Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
uh ...biblical question? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Captain Gio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:06 pm
how did we divide into so many different races? when man was created were adam and eve like every race or what?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:01 pm
'Race' is simply man evolving to fit the climate that he was put in. For example, if you put a white people in africa, over a few hundred years, their skin would darken, since that is a natural defense mechanism against the harsh sun.  

ioioouiouiouio

Dark Captain Gio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:42 pm
but wouldn't they sunburn?...then how did we develop asian eye's...no offense, and different accents? confused  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm
well the Tower of Babel for one thing. wink Gen.11

i believe man created it to be a ziggurat, which is like a pyramid staircase with a shrine at its top. in essence, it was an astrological temple, in which they believed that the top step was the heavens. surprised ya...very not good.

These are both NIV trans.:
Gen.11.1 "Now the whole world had one language and a common speech."

Gen.11.4 "Then they said, 'Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

So God confused their speech and scattered them from there over all the earth.

MrJoeShoe

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:35 pm
Dark Captain Gio
but wouldn't they sunburn?

They would tan. And tan. And tan some more. eventually, they'd be 'black'.

Quote:
...then how did we develop asian eye's...no offense,

It was usefull to the enviroment that the asian people were living in. If you look at it, all people have epicanthic folds (the 'asian's eye'), it's just that the asiatic people have a more development.

Quote:
and different accents? confused

Just a question, but about where do you live (bear with me, it's relavent)?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:38 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Dark Captain Gio
but wouldn't they sunburn?

They would tan. And tan. And tan some more. eventually, they'd be 'black'.

Quote:
...then how did we develop asian eye's...no offense,

It was usefull to the enviroment that the asian people were living in. If you look at it, all people have epicanthic folds (the 'asian's eye'), it's just that the asiatic people have a more development.

Quote:
and different accents? confused

Just a question, but about where do you live (bear with me, it's
relavent)?

LA...i'm mexican/nicaraguan though and thanks for the answers...it shows were all white eek  

Dark Captain Gio

OnoBoei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:06 pm
ehehe, that, my friend, I'm also confused with... (the race thing). And I have pretty much the same answer as anzu on the language thing^^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:14 pm
Dark Captain Gio

LA...i'm mexican/nicaraguan

Well, think about people from the South. Same language, different accents. And, think about shakespeare. Still english, just a different accent. Languages sort of evolve over time, based on where they are.

Quote:
it shows were all white eek

Naw, we're all arab. Humanity started around where modern-day iraq is. Some people just got whiter and some people just got darker.  

ioioouiouiouio

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:20 pm
If you talk to an anthropologist about race, a good one will tell you it technically doesn't exist. We're all the same "race," all the same "species" it's just that some of us are different breeds. Our physical appearance changed depending on where we were geographically located. Asian people's eyes are slanted so drastically (compared to a "white" person's eyes) because of the environment. It helps to protect against sun and sand. Middle Eastern people and Indians (real Indians, not Native Americans) have similar facial features. African people have broader, flatter noses to help keep dirt and dust out of their breathing tracts (similar to camels). We all started off one way, because we all originate from the Mesopotamia area, but as humanity grew and spread out across the globe, our bodies had to adapt to survive in the different areas.

As far as different accents go, it's just a dialectal thing. I'm sure a linguist could explain it, but if you moved to a deserted island with two babies (a girl and a boy) and raised them and they made children together and raised them and so on and so forth, I can bet they would have an accent of the English language all their own, branching off from the accent you spoke English with in the beginning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 am
Adam was created as a complete man. Everything God wanted in mankind it was placed in Adam. Therefore the varieties of people also would be in his loins and filter out. Regardless of the "ethnicity" Adam would have been he held within him the beginnings of life.

If you also think about it because Adam is the natural father of all mankind when he sinned it tainted, contaminated, the rest of mankind because we were still within him. That's why the sin nature is ingrained in each and every person. This is why God impregnated Mary through the Holy Spirt. Had it been done by man the sin nature would have appreared in Jesus BUT because the Lord used the Holy Spirit instead, Jesus came in the flesh as a man but with His divinity and not broken by the sin nature.  

xiankai

Ruthless Hunter

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 pm
That's a really good way of putting it. I think I may have read that somewhere before, but thanks for bringing it up again. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:42 pm
Actually, biologically, human DNA from all races is very, very similar. Scientists trace our DNA and at the one point all of a sudden all our DNA becomes a lot mroe similar or something...

I think it's just adaptive things, like having different colored labs. Because I do believe in evolution. And what XianKai said is good too- I hadn't thought of that.  

freelance lover
Crew

Spidget

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:22 pm
First of all thanks for allowing me into this guild....secondly, I agree w/ the posts concerning languages etc. From what I've read also, when Noah and his sons and their wives had children after the flood there are many who believe each race came from one of the sons.......from what I understand it makes sense....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:38 pm
Ooh, I hadn't heard that before.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm
The way I was taught (and I'm not saying this is true, this is just what I was taught) it came from the Tower of Babel. That, as part of the languages changing, the body changed as well.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff