Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Terry Brooks and Clive Barker.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If there is already a topic for these,
  I apologize. I didn't see one, and I did look.
View Results

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:32 am
...... Sword of Shannara books.

Also, (Clive Barker), Imajica.

Please discuss.

(Sheehan, my favorite English teacher ever, recommends Brooks over and over. My uncle gave me Imajica, both books, for my birthday last week.)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:31 pm
I think I read The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks, but I don't remember the exact title. It was something by him, I know that. It was interesting, but not enough for me to want to read all of his books. Maybe when the school library opens up again I'll read some more of his books.  

NightIntent
Captain

Valas Hume

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 pm
Clive Barker gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:59 pm
Truthfully, this is the first shannara post i've seen that I haven't put up myself stare But I have read all the shannara books that are out so far. I am in love with Walker Boh (despite the fact he's missing most of one of his arms) rolleyes I love The Queen of Shannara though The Druid of Shannara is VERY close in comparison 3nodding  

Ignorance Xx is xX Bliss

supcake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:25 am
<3 Terry Brooks!! blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:07 am
I've only read three of the books right now, but I plan on eventually reading all of them! 3nodding my favorite out of hte three I've read is probably the original Sword of Shannara because it was done so well.  

JRay18

knightoftheblacksky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:12 pm
I've read the sword of shannara, elfstones of shannara, and I've read part of the wishsong of Shannara but I got to bored to finish it. Sorry it's just that I got bored of his writing style after a while  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:27 pm
I have almost the whole Shannara series. Only missing two books of it, I think. I have yet to read it though. My sister in law, an avid fantasy reader since a child said that they were really bad, and the writing in itself was hard to put up with. So I stayed away from them. hmm.. I guess I will just have to see for myself and read them. Once I'm done with the series Im reading of course. mrgreen  

Batnamz

murphyad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:52 am
Clive Barker's adult books are really long and really weird I love his kids books Theif of Always and Abarat but Imajica had a lot going on and it was like interesting mut it got boring after a while  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:04 am
Terry Brooks is an author for people who have never read Tolkien.  

godhi

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:51 pm
I have a few of Terry Brooks' books that a library gave me, but I haven't read them yet. Clive Barker's Abarat was good (and odd), but I've never read Imajica.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:29 pm
Imajica is AMAZING...

I'm reading it right now (its actually taking me a couple of months b/c I have other books to read, school work, and real work) -- it's really long but so well written the world is so believable. I love it so much!

I'll write more once I've finished it (I'm about 2/3 done atm)

I'ven't read any Brooks though. sad

danniqi

Eslana

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:38 pm
Terry Brooks is a wonderful writer. But I like the Sword of Shannara Trillogy better then The Heritage of Shannara, And I think the best book was The Sword of Shannara. If you like Terry Brooks you will love reading the ENTIRE David Eddings series, The Belgariad, The Malloreon, The Ellenium, The Tamuli, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:44 am
To be honest, I never got into the Shannara series. I fell asleep trying to read the first of the Shannara books. surprised

I read all of his Landover series though, which was fun. I also read the Word/Void trilogy, also not bad. Its been a while since I read his books though.  

Wissakins

PtolemaeusZero

Invisible Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:15 pm
xXWolfSongXx
I have almost the whole Shannara series. Only missing two books of it, I think. I have yet to read it though. My sister in law, an avid fantasy reader since a child said that they were really bad, and the writing in itself was hard to put up with. So I stayed away from them. hmm.. I guess I will just have to see for myself and read them. Once I'm done with the series Im reading of course. mrgreen

On an extremely literal note one of my best friends is named after this series. Her name is Shannara. Her mother named her after this series! She hasn't even read it yet though.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games