Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
"Not if anything to say about it I have"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:08 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:32 pm
Script: crap.
Acting: inconsistent. Portman was well below her standards; Christensten was better, but still not brilliant; McGregor, McDiarmid and Sammy L coped well with the bad lines.
Romantic scenes: terrible.
CGI: gorgeous.
Plot: perfunctory, but it did the job of tying up and together most loose ends.

Overall, I liked it.

None of the Star Wars films are brilliant pieces of cinema, just go along for the ride.

Believable characters?! That is hilarious (not even William H Macy would make a Jedi a "believable" character). XD  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:15 pm
A Lost Iguana
Script: crap.
Acting: inconsistent. Portman was well below her standards; Christensten was better, but still not brilliant; McGregor, McDiarmid and Sammy L coped well with the bad lines.
Romantic scenes: terrible.
CGI: gorgeous.
Plot: perfunctory, but it did the job of tying up and together most loose ends.

Overall, I liked it.

None of the Star Wars films are brilliant pieces of cinema, just go along for the ride.

Believable characters?! That is hilarious (not even William H Macy would make a Jedi a "believable" character). XD

The original trilogy were brilliant pieces of cinema compared to what else was around whene theywere made.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:26 pm
I went and saw it Friday Night with a few friends (heh, and now we're all grounded). I thought it sucked. I'm sorry, but I just didn't like it. Well... I don't actually like Star Wars so that might have something to do with it. But all the people in the theatre seemed to like it. I, personally, thought the script was awful. And the actors/actresses were not acting at there best. I think that basically the whole movie was Special effects. And I didn't really even like that. So yeah, anyways...  

Arivel

Shaded Spriter

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:18 pm
I found this the best of the "new trillogy"

I think this is the third best star wars film... (1. IV, 2. V, 3. III, 4. VI, 5. II, 6. I.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:56 am
I have not seen it yet, but since the new series it's lost it's purpose and -soul- if you will. It's all about special effects, and the sad thing is most people assume that a film with them is automatically great.
It can be the biggest pile of crap with no storyline, but the effects just suddenly make it great.

The same thing's happening to Disney....

Painted Britain Blue

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:40 am
I just saw it, and I can say that it was an excellent film, only impaired by the complete shiteness of the romantic scenes, and the random 'NOOOO' from Darth Vader at the end...On another point, I think it gave away too much about the original films (but then again, most people are going to watch that as the last one, not the third)  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:52 am
PaintedSquirrel
I have not seen it yet, but since the new series it's lost it's purpose and -soul- if you will. It's all about special effects, and the sad thing is most people assume that a film with them is automatically great.
It can be the biggest pile of crap with no storyline, but the effects just suddenly make it great.

The same thing's happening to Disney....

Don't say the D word. It hurts my ears.  

Ph_ish

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:02 am
and_solo_said
I just saw it, and I can say that it was an excellent film, only impaired by the complete shiteness of the romantic scenes, and the random 'NOOOO' from Darth Vader at the end...On another point, I think it gave away too much about the original films (but then again, most people are going to watch that as the last one, not the third)

http://www.ytmnd.com/site_data/63000/63710/sound.mp3

Download it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:08 pm
Saw it on Saturday.

It was good, not great.

It was almost on par with ep 4, imho, and much much better than 1 and 2.

There's a few points:

1) The CG on people was terrible. The hair on the wookies was good, the droids and ships looked good, but as always the people looked astrocious
2) The transition between the ships was strange. Just suddenly all the ships looked like in ep 4, but not how they did in 1 and 2.
3) Grevious could have been made cooler. Come on, the guy wiped out about 5 Jedi masters in under a minute, and had something like 7 lightsabers. In the film he got his hands cut off far too quickly.  

Zoutout

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:27 pm
and_solo_said
and the random 'NOOOO' from Darth Vader at the end

That bit was so hilariously cliched. I just collapsed in my cinema-seat. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:23 pm
I liked it. It wasent a bad film. It wasent great but at least it tied up the lose ends.  

mattyp

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:25 am
Cleocatra Osiris
and_solo_said

http://www.ytmnd.com/site_data/63000/63710/sound.mp3

Download it.

Wow. That sound gets really annoying after about the third time of being put in a song that just happens to fit it in perfectly.  
Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games