67%
 67%  [ 72 ]
Total Votes : 106

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:01 am
If you want to live and thrive,
let a spider run alive!

I don't really believe it. But I'm told killing spiders is bad luck, and I've heard it so often that I feel a terrible forboding if someone does it in my house.

I also feel funny about people getting a hold of strands of my hair. I usually leave loose hair in the middle of a field or toss it in a river, where no one's likely to nab it.

So, who else has funny superstitions? I'm sure I'm not the only one!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:22 am
I know when I was younger I would avoid the cracks so as to not "break my mother's back"

As for black cats... well I have one, so I don't give much thought to that one.

There are a few that I still pay some attention to, but most of those are more obscure ones that are in regards to fairies. ^_^  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:55 am
lurichan
There are a few that I still pay some attention to, but most of those are more obscure ones that are in regards to fairies. ^_^

That sounds familiar. We probably share a few.
I don't pay any attention to the standard ones, but there are some weird medieval ones and local British things that I picked up somehow.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:59 am
I've never been superstitious.

I open umbrellas inside and break mirrors without flinching.

MortSanglant

Fux this account

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:40 am
....superstitions are only effective if you believe in them  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:22 am
MortSanglant

I actually used to make indoor tents out of umbrellas when I was little... lol  

Veruniel
Crew

91_green bottles

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:33 pm
ve been told that if you put your Tshirt on backwards, you have to spin around 3 times before you fix it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:00 pm
Never heard about the spider one before. Usually, I'll either scream for someone to come collect it or it'll get squashed somehow. Spiders have always creeped me out. Fake ones I'm okay with, but if there's a real, living, moving spider in the room, I'll either scream or just feeze for a minute. And then there's this creepy-crawly feeling I get after I see one.... like there are spiders on me... *shudders*

When I was younger, I used to think that if I left my door open at night, I would be killed by vampires or ghosts or something of that nature. I'm no longer scared of vampires killing me, but I'm still a little paranoid that if I move too slowly at nighttime, something will stab me in the back and I will die a screamy, painful death.  

EvFaerAshlynn

Athiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:15 pm
MortSanglant

You shouldn't break your mirrors. they're the most beautiful objects within a veeery wide radius, after all...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:24 pm
Hmm.....my mom just told me something about umbrellas indoors....not doing it or something.
Never stopped me from doing it anyways. Lol ^.^
And Friday the 13th was awesome for me. 6 is my lucky number, I have a black cat that belongs to the family down the street that follows me everywhere in the neighborhood, and I smash mirrors for fun.
w00t.

2aetH

LostWithin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:09 pm
I´m to lazy to care about stuff like that^^ But I don´t kill spiders, mainly 'cause they keep the flies away 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm
I only kill the spider if I think it could kill me. Otherwise I'll either let it go about it's bussines, or catch it and put it outside.  

TheWitchGotRobin

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:14 pm
Athiel
MortSanglant

You shouldn't break your mirrors. they're the most beautiful objects within a veeery wide radius, after all...

I don't break them on purpose!

But when they do break, I don't freak out.

whee

And, of course, mirrors are your and my best friends!

@ Veruniel - I used to do that too!

surprised

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:34 pm
I don't really "buy into" the whole superstition thing per se, but I can't help but feel a bit uneasy if I walk under a ladder, break a mirror (& not only because I have to clean up the shards!), or run into some other circumstance involving a cliche superstition.

I don't open umbrellas indoors, though; I believe that's a pretty common superstition. My fear of superstitions was much greater when I was a kid, & I'd always make a point of never opening umbrellas inside. I still subconciously simply refuse to do it, although by now it's probably almost completely out of habit & personal tradition than out of fear.  

Kosova4Life

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:02 pm
Veruniel
If you want to live and thrive,
let a spider run alive!

I don't really believe it. But I'm told killing spiders is bad luck, and I've heard it so often that I feel a terrible forboding if someone does it in my house.

I also feel funny about people getting a hold of strands of my hair. I usually leave loose hair in the middle of a field or toss it in a river, where no one's likely to nab it.

So, who else has funny superstitions? I'm sure I'm not the only one!

the pentacle is of the devil rofl  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces