Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Don't you hate it when friends...... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are your friends like that at all?
  yep all of them
  some of them
  none of them
  all my friends are dieting with me
View Results

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:33 am
don't you hate it when frineds encourage you to meet up with them for lunch or go out to activities where you know you'll be surounded with food?

my friends seem to eat junk 24/7, i always feel really bad when i say, sorry, can't come, dieting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:32 am
I go with my friends and opt for water and a salad or chicken sandwhich. But if it's at the movies, I treat myself to a diet coke and popcorn. I just make up for it later by running track that Saturday or sunday.  

AngelSlave

Moonecho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:18 pm
Yeah, I get that a lot.
I solve the problem though, by upping my diet a little bit, for 2 or three days before I go out, and then reward myself with a nice meal [not large, but decent]. I limit my rewards to 2 times a month though, never more. x_x;

It's mostly on dates though, like, guys hate it when girls say they're dieting or don't want to eat, so I eat well, then make up for it both before, and a day or two afterwards, as well. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:38 pm
Yeah, my friends are all that bad.
Sad thing is they're saposed to be dieting too. xD

I just get a pack of gum or somthing and make shure I leave my money at home. (So I'm not tempted to spend it on junk.)

Sarena128

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:56 pm
I have a few friends who ALWAYS have food-centered activities, but they are also super supportive. I tell them never to be offended if I bring my OWN food. My friends are cool about it. They know I am Diabetic and trying to lose weight, so they never question me when I bring substitutes for meals.

Don't NOT GO, just bring different choices. You should NOT delay fun just because you are fat! Learn to enjoy life regardless of your weight otherwise dieting isn't going to work for you... it is denial of pleasures instead of a change of lifestyle!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:47 pm
yeah im trying to lose some but when i am with my friends i always eat rrrrrrrr  

Stirfry247

Clean Hunter

6,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100

Praetorian_X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:09 pm
yea...
i shouldnt eat it....ut its there...O.o

so i do gonk

my mom lost 25 pounds already, she eats those 100 calarie thoings and she watches her food intake...i should use her as a possitive role model  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:16 pm
My female friends aren't actually too bad. They're all trying to be healthy themselves so it's not too bad for me xD. If we do meet up for lunch or whatever, we usually try and get something reasonably healthy, not just because it's healthy but because we enjoy it.

They guys aren't too abd either. Half don't like chocolate or sweet things too much and eat healthily anyay because they are rowers and have to be super healthy during the rowing season rolleyes but it works out well for me.

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:45 am
Frog Juice
My female friends aren't actually too bad. They're all trying to be healthy themselves so it's not too bad for me xD. If we do meet up for lunch or whatever, we usually try and get something reasonably healthy, not just because it's healthy but because we enjoy it.

They guys aren't too abd either. Half don't like chocolate or sweet things too much and eat healthily anyay because they are rowers and have to be super healthy during the rowing season rolleyes but it works out well for me.

lucky. my female friends are okay apart from one of thems a stick who eats junk and the other one is really over weight and eats junk 24/7 lol
my guy friends are the worst because they say, you look fine, lets go to pizza hut, lets go to the pub for dinner etc etc. very anoying. they could do with losing a few pounds to really  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:05 am
Miya12
Frog Juice

lucky. my female friends are okay apart from one of thems a stick who eats junk and the other one is really over weight and eats junk 24/7 lol
my guy friends are the worst because they say, you look fine, lets go to pizza hut, lets go to the pub for dinner etc etc. very anoying. they could do with losing a few pounds to really

That would actually be pretty ahrd to cope with, but you shouldn't feel bad for being healthy!

My guy friends drink like fish during the off season and before they go back to training so it can get hard then. Guys are always like that "You look fine! Quit complaining! Let's go grab a bite to eat!" xD

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:46 am
Frog Juice
Miya12
Frog Juice

That would actually be pretty ahrd to cope with, but you shouldn't feel bad for being healthy!

My guy friends drink like fish during the off season and before they go back to training so it can get hard then. Guys are always like that "You look fine! Quit complaining! Let's go grab a bite to eat!" xD

lol truer words were never spoken  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:06 pm
Not really...

I'm not like a...

You know,

Food-loving kind of person.
>.>

I mean, like, if there's a lot of food around, I won't be like "ZOMG!" *pounces*

hydroh

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:08 am
If they would no becuse i am not allowed too but if i could i would say no.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:04 pm
I have one of those. xp She's 98 pounds, high metabolsim. She can pretty much eat anything she wants. She's supportive, but doesn't get it!

"Hey, Amy! I'm so proud of you for losingweight. I'm hungry. Want some ice cream?"  

LadyImpish

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:58 pm
My two best friends are like amazons, tall and extremely skinny because of a miraculous metabolism. They always tell me I'm skinny and don't need to lose weight, even though I'm not and I do, so I can't really bring up my dieting around them and just have to be careful what i eat when I'm with them  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games