Reply Fantasy Books Guild
anyone read L.M montgomery books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crzypunkmonke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:12 pm
the book emily of new moon or emily climbs or emily's quest? it's a fantasy part novel book because emily is psychic!! muhahaha so.. who has read them..? good books i recommend you reading them if you haven't.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:36 pm
I haven't read her Emily books, yet. Just Anne of Green Gables and its sequals. My sister's read them, though, and seemed to really like them.

ninja

Julri

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:33 pm
I'd say calling them fantasy is stretching it. Emily is only sort of psychic some of the time. Mostly, it's all about her struggles to be a writer & to find romance, IIRC. It has been a while . .  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:18 pm
On the other hand I'd call psychic stuff a reasonable fantastic element, although Bookwyrme is right, it isn't really the core of the tales, just a complication.  

Harbone

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 pm
Harbone
On the other hand I'd call psychic stuff a reasonable fantastic element, although Bookwyrme is right, it isn't really the core of the tales, just a complication.

I'd rule it out on those grounds--it's not really integral to the world or even that important to Emily's character--it's just sort of a "make the character cooler" addition.

Mind, I'm not going so far as to say NightIntent should lock the thread--Fantasy is notorious for it's wriggly boundaries.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 pm
I first read "Anne of GG" when I was in sixth grade. I stopped halfway through, because I was too busy to read, and got sick and threw up on the cover. My mom wasn't too happy, because it was her old copy, but I cleaned it up pretty well...anyway, I did end up finishing it, and I definitely think it deserves its 'classic' status. biggrin

I hope I didn't gross anybody out. sweatdrop  

Celestiara

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces