Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Theophelia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read post then answer
  a) gone mad
  b) been ******** over by some d**k at a pub
  c) had a divine "intervention" and now have a Godling to raise
View Results

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:26 pm
So... God ********... the concept exists in most mythologies and many of us take those mythologies to have people who are the offspring of Gods and mortals. Setanta, Cú Chullain, Fionn MacCumhall, Oisín... the list in Irish mythos is phenomenal.

I'm fairly certain the Romans and Egyptians have as much and I know the Greeks have as much.

So, here we are in the twenty first century. Someone seduces you some night at a party and (if you're a woman), bang you're pregnant or (if you're a man) bany, nine months later there's this sprawling mass of baby on your step. You have the offspring of a God to deal with.

The question of the poll is:
You have  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:45 pm
For the shear insanity that raising a god-ling would present, c.)

I've already raised a child from birth until their fifth birthday (stepfather was an irresponsible p***k), so I might as well have a little bit of deific madness with it. Then again, I'm a little nuts to begin with O,o  

Kal Eldritch

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:00 am
reagun ban
So... God ********... the concept exists in most mythologies and many of us take those mythologies to have people who are the offspring of Gods and mortals. Setanta, Cú Chullain, Fionn MacCumhall, Oisín... the list in Irish mythos is phenomenal.

I'm fairly certain the Romans and Egyptians have as much and I know the Greeks have as much.

So, here we are in the twenty first century. Someone seduces you some night at a party and (if you're a woman), bang you're pregnant or (if you're a man) bany, nine months later there's this sprawling mass of baby on your step. You have the offspring of a God to deal with.

The question of the poll is:
You have

I believe that, in theory, it's all possiable.

I just don't believe it's likely to happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:34 am
And all I can think is... SEX WITH A SHOGGOTH!!! AAAAAH!

I find it far more likely you've been ******** over by some p***k. However, in certain circumstances it is possible that the child was divinely influenced. For example if you're on the pill and used a condom and still got pregnant that would be pretty unusual. Or if all you remember is a faint glow of golden light...

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but there would have to be very unusual circumstances before I would consider it.

It's not uncommon in mythology, especially in the Greek. So if you got pregnant after ******** a bull, swan or golden shower it would most likely be some sort of divine child.  

Pelta

bobz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:59 am
missmagpie
And all I can think is... SEX WITH A SHOGGOTH!!! AAAAAH!

Yick, bad magpie... Brain's filled with yicky henticle rex now.

My personal thoughts on that would be that though it might be possible in the scenario described above it's most likely that you've been screwed over by some d**k at a pub.

Divine visitations or babies with naturally purple hair and the strength of one thousand tiny little helpless babies on the other hand... well then you might want to look at the possibility of them being a godling.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:17 am
Do I think it is possible? Sure.
Do I think it is likely in this day? Not so much.

However- I don't care which deitie it is. He's going to be sued for Child Support and I'm going to chew him the ******** out for taking off the rubber!  

TeaDidikai

Aesi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:56 pm
Possible? Probably.
Likely? Among billions of humans in the world these days, I'd lay odds it still happens less frequently than it might have once. And their parents probably rarely know what they're dealing with.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Do I think it is possible? Sure.
Do I think it is likely in this day? Not so much.

However- I don't care which deitie it is. He's going to be sued for Child Support and I'm going to chew him the ******** out for taking off the rubber!

eek

I want to see THAT paternity case...

"The court will now hear Jones Vs. Valhalla"

OOOOOOOOOOOOR...the Springer episode....

"Gods, Damnit! Take care of your kid!"  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:25 pm
Kuroiban

eek

If I get knocked up by the whole of Valhalla- there is something seriously WRONG with my body.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 pm
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban

eek

If I get knocked up by the whole of Valhalla- there is something seriously WRONG with my body.

True...but that kid would be something!

Thaaaaat...and well I was figuring if you'd be sueing...you might as well go for the gold... lol  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:53 am
Kuroiban

Thaaaaat...and well I was figuring if you'd be sueing...you might as well go for the gold... lol
And now I shall take a moment to point out that most of Valhalla is made up of non-corporeal humans, not gods and we'll end this tangent.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban

And now I shall take a moment to point out that most of Valhalla is made up of non-corporeal humans, not gods and we'll end this tangent.

Duely noted (and, up untill know, unknown to me), and amusing tangent ended.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:28 pm
to me the whole thing is slightly absurd, no offense to anyone here but in all likely hood they probably got piss drunk one night got screwed and claimed it as immaculate conception so thyey wouldnt be stoned.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:49 am
WitchyBoy
to me the whole thing is slightly absurd, no offense to anyone here but in all likely hood they probably got piss drunk one night got screwed and claimed it as immaculate conception so thyey wouldnt be stoned.

Perhaps you should re-read the thread.
Stoning is a Jewish thing.
The Irish Gods didn't get their mortal Girlfriends pregnant immaculately, part because sex (whether in or out of marriage) is not a crime or sin and part because they liked their sex.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:02 am
reagun ban

Perhaps you should re-read the thread.
Stoning is a Jewish thing.
The Irish Gods didn't get their mortal Girlfriends pregnant immaculately, part because sex (whether in or out of marriage) is not a crime or sin and part because they liked their sex.
And then there are whole cultures that hold that the deity is the parent of the ethnicity. ninja  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff