sometimes i wish i didnt have asian parents............ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AznTrix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:36 pm
So heres the situation

Its monday, i have symphony tonight from 7:00pm - 9:00pm. I get home from school at about 6:45pm since i had football pratice. There is no dinner and i go and shower. I have about 2 hours of homework to do, and i figure school before music so i skip and do my homework.

Get done just before 9 and i have nothing else to do so i go play some video games, and i only get to play about 5 minutes when my dad comes down stairs and is like "You skipped symphony and just play game all day, we are going to have to take your computer away because you cant control yourself"

and im just like i Just got done about 5 minutes ago from doing homework and having nothing else to do, and hes all like you should have gone to symphony. I figure id rather do what comes first and finish my homework so i can get a good nights rest for school tommarow. But he expects me to go to symphony come back and finish my homework and i dont like to do homework late.

He bassicallly says to me in a way that is hard to describe that i should be more like my brother. My brother is a 4.0 student almost all AP classes probably gunna go to Stanford next year right. And he goes to symphony on mondays and goes to sleepa fter all his homework at about 2 am. And spends most his time doing his homeowrk on the weekdays. While me im only a sophmore so i cant take AP classes so i only have about 2 hours of homework. And he goes on about how my brother is always working but i just slack and play games all day blah blah. And its hard to explain how AP and my classes compaire in the amount of work to him, then he will go on about how back in china how much work they had, and how they worked so hard to come to america and all that.

So i call my mom and tell her how gay my dad is being, and then im like why didnt you make me food today? and shes like oh i was so stressed with all the work from the class she is taking at night, and she couldnt balance her time so she didnt make dinner and went to class. And i was like we are in the same boat bassically having to much to do and i took the same choice as her in a way. And i was like for not making me food and not doing both you should be punished like me and then she just gets plain out mad and is like you cant do anything for a week or somthing.

I dont know about how other people work but my parents arnt understanding and i have to be perfect life sux. I assume it is mostly jus tlike this for asian people but is this relate to anyone here wink  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:26 pm
they talk alot  

Hitman1

Pixel Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:26 pm
Suck it up. That's how they are. They say what they think they know. They'll shoot your mood down many times when they talk about someone's better than you. They expect you to do better even if they had about the same situation as you. I didn't let that get to me.

lol Happens to about every asians I know including myself. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:48 pm
hmm..... my parents were like that when they were together, but that's just wat azn parents do. they always cepct their kids to be like doctors or lawyer's and the like when they're older and all that. my mum was like that, but i didn't care and yeh i told her that. i mean i rejected one of the best unis to go to the one that i go to now. and i'm loving it cept all the racist ppl and all those who are too uptight about wat they do and all that. ah wellz. my mum didn't say nothin about hw or nothin like that as long as i get good grades. i mean straight all B's and 1 C is kool considering i didn't even care at that stage.

dw about it dude, most parents are like that and wow 2hrs of hw. that's a lot. i didn't even get that much when i was in hs and that was just last yr ayz blaugh now we dun get nothin at uni 3nodding bludge all the way till exams 3nodding  

Lost_child01

x-Hitokiri-x

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:19 am
all i can say is i know what you're talkin about  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:23 am
yeah i agree  

The--Fish

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:05 am
That's quite a situation you got...
I kinda agree with Pixel Chef though...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:15 am
dude come on they just want you to have a bright future, thats the way parents are and hopefully you are not to an extreme but with ur kids as well... sweatdrop  

Kuroi Kohhi

The Dark Lord 88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:53 pm
i hate it when my mom does that.im an only child but she compairs me to my cousins and one of them is iin the 6th grade and im in the 8th. kindda dum to compair me to a little kid who has the easiest homework  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight…

What a coincidence, my parents are the same...

Anyways, we shouldn't live to compare one from antoher, but accept the fact we're all unique and will NEVER ever be like someone else. It's one of the things I hate the most since my mom always wants me to be that damn perfect girl she imagines in her head.

It feels so right
To
night…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

hami banami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:59 pm
o.0 AznTrix my parents are like that too! they dont cook, they always blame me for playing on the computer. and yes, they have threatened to take away my computer =/.

how do i deal with it? i ignore them and pretend they never talked. keep playing on the computer. when they threatened again i asked them where are they gonna put it.. and they'r like.. idunno. xD parents are morons.
what i eat is mostly junkfood at home.. sometimes i dont eat at all. so my main meal of the day is lunch at school =/.

azn parents are so.. eh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:46 pm
i just try to ignore it and promis myself that i'll never be that way to my kids if i have any
well it sort of depends on how old your parents are on how they treat you...the older ones tend to be mroe old fashined and so they think their word is law and all that stuff...it sucks though when my parents are wroung because they'll never admit it
but anyways just try not to let it get to you to much  

Fire_Tanizard

Angmar01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:04 pm
suck it up or have them hate u for a long time.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:35 pm
It's normaly for parents to be annoying to their kids...
I mean, for them to seem annoying...
And it's pretty normal that their kids will end up getting pissed at them...
Everyone experiences it...
It just seems like parents are supposed to be hard on their kids....
>.<...

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:41 pm
Pixel Chef
Suck it up. That's how they are. They say what they think they know. They'll shoot your mood down many times when they talk about someone's better than you. They expect you to do better even if they had about the same situation as you. I didn't let that get to me.

lol Happens to about every asians I know including myself. rofl

yup thats how asian parents are. my mother cant stand being wrong, she will still argure, even after she is proven wrong. my dad is not bad, but hes really annoying about school.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff