cuz im Taiwanese

No, that's ok! ^.^
Hmm, well I typed in 'periodic table of elements' in Wikipedia, and I clicked on the Japanese article. This is it says:

周期表

Should I write it just like that on my poster board?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 pm
Jelai
Fire_Tanizard

No, that's ok! ^.^
Hmm, well I typed in 'periodic table of elements' in Wikipedia, and I clicked on the Japanese article. This is it says:

周期表

Should I write it just like that on my poster board?

go for it, if you're teacher isnt asien then she isnt going to know.  

Angmar01

Fire_Tanizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:29 pm
same with angmar
if the teacher doesnt know ^.^
anyways 周期表 ~im not sure thats how you write it for japanese
for chinese its correct though
for the 1st character make sure you do the outer um...box without the bottem line first then do the inside strokes
the second character start with the left half and then end with the right half
the last character start from the top and end at the bottem  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:33 pm
xDD
My teacher's a 'he'. XDD
And nope, he's not Asian, so he wouldn't know. xDD
...but the Asians in my class might. @__@;; At least the ones that know kanji characters. XD ^^;

Thanks for the help everyone~! heart

Jelai

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces