Submit

arguing with christians..
  it's fun to prove that there's no god!
  it's mean to try and crush their beliefs
  poll whore!!
View Results

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:18 am
one of my best friends found out that i'm athiest (i had no reason to tell her in any previous conversations) and we started an argument about whether god existed (she's VERY religious - she reads the bible before she goes to sleep!) i won the argument!! whoop! (you can't argue with evolution darling!)

have any of you had a similar argument?
who won?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:58 pm
I remember having an arguement with my best friend about evolution in 6th grade or so. She's a devoted Christian. I didn't know very much back then, but I knew enough to debate just a bit. I tried explaining evolution and mutation to her, but I wasn't doing a very good job.

Her: How does that work then?
Me: When the creature is first forming, something goes wrong, and it mutates.
Her: What goes wrong?
Me: I don't know, something.
Her: WHAT IS IT?
Me: I don't know!

I understood evolution at the time, I just didn't know enough facts to back up what I said.

I'm smart enough to know now that it's chromosomes.
It would be cool if I could go back in time and tell her that. Just to see what she'd say.

Cuboned

killerinthedawn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:23 am
My arguments with my Grandma tend to go like this:

Grandma: So why is it that you don't believe in God?
Me: Because. Evolution.
Grandma: What created evolution?
Me: The fact that there was life on the planet.
Grandma: What created life?
Me: The big bang.
Grandma: What created the big bang?
Me: Asteroid collision.
Grandma: What created the asteroid?

And it goes on like that for at least half an hour.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:56 pm
Ehh, wow, duh, if you go with something that's right you usually win unless the other is totally ignorant.
Now, evolution doesn't quite do it for those religious types all the time. The best we can do is make them accept that evolution happens. It would take a lot more time to convert someone who has that one logical flaw.
@Killa: Heh, well, more like life created evolution and adaption and mutation are the things that, "Created," evolution. Then life sort of made mutation and adaption possible. Really, it would take probably years of straight learning to totally understand.
Really I think there are various theories of the big bang, but that is a popular one.
Why must all those people get brainwashed when their minds are still developing a sense of things? It makes it so much harder for them to accept the reality.
Really, I think the word, "Caused," is more correct than, "created."  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:37 am
rolleyes honestly! every time i have religious, we end up arguing about whether god exists or how the world was created etc! please, make her stop!!!! lol gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:05 pm
I avoid religious arguements at all costs. When I ask for proof on how God exists, they end up saying something completely asinine such as, "the bible!"

It makes me want to punch something. That's why I don't like to talk about religion with religious people. :]

Gunpowder Valentine

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:12 am
if i'm told that the bible is their proof then i say stuff like "don't believe everything you read", "how do you know that it's the truth when it's in a book" and "aren't most books that consist of stories FICTION?" lol, it makes them think a bit more about their argument!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:29 pm
This isn't exactly the same but one time I found out that one of my friends was christian and i said loudly "Eeeeeeww Youre Christian!!!! Gross!!!!!" and He didn't talk to me for a week  

linkoman20x6

linkoman20x6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:32 pm
Then another time I was in science class and we were talking about Evolution and this kid said " How can you talk about this like it's fact? Evolution is a theory not a fact." I turned around in my chair holding a pen inbetween my two fingers and said " Gravity is a theory," then dropped the pencil and turned around. He shut up for the rest the period.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:20 am
when i go to church....
linkoman20x6
This isn't exactly the same but one time I found out that one of my friends was christian and i said loudly "Eeeeeeww Youre Christian!!!! Gross!!!!!" and He didn't talk to me for a week

that sounds quite funny!

....i laugh at the thought of 'God'

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:24 am
But there is no way to really prove who is right so there's no point arguing. (Sorry if someone has already said what I am saying, I just couldn't be bothered to read all the posts) Maybe the big bang is how it all started maybe it was 'cause of a god. Maybe there was a big bang and a god did some fancy s**t that slowed down the rest of the universe and he made it then. Just some crazy theories that could be possible.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:29 am
Cloud0.0Strife
But there is no way to really prove who is right so there's no point arguing. (Sorry if someone has already said what I am saying, I just couldn't be bothered to read all the posts) Maybe the big bang is how it all started maybe it was 'cause of a god. Maybe there was a big bang and a god did some fancy s**t that slowed down the rest of the universe and he made it then. Just some crazy theories that could be possible.

that's also a possibility, however science can explain most things.....my friend and i now look forward to our little debates...it also helps us in our religious lessons in our class debate (we can argue for both points of view now!) >.<  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:59 am
But what if a god is doing all this stuff then making it look like it was just science.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Cloud0.0Strife
But what if a god is doing all this stuff then making it look like it was just science.
to me it seems impossible that there's one being in control of the universe. science is much more logical  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:23 am
But science has to have come from somewhere. I know people say that the big bang creted the universe but where did the stuff that blew up come from? That really is the unanswerable question that makes it impossible to find out if rligions are a load of crap. "Where did it come from?" There could be a god but where did it com from? And there's the question I just said earlier in this post.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff