Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Christian Wicca lol Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:23 am
Recently I've been stalking wikipedia articles and editing ones that required it. I got hung up when I found the article on "atheist magic", which not only was "mostly" crap, but it didn't site any sources. I checked recently, it's been deleted.

NOW, I've gotten hung up on Christian Wicca. I've been trying to find places to edit that make absolutely no sense, but in the end I've realized I can't because it's what Christian Wiccans actually believe. I've limited myself to updating the criticisms and removing the "against Christian Wicca" links. One of them was broken, the other said that all wiccans were under satan's control.

...does Christian Wicca make any sense on any level? Incorporating the two together seems to make an explosion of oxymoronic practice which don't relate to either of the religions.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:46 am
Welcome to the Appeal to Popularity that is Wikipedia.

You have no idea how many times Reagun has fixed the general Wicca entry only to have it changed back again.  

TeaDidikai

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 am
TeaDidikai

You have no idea how many times Reagun has fixed the general Wicca entry only to have it changed back again.
My love of wikipedia just toned down a notch. ._.;; stupid wikiality

Is the pentagram within a circle really a wiccan symbol?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:21 pm
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai

My love of wikipedia just toned down a notch. ._.;; stupid wikiality

Is the pentagram within a circle really a wiccan symbol?

Since Wicca is only a few decades old, no. Is it originally from a religion older than Christianity? Eh, yes and no. It's partially a religious, partially a mathematical, partially a biological, and partially an astronomical symbol.  

Aesi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:19 pm
Aesi
Since Wicca is only a few decades old, no.
Incorrect. It is indeed a Wiccan symbol. It just didn't originate with Wicca.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:37 pm
TeaDidikai
Aesi

Is it?
Wiccans use it, but that doesn't make it a part of Wicca.
They also use ceremonial magic.
That doesn't make Ceremonial magic a Wiccan magic system.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:41 pm
reagun ban

Is it?

In so much that it is a symbol that a portion of the Wiccan Population use as an Identifier if nothing else- yes.

Further- While Wiccans do indeed use Ceremonial Magic, their CM is different (if only for the Deities invoked) from say- Thelma.

I'm trying to translate this from "Tea-Speak" into English, and it isn't working- so the best I can do is suggest that "Wiccan Ceremonial Magic is indeed a Wiccan Ceremonial Magic System".  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:29 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

Is it?

In so much that it is a symbol that a portion of the Wiccan Population use as an Identifier if nothing else- yes.

Further- While Wiccans do indeed use Ceremonial Magic, their CM is different (if only for the Deities invoked) from say- Thelma.

I'm trying to translate this from "Tea-Speak" into English, and it isn't working- so the best I can do is suggest that "Wiccan Ceremonial Magic is indeed a Wiccan Ceremonial Magic System".

By adapting the CS into their religion, they have altered the CS in such a way that it is now distinct from its original form, requiring the W in front of the CS to note the distinction when discussing it with a large and diverse public?  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:56 pm
Maze
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

Is it?

By adapting the CS into their religion, they have altered the CS in such a way that it is now distinct from its original form, requiring the W in front of the CS to note the distinction when discussing it with a large and diverse public?

Not usually- because the context allows for the understanding.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:18 pm
Eshmasesh
...does Christian Wicca make any sense on any level? Incorporating the two together seems to make an explosion of oxymoronic practice.

I don't know much about Christianity, so my answer to this question might be wrong, wrong, wrong. In my opinion, I do not believe that the two can be blended together into some kind of Chist-icaan or Wic-stian. It might be possible for somebody to be a practicing Wiccan and also a practicing Christian seperately? Sort of like that saying that the people of Haiti are 80 percent Catholic, 20 percent Protestant and 100 percent Vodou?  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Aesi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Aesi

sweatdrop Oops. Read it wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:25 pm
Well, couldn't a person be Wiccan and still accept Jesus Christ as their personal saviour? That'd make them Christian by technicality, methinks.  

Collowrath

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:24 pm
Romanus
Well, couldn't a person be Wiccan and still accept Jesus Christ as their personal saviour? That'd make them Christian by technicality, methinks.

Wouldn't that require belief and worship of the Abrahamic God, though? He doesn't play nice with others.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:43 pm
Nuri
Romanus

Wouldn't that require belief and worship of the Abrahamic God, though? He doesn't play nice with others.
A soft polytheist could get away with it- but then you have the problem that both of said religions are at best- hard polythesitic.

(If I need to cite the scripture where YHVH acknowledges other deities I will)  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:37 pm
TeaDidikai
Nuri
Romanus

A soft polytheist could get away with it- but then you have the problem that both of said religions are at best- hard polythesitic.

(If I need to cite the scripture where YHVH acknowledges other deities I will)
Please do. I didn't even realize it was out there O.o  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces