Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Girls are Lesbians For Reading Yaoi?] Hypocritical Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:18 pm
Can someone please explain to me why it is that If a guy reads a anything about two girls having sex he's straight if a little perverted but if I a girl read about two guys having sex I'm asked if I'm a lesbian. (Nothing against lesbians it's just been pissing me off)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:27 pm
It's just dumb. Either ignore them or point out that a lesbian wouldn't really want to watch two guys get it on.  

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chemystry

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:37 pm
y would u b watching 2 GUYS if ur a lesbian n into GIRLS?? they're idiots, tell them 2 P*** off!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:49 pm
Someone asked me that too. He looked on my favorites on youtube and found my yaoi folder, looked at it, and asked me if I was a lesbian. wtf? If I were a lesbian I would be crazy over yuri, not looking at yaoi.

Invisible Ukulele

AtlantisChildren

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:50 pm
They're just stupid and don't know what they're talking about.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:01 pm
I have no idea. No matter how much one tries to wrap thier head around it it JUST. MAKES. NO. SENSE. XD  

Kitsune-chi

Holllamat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:51 pm
klausolas
Can someone please explain to me why it is that If a guy reads a anything about two girls having sex he's straight if a little perverted but if I a girl read about two guys having sex I'm asked if I'm a lesbian. (Nothing against lesbians it's just been pissing me off)

Because people are dicks! (and not the good kind gonk )  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:38 pm
Lesbians can like yaoi, but someone asking if you're one because you like yaoi doesn't make sense. People confuse me.  

Degrees of Kitten

Broken Hearted Hiei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:43 pm
I was asked that several times and I can just say that I've lost friends (if I didn't lose them because I like yaoi) due to me snapping at them telling them that I'm not a lesbian...I've been asked that over 5 times just this year. Makes me so mad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:46 pm
lol, yupyup ^^ I've been asked a couple times as well. Some people are stupid. It also bothers me when guys talk about or they have a guy in a movie who sleeps with two lesbians. Honestly, if they're lesbians why would they sleep with some guy.  

Jazzy Zeig

[ S a k u r a` ~ Dance ]]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.   

WOW. xDD
Tat like... Makes no sense. So just ignore them. ^ω^

You are my shining star User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:28 am
When I came out about yaoi shounen ai .
Mommy looked at me like I was a maniac .
Then she asked "Are you lesbian?"
And
"If you want we can go to a lesbian/gay nightclub?"
It's just plain wierd ..
I ignore it heart 3nodding

Graceful crisis

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:17 am
Yeah, my parents thought I was gay when they found out about my BL webcomic and all the doujinshi I have on there. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Although I have encountered alot of bi people(I am bi myself) in the fandom...though whether or not they're doing it as a 'fad' is debatable. After all, I see alot of homophobic yaoi fangirls too.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:22 am
I really don't get it either. I'll read anything so I get all kinds of weird accusations on what I'm into. You don't even want to know about some of it. It would make you cry. So don't worry about idiots.  

PhinaReiBrasil

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:51 pm
princessMeep
It's just dumb. Either ignore them or point out that a lesbian wouldn't really want to watch two guys get it on.

I beg to differ. xD

Though Yaoi/BL is intended for the heterosexual female-only, it has been known to influence a great deal of women in Japan to question their own sexuality, and hence, end up defining theirselves as "lesbians".

But, I can see where such an ordeal can hit a nerve. I'm personally a lesbian Yaoi/BL-fan, and people ask me the exact opposite. xD

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff