75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

chibminshiy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:58 am
Okay there are several masive series.
Dragonlance
Dragon Riders of Pern
Wheel of time.

can some one help me makea list that puts the books in order and lists the core books in the series (the books by their original author before spin offs-if it applies.)

and also list other series that are massive and put them in order to please and thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:20 am
Dragonlance...
I'd recomend starting with the "main" storylines THEN branching out. Which means read the Chronicles Trilogy (Dragons of the Autum Twilight, ...Winter Nights, ...Spring Dawning), then teh Legend's Trilogy (Time of..., War of..., Test of the Twins), then The Second Generation and Dragons of the Summer Flame, then the War of the Souls Trilogy (And I forget all the titles but they also start with "Dragons of...") Then any of the other books in whatever order you feel like.
Though not many people I've talked to will suggest reading teh Preludes and stuff unless you are a rabbid fan or something since they are sub-par to the characters in the original books.

Dragonriders of Pern...
Anne McCaffery recomends you read them in "Published" order, some will say in story Chronological order... and others will tell you it don't matter.
Personaly I fall in that last group, so long as its not in teh middle of the ONE trillogy of the series.
Anne's Site ( http://www.annemccaffrey.net/ ) I believe has a listing of BOTH Published and in story chronological orders of teh books.

Wheel of time...
Book one then two then three... they usually have what book number they are in teh series on the front cover if you look.  

Meithanos

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:53 pm
The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind:

Debt of Bones (prequel)
Wizard's First Rule
Stone Of Tears
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Soul of the Fire
Faith of the Fallen
The Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire
Chainfire
Phantom

the list isn't long but the books are all huge. probably around 900+ pages each.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time:

New Spring (prequel)
1. The Eye of the World
2. The Great Hunt
3. The Dragon Reborn
4. The Shadow Rising
5. The Fires of Heaven
6. Lord of Chaos
7. A Crown of Swords
8. The Path of Daggers
9. Winter's Heart
10. Crossroads of Twilight
11. Knife of Dreams
12. A Memory of Light (working title) due Fall 2009 >To be completed by Brandon Sanderson

Taken from wikipedia  

Wissakins

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces