Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Girls, ever get randomly harrassed by creepy people? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever been accosted by a creep on the street?
  Yes
  No
View Results

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:40 pm
I've been accosted TWICE in the past two days.

It's not like I wear low cut tops or anything. Usually, I'm quite conservative in dress (mostly "corporate goth"), but I occasionally wear short skirts and my funky goth boots. The odd day I will wear something really funky, like stripey socks and GLOL style skirt. There are other women on the street dressed far more skankily than I (I dunno, maybe they are creep magnets too).

Does the all black thing make me look like a cheap hooker or something? It's something my mom often worries at me about, my style getting too much attention on the street. If push came to shove, I wouldn't be afraid to use a few self defence moves, but generally I avoid the creeps in the first place with my creep radar, or if they're unavoidable, ignore them. If they start talking to me or approach me (the guy yesterday was following me, till I raised my voice and told him to leave me alone), I will say in a *very* firm tone of voice, "Leave me alone," and that seems to work. I always keep my cell phone at the ready, and try not to walk out in dangerous areas at night.

So, fellow goth girls, tell me what you do to get rid of creeps on the street.

Arrrrrgh!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:46 pm
im ussually with friends when this happens... we just kinda act retarded and that scares em off ussually if that doesnt work then just run away  

xX x0mbie Xx

Kosova4Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:22 pm
I don't dress very much like a Goth at all, nor do I wear "skimpy clothing" -- to the contrary, I'm almost always in jeans.

Yet a bunch of older creepy men still try & pick me up when I'm out places (unless I'm with my boyfriend, then they stay away smile )

If their comments are solely verbal -- regardless of whether they are subtly trying to charm me or blatantly asking me explicit sexual questions or explicitly commenting on my apperance & such -- I act shy, very reserved & disinterested, & polite. No matter what they are saying to me, I will respond calmly, keep a reserved & disinterested manner of speech, & think of an excuse to exit the situation as soon as possible (& be forceful in regards to the reason why I have to leave).

Whenever anybody starts to do anything that goes outside the realm of solely verbal exchange, such as try and pull me & my stuff in a certain direction after I declined to go with them, I'll be very straightforward, clear, forceful, & loud. Thankfully, these types of things usually happen in public places, so people get scared by somebody telling them in a loud & forceful manner to let go of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:08 pm
It happens to me at work all the time. I work at a halloween shop at the moment and often wear my corsets. There was this one time when i was wearing This top with a asian style coat over it and a fishnet shirt under it. I asked this man if i could help him find anything. he got this creepy smile on his face, slid up to me, looked me up and down and was all "mmmm...maybe wink " felt dirty haha.  

Lady Detarra

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:35 am
My girlfriend says she gets a lot of "unwanted attention" when I'm not around. Mostly for creepy old Mexican guys, apparently.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:46 am
Yeah, I get that. Creepy ******** on the train.
Usually old guys who are already drinking in the arvo.

*shudder*

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:01 am
Frequently, again, mostly by drunken people.

I was casually walking down the street out in town with my friend when some random guy runs from across the road (coming straight out of a pub rolleyes ) and shouts at me

"Hey! You! Yeah, the goth, you're like...the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, wanna go out with me?"

......to which I replied "sorry, I like my men tall, goth and hot. You meet precisely none of those requirements. Goodday"

I seriously hate those type of guys, as if just by complimenting me I'm going to fall at his feet and become completely in love with him stare

I also am a nutter magnet.

Again while in the city, with friends, one was talking about a dream she'd had, some random guy appears (seemingly) out of no-where asking "was it about me?"....the guy had 'insane' tattooed across his forehead.

Being the good friend that I am...I scarpered, leaving my poor dear friend alone to deal with the nutter. I paid for it though, he started following me eek when he caught up me he stepoped up real close and told me "ah, you can't get away from me, I'm in your mind" eek eek

I nearly had a heart-attack. though, I must compliment him, he had the perfect kind of crazy that has to be commended for it'sd ability to freak people out. I did wonder if he was just doing it for kicks, like I would do xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:27 am
the worst problem i have is creepy guys on the bus...they'll sit down with me, and strike up a conversation...and being the properly socialized young woman, i'm too meek and mild to insult this Creepy Stranger by opting not to talk to him. So I carry on this conversation distractedly staring out the window for my stop, yes the lone hope that this man is not going where I'm going, and that i might escape from him upon reaching my destination, all the time scooting farther and farther away from him, and trying to deflect the overly obvious hit-ons.  

Shadow_people

The Reused

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:06 pm
i dont really get comments by creepy guys because i wear really big baggy pants with chains, but once i was walking down the street and i was on a vacation with my dad and this guy just walked up to me and said "happy holloween!". i flipped him off with a nasty expression  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:04 pm
I really don't get old creepy guys after me too much, but I will freak out if I see someone who looks suspicious and/or an unfamiliar vehicle in my general area. However, people at school harass me all the time, and I don't even dress that gothy very often. These weird gangsta people on my bus bother me pretty much all the time, though. It's really, really annoying.  

EvFaerAshlynn

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:20 pm
I only get hit on by guys, and being straight, I find that annoying. Sigh...women don't like me.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:46 pm
The mind of a common male.
Interesting dont ya think.....

Some times I wish the majorite of most of us guys would smartin up, in some areas. But Girls you haveta realize, theres not much chance of that happening, becuase you cant teach a dog new tricks (Half the time).

But not all guys are like that......and dont worrie if you think you ladys have problems with this, guys can go through it just as much.

I just like to say it happens to girls more often becuase we'll I beleave girls have more respect when it comes to most things.

And I heard that from some of you's that some the times there drunk men. well They say Taquila makes womens clothes fall off, we'll beer makes men horney I guess, Becuase hey Its drinking thinking, and thinking is exactly what there not doing.

Good luck to all you lovley ladys.......I plz watch out becuase there are alot of sick bastards out there who will try to do more then look you up and down so becarful.  

Crazy_Vamp666

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:58 pm
I don't wear skimpy crap either, heck, half the time i'm androginus (sp?) yet I end up with stalkers and random guys & chicks who won't leave me alone, butmunchers.... I dont even know most of em'.... stare it gets reeeeeaaaaalllly old reeeeaaaally fast.....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:16 pm
I work waitressing in a pub; so I'm not stranger to people looking down my blouse etc. I hate it, but what can you really do?  

Perestroyka

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 pm
No creep ever bothered me on the streets... but when I was a teaching assistant, I had to deal with a grotty, trench-coated student who stared at my tits. mad

Other TAs had made complaints about him. He had a habit of following young women across the campus. He'd never do anything, but he'd just sort of be there. Leering at us. What a wang.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff