Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.
Buying Yaoi/Shounen-ai: Help Please!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NoMoreNightmares

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:43 pm
Okay, so, There is this Bookstore that I visit just about every other week to read, buy books, ect. And I've been eyeing the box set for Yellow for some time now. I've bought a few Shounen-ai books before. But never a wrapped yaoi book. Do the cashires check for some form of ID when buying a book 18+? Because I'm a bit underaged.. sweatdrop Help a fellow yaoi fan, please?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:02 pm
I've never actually bought yaoi books before, but speaking on behalf of my friend who has, she got away with not having an ID by flirting with the cashier. XD
But yes, in her experience they have asked for it. I guess it all depends on where you're buying it.  

retice

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:17 pm
Well, they SHOULD check you for I.D.

I'm sure it's required. But depending on who the cashier is, they might not. :/

Which is kind of sad...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:24 pm
I know it sucks! xp No yaoi for me! gonk They have to check for I.D., its a new policy. Even if your like 28 years old and look like your 36 they won't let you buy it with out ID or at least that's what happened to my cousin.  

Dream of Existence

AtlantisChildren

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:09 pm
My sister has been buying 18+ for awhile and she's still under age. They've never asked for her ID. Yellow is a prety good series though.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:17 pm
I've never been searched. And I bought an M book (18 +) while I was still pretty under the limit. I've never been asked to show ID. Go for it! What do you have to lose? If you do get denied because of age, all they'll do is take it from you and put it behind the counter to return it to the shelf later.  

milkymosaic
Crew

Graceful crisis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:55 am
I love yellow heart
You should buy it, it's not like it's totally graphic 3nodding
I'm fifteen but I look like I'm a bit older, so they don't ask. The store even ordered the third volume home.
I'm sure they won't ask for ID, it's alot of money they don't get if they do ask surprised Just don't get all shakey and sweaty and stuttering, then they'll ask xd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:44 pm
Do you have an adult that is willing to buy them for you, cuz I own all of those books and they ROCK! But really it all depends on where you live and what bookstore it is, and how old the cashire is, that is always a determining factor. But I usually just have my gma buy my M rated wrapped books for me. ^^  

Aszure

Rainbow Hoarder

9,775 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
[ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games