Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Elemental Weapon of Ether? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darin Rosewood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:21 pm
I've seen this pop up a lot when people are claiming they're Wiccan. People nearly always ask that question. I have three questions:
1) Is that a serious question, or just a joke?
2) If it's not, what is the elemental weapon of ether?
3) If this is based on the elemental correspondence chart (i.e. Earth=Shield, Air=Sword, Fire=Spear), what's the elemental weapon of Water? ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:37 pm
Darin Rosewood
I've seen this pop up a lot when people are claiming they're Wiccan. People nearly always ask that question. I have three questions:
3) If this is based on the elemental correspondence chart (i.e. Earth=Shield, Air=Sword, Fire=Spear), what's the elemental weapon of Water? ^_^

It is something that Wiccans learn when they are initiated. Beyond that, I cant tell you. It is an easy way to test if someone is an actual Wicca. That is, if they have already passed the who created Wicca. And what is Wicca, tests. But not many self professed Wiccans that I have come across on the internet can pass those latter two, so the elemental weapon of ether is not even used.  

jaden kendam

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:49 pm
deadmanjake
Darin Rosewood
It is something that Wiccans learn when they are initiated. Beyond that, I cant tell you. It is an easy way to test if someone is an actual Wicca. That is, if they have already passed the who created Wicca. And what is Wicca, tests. But not many self professed Wiccans that I have come across on the internet can pass those latter two, so the elemental weapon of ether is not even used.
actually, one doesn't need to be initiated to, hmm, "find" the answer. that's what makes it all the more worthwhile, as a non-wiccan can find it, so then why is a Wiccan having so much trouble coming up with the answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:53 pm
phoenix shadowwolf
deadmanjake
Darin Rosewood
actually, one doesn't need to be initiated to, hmm, "find" the answer. that's what makes it all the more worthwhile, as a non-wiccan can find it, so then why is a Wiccan having so much trouble coming up with the answer.

Not looking at the right sources? I mean, Ravenwolf should have told everybody what it was, but alas, I dont think she know either.

*I thill think it is a squirrel in samurai armor who lives in a rain forest and attacks fluffy bunnies with the cry of "Die fluffy, die" in squirreleze.  

jaden kendam

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:27 pm
deadmanjake
Not looking at the right sources? I mean, Ravenwolf should have told everybody what it was, but alas, I dont think she know either.

*I thill think it is a squirrel in samurai armor who lives in a rain forest and attacks fluffy bunnies with the cry of "Die fluffy, die" in squirreleze.
i can't effectively state what it is. after tri-partitioning the "elements", it's really hard to picture five again.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:55 pm
Darin Rosewood

It is a "serious question", in so much that it is something that someone with an understanding of Wicca and/or Basic Witchcraft should be able to answer.
Quote:
We could tell you- but then we would have to kill you. See now- if we give that out like candy, it won't be as effective at sorting out fluffs.

I am curious as to why we have stopped using this question though.  

TeaDidikai

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:44 pm
Darin Rosewood

A cauldron?? lol. j/k *conjures up mental image of proud warrior attempting to throw an enormous cauldron onto enemy*

I'm not sure.. MAybe a sewweed lasso, or an oar, or a fishnet....  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:01 pm
VisasMarr
A cauldron?? lol. j/k *conjures up mental image of proud warrior attempting to throw an enormous cauldron onto enemy*
Never seen an Asatru SCA-er wield a frying pan have you? twisted  

TeaDidikai

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:30 pm
TeaDidikai

lol, cannot say that I have wink

At first I thought I was taking the word "weapon" too seriously. Granted that my search has lead me to the correct result.

Some of the stuff I read through... man that is whack...wiggity whack.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:36 pm
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

lol, cannot say that I have wink
Quite a sight that is.

Nothing says lovin like a pissed off Asatru-SCA woman whose husband has been pulling his Odin impression and staying out all night romancing the Ladies over horn after horn of mead...

~le sigh~ She should have hit him harder.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:48 am
TeaDidikai

Like I said, it is because the "wiccans" that are usually encountered can not even answer of who created it or what it is. By what it is I mean the whole fertility cult who worships the God and Goddess of the Isles. The question of the weapon seems to not be important anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:57 am
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai

Like I said, it is because the "wiccans" that are usually encountered can not even answer of who created it or what it is. By what it is I mean the whole fertility cult who worships the God and Goddess of the Isles. The question of the weapon seems to not be important anymore.
Fair enough. Although I see no reason we cannot add it in now and then.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:05 am
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai

You mean, just for old time's sake? Like you all did in January? Coven/lineage/elemental weapon of ether.

Now it should be creator/dieties/elemental weapon of ether.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:22 am
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai

You mean, just for old time's sake? Like you all did in January? Coven/lineage/elemental weapon of ether.

There we go! We've been looking for something short and sweet like that.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:31 am
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai

There we go! We've been looking for something short and sweet like that.

I guess it is time to copy and paste or someone needs to put it in thier profiles.

Lord Elf asked what do we do if they fail? Since instead of giving them huge infodumps, we just ask them those three, but what do we do if they fail?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff