Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:29 am
I haven't yet seen a thread about them, so I thought, why not?XD]
[I'm sorry if there is already one, of course. but, I haven't seen it]
[Anyway, they're one of my favourite bands. And, one of the first goth bands (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)]

[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]

[Discuss!:"D]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:47 pm
I like quite a bit of their work, but I don't like them as much as some of the goth-rock bands of the early 80's (Siouxsie, Bauhaus, etc.). I love Floodland.  

GilAskan
Crew

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:32 am
GilAskan
I like quite a bit of their work, but I don't like them as much as some of the goth-rock bands of the early 80's (Siouxsie, Bauhaus, etc.). I love Floodland.

[Yeh, I agree with that. There are better bands]
[But, I didn't see a thread on them. And, since this guild is goth (Mainly) I figuerd it's a bit weird not having itXD (And, I bet there is one and I missed it sweatdrop )]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:56 am
Reasonably so (having this thread in a goth guild). I recently heard an Alkaline Trio cover of "Lucretia: My Reflection". It was actually very good.  

GilAskan
Crew

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:28 pm
GilAskan
Reasonably so (having this thread in a goth guild). I recently heard an Alkaline Trio cover of "Lucretia: My Reflection". It was actually very good.

[Oh, I haven't heard that. i'll have to search for it]  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:43 pm
I have heard a handful of their songs.
Judging from what I've heard from them, I do like them.

Though, they are not carried at the CD store I usualy go to (checked last week).
I'll either have to look in a different small CD store in town that's run by some dude in what used to be a church or order them off the internet.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

anime_freak777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:24 am
I like "Dominion/Mother Russia" & "Driven Like the Snow".  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:47 pm
The Sisters are a really weird band.

I like a lot of their demos and bootlegs but their albums never really impressed me.

My favourite songs are Poison Door and On The Wire. Now thats good s**t.

And I agree that their not one of the best goth bands, even though by some fluke their higher then Bauhaus on my last fm account.

gonk

Cockroach Waltz

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:31 pm
I like almost all of their songs. And have mosts of their CD`s. They have also a variety in their songs for example Marian is not like Colors , Domion/Mother Russia or Jihad.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:34 pm
I love Floodland, First and Last and Always, and A Slight Case of Overbombing, their Greatest Hits.

I absolutely can't stand Vision Thing, however, aside from the song Ribbons.

I don't have Some Girls Wander By Mistake yet, but I've only heard good about it. Judging from the Slight Case version of Temple of Love, I'm guessing it's okay. :S  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 am
I agree, the Vision Thing CD is not as good as the other CD`s nevertheless there are at least 3 songs I really like on that one.

As for "some girls wander by mistake" I can only agree, it`s good. My favorite song from that one is "Lights"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:24 am
Since we`re talking about Sisters. A friend of mine gave a CD from a band called "The Cassandra Complex". I don´t know the title of the CD I have, he just gave me a copy, so I don´t know what album I have.

It contains a song that goes like:"...when I hear you calling I won´t answer. When I hear you calling I won´t be there. I´ll be flying over some other Europe. Filled with darkness, filled with dispair. Night falls over Western Europe....

I like that album and the voice of the singer resembles a lot to the voice of the Sisters singer. Now somebody told me that "The Cassandra Complex" was a follow up project by Eldritch and he sings it. Is that true?  

osirisgoauldgoddess

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:55 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cassandra_Complex_(band)

Apparently not. :S

I've never heard of them, are they good?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:54 am
Thy for clearing up. The CD that I have is good. Found the title:

Works 1.0 (1995)

It`s a compilation. Can`t speak for the other CD`s, I only have this one.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 am
I really like Sisters of Mercy. I listen to "This Corrosion" whenever I'm under a lot of stress, and it helps me calm down a lot.

Funny story involving SOM: When I first started listening to them, my mom heard a few of their songs and decided that she liked them (she had never heard of them in the 80s. Sad, huh?). So she went to Hot Topic and asked if they had any SOM merchandise. The first time this happened, all she got was a blank stare. The second time she asked, the guy she asked said that if Hot Topic sold SOM stuff, he'd have already bought it all.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff