20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Soloing
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Faalcoon Sawy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:51 am
hey, i'm new to the guild, and i play the trumpet in my school, as well as being in many other things, like a youth jazz band, a local big band and the school orchestra/windband...

What would you say is easier?

- Getting an extremely high note
- Soloing  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:22 pm
The high note! Soloing is so hard for me!  

[--Kiynama

Moonlit Masque

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:44 pm
i would definitly have to say that solos are easier because with and extremely high note you have to worry about so many other things and solos you just kind of do whatever  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:49 pm
In our school band, I'm the only grade 9er on trumpet so i get all the solos sweatdrop . Its soooooooooo not fun when the notes are really high of there is no breath marks.  

Dojigomiru

Posse_Darling

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:31 am
For me, soloing is easier. My problem playing high notes is staying in tune with the rest of the trumpets in me section. So, playing a solo is easier and it sounds better.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:58 pm
most of the high notes are ok for me its those damn low notes that screw me over!  

Dojigomiru

G2_00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:14 am
For me I would say a solo would be easier. You still get nervous, but last year at festival the top judge was yelling at our section because our D was a little flat and not loud enough. The breath mark had been 4 bars before and the next one was after this part. We all wanted to breath. Need air!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:09 am
Playing a solo is easier to play because you don't have to worry about having your lips in extreme pain after you play a high note. I should know, it's happened to me before. stare  

BlankBob

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff