Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Godly Interaction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:39 am
I thought I'd share, since I did the first godly-interaction-outside-of-Blot recently and it was educational.

I've been highly stressed. Between work, trying to organize myself for applying to graduate school, finding a nice boy and wrestling with how I want to react, and modding, I'm a little ball of nerves. I've have been having trouble sleeping for obvious reasons; all my usual remedies were failing.

The night after getting 3 hours of sleep, looking at a second night of the same caliber, I decided I'd done all I could and it was time to turn to the Gods. considering the alternatives, I chose Frigga; although I haven't dealt with her much, she seemed most appropriate. Considering my circumstances (in bed, tyring to fall asleep) and her nature (not exactly known for the drinking) I decided to make a different offering than usual.

I offered two things. One was an object picked up (pathwalking/world travelling/etc...) on Yggdrasil and I went to the spot I wanted to make the offering from (I was in no state to cross bifrost so I went to Yggdrasil's branches, which are easy to get to). The second was a memory; something that was stressing me out.

She took both. The only thing she said to me was: "Be careful what you ask for." Then I was asleep. I slept like a rock, awoke capable of coping with a truly stressing day, slept like a rock the next night, ditto the next night, and now I'm here. The thing that wigged me out is I can't remember what I gave her. Either object. They're just gone.

So, yeah. Be careful what you ask for. sweatdrop I'm grateful, anyway. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:11 am
~snickers~ Sweet.

I like her sense of humor and how pragmatic she is. I actually wish more Asatru worked with her. Most of the ones I know of all fawn over Freya (though I guess that shouldn't be a shocker).  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:55 am
TeaDidikai
~snickers~ Sweet.

I like her sense of humor and how pragmatic she is. I actually wish more Asatru worked with her. Most of the ones I know of all fawn over Freya (though I guess that shouldn't be a shocker).

We have two people closest to Odin in my kindred. 3nodding Freya comes in second. I'm very fond of Frigga, actually, and have been for a long time, but for whatever reason it's Odin and Loki who draw me most. They were both just VERY inappropriate for this request, despite my long relationships with either.

I'm fairly certain it was Frigga who answered my first-ever request when I was a child, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:33 am
Deoridhe

We have two people closest to Odin in my kindred. 3nodding Freya comes in second. I'm very fond of Frigga, actually, and have been for a long time, but for whatever reason it's Odin and Loki who draw me most. They were both just VERY inappropriate for this request, despite my long relationships with either.

I'm fairly certain it was Frigga who answered my first-ever request when I was a child, too.
Man. Odin, Loki and Freya. Asatru's Unholy Trinity.

Is this universal? Or are we just "lucky" Deo?

You know what I want? I want to find an honest to goodness follower of Tyr. For all the loose talk in Asatru about Honor- I've seen more hypocties... ~ahems~ Yeah. Tyr.  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:42 am
TeaDidikai
You know what I want? I want to find an honest to goodness follower of Tyr. For all the loose talk in Asatru about Honor- I've seen more hypocties... ~ahems~ Yeah. Tyr.

I used to know a seidhkona who followed Tyr, but I think her life went on some kind of rollercoaster ride of doom, so last I heard from her, which was a few years ago now, she'd converted back to Christianity and then back to Seidhr and then back to Christianity. We lost touch after that, and I dunno what she's up to anymore, hopefully whichever religion she finally ended up in she's happy there, but I am bummed that I lost my only real practicing seidh friend.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:10 am
Sivirs
TeaDidikai

I used to know a seidhkona who followed Tyr, but I think her life went on some kind of rollercoaster ride of doom, so last I heard from her, which was a few years ago now, she'd converted back to Christianity and then back to Seidhr and then back to Christianity. We lost touch after that, and I dunno what she's up to anymore, hopefully whichever religion she finally ended up in she's happy there, but I am bummed that I lost my only real practicing seidh friend.
Well, Tyr will ******** with you if you mess up- and Christianity is a lot easier- I mean, Yeshua v. Tyr- I know who I would want to follow given a choice.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 am
TeaDidikai
Is this universal? Or are we just "lucky" Deo?

On the list I'm on it's been put forth that they're the most communicative/social of the gods and their followers may be likewise, thus the over-representation. We had a follower of Hermod in our Kindred, though, which is fairly rare.

TeaDidikai

I know one. He's a lawyer and he's amazing. He's been in Asatru for a long time and he has the most reaosnable, measured, considering, and thoughtful voice. Amazing. Whenever he posts my ears perk up and I automatically pay more attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:15 am
Deoridhe

On the list I'm on it's been put forth that they're the most communicative/social of the gods and their followers may be likewise, thus the over-representation. We had a follower of Hermod in our Kindred, though, which is fairly rare.
Fair enough.

Quote:

I know one. He's a lawyer and he's amazing. He's been in Asatru for a long time and he has the most reaosnable, measured, considering, and thoughtful voice. Amazing. Whenever he posts my ears perk up and I automatically pay more attention.
Sweet.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:41 am
I'm not suprised that Tyr has few devoted followers these days...
Stoicism (colloquial, not philosophical sense) went out of style long ago, as has serious conviction and the willingness to bleed for a cause. If there were many people willing to put their hand in the Wolf's mouth, to save the world, do you think we would have nearly as many silly things to rant about in my "socially proactive" "club"? xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games