Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] I'm sick of it and I want to do something!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cowscanfly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 pm
I've been thinking about this and it's not fair to all of us! whether you're bi, les or gay. How we get to adopt kids, but can only get married in utah! I mean, did you know that not only is marriage a representation of love and partnership, but a way to support and protect the children? Sure we can use the partnership system so that you can have one's information under anothers, but why can't we be equal to the heterosexuals?? I mean most people get shunned for holding hands in public for god's sake! and I don't know about you, but there are people out there that Don't like me that I've never met before just because I am who I am. How wrong is that? and then there's the parents that would kill some of us if they knew. I'm tired and sick of the whole thing. I mean the reason for all of these guilds isn't only because we can have fun, but so we can express ourselves without being rejected, am I right? I wish that people could be accepting and not care. Any opinions here or am I by myself?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:58 pm
Err....mostly because the country is founded on, and the majority of the people are Christian, who don't believe gays should be married.

Personally, I'm torn. I don't believe they should be married, yet I think the US is really blurring the seperation of church and state line..

Anyway, I don't have a good opinion as of yet, so I stay out of the debate.  

blackwhiteandsilver

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:29 am
The whole American fear of gay marriage has always seemed completely... sad to me. I mean marriage is an expression of monogamy and responsibility (as well as all the mushy stuff!), and when you think that promiscuity and a perceived lack of morals tend to be the major issues traditional types have with homosexuality, you'd think they'd be encouraging marriage.

But I suppose you can't mess with people's faith. If they believe something to be sinful they won't change their minds. *sigh* (I expect my religious viewpoint is pretty obvious by now! Lol.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:55 pm
~Well I, personally, don't see the point of marriage at all, but if someone wants to be married, I think they should be allowed to.

I don't see why they couldn't be allowed to be legally married, and have a religious ceremony if they can find a church that will allow it. I know we have that here. That way, no one's forced to do anything, right?  

Asteren

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

marrrow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:00 pm
You're right: that is unfair. But America is stupid that way. The government is going against the Constitution (I think) by not allowing gay marriages-- equailty for all, nein? (Isn't that illegal in San Fransisco, too? ((No... San Frasisco... The magical city of fog, 60-degree weather, and food from everywhere that I wish to inhabit has betrayed me... crying ))  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:00 pm
well that is just one of the many reasons america a retard i dont see y they dont just allow gay marriage and get us off thare backs hmm... sound like a plan bush its in my siggy also thats y we ned a gay president but i guess the homophobic ppl who make up most of the population wouldnt allow it now would ******** evil evil cry  

chainmefree3073

KagesSanzo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:48 pm
I personally agree with you. Homosexuals should have ever right to get married and have a family. People just need to pull their heads out of their a**es and just acept them. People need to stop living in the past, where they could ignore the fact that there were homosexuals. They need to realise that this is a new generation, and the times have changed....... stupid people evil  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:10 pm
chainmefree3073
well that is just one of the many reasons america a retard

If you're American, are you another reason?
Grammar, please.

I think I'll be able to get over it. If I want to get married badly enough, I'll just have to settle for Massachusetts or Canada. Though I wish it were legal everywhere in the US, I suppose the country as a whole still isn't ready for such a huge change. But as new generations arise, hopefully homophobia can begin to die off.  

Kaiju Koi

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:02 pm
Let's make this Christmas...

I agree completely. It is a human right to marry the one you love if you wish to do so. Forbidding same-sex marriage is...

... it's as bad as not letting black people get on the same bus as white people.
It's as bad as not letting women vote.
It's as bad as not letting the citizens have minds of their own.
It's as bad as Nazism, Sexism, Facism, Communism.
The world haven't changed a whole lot, has it?
...a real scream~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 pm
Gay people should have the right to be married! They would probably last longer and be alot less "messed up" than heterosexual families. I myself am straight, but tons of my friends are gay. And for aobut 6 years now ive helped them fight and struggle through school, teachers, parents, and random people who just want to be mean. Its completly wrong to judge someone based on single fact about them and everyone should have the same rights. My best friend is only 14 and shes even had teachers refuse to even teach her because of it. ((which should be illegal because its depriving someone of an education)). She used to go to the principal and complain about kids hitting her and such, and all he would do is say he didnt have any "proof" they did it.

Americans are VERY retarted and are stuck in the past where racism and prejudice were completley okay and accepted. Its wrong.
And yes I am American but as soon as im legal im moving to Japan changing my name and continuosly deny my heritage. I am very, very ashamed of where I come from.

((I live in Tennessee ie. the deep south, one of the most prejudice places on earth))  

Usagi Akumu

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:22 pm
Usagi Akumu
My best friend is only 14 and shes even had teachers refuse to even teach her because of it. ((which should be illegal because its depriving someone of an education)).

Not "should be". Is.

Usagi Akumu
Americans are VERY retarted and are stuck in the past where racism and prejudice were completley okay and accepted. Its wrong.

Racism, sexism, predjudice; it's everywhere, no matter where you go. There are actually a lot of places worse than the US.

Usagi Akumu
And yes I am American but as soon as im legal im moving to Japan changing my name and continuosly deny my heritage.

Now that's just silly. Like I said, it's everywhere. No matter where you go, you're going to face some type of it. In Japan it's actually considered shameful to be gay to more "traditional" people.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:50 pm
If people cared about knowing the facts, people wouldn't make silly laws that discriminate, and the like.

Ignorance begets hatred, and hatred begets evils like only straight marriages being permitted.  

duskydawn

develina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:58 am
Funny, I live in germany, and at the moment, being homosexual is sort of "in", as well as being seen with someone.

Though I don't expect its easier here to adopt a child if your are in this kind of relationship with someone :/  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:12 am
Cowscanfly
I've been thinking about this and it's not fair to all of us! whether you're bi, les or gay. How we get to adopt kids, but can only get married in utah! I mean, did you know that not only is marriage a representation of love and partnership, but a way to support and protect the children? Sure we can use the partnership system so that you can have one's information under anothers, but why can't we be equal to the heterosexuals?? I mean most people get shunned for holding hands in public for god's sake! and I don't know about you, but there are people out there that Don't like me that I've never met before just because I am who I am. How wrong is that? and then there's the parents that would kill some of us if they knew. I'm tired and sick of the whole thing. I mean the reason for all of these guilds isn't only because we can have fun, but so we can express ourselves without being rejected, am I right? I wish that people could be accepting and not care. Any opinions here or am I by myself?

First, i completly understand where you're coming from! I'm about 65% sure my dad would kill me if he found out I was gay. As for people not liking you, F THEM!!!!! If they don't like you just because you're confident in your sexuality, then forget them! Also, I don't go around telling everyone. If you see me without knowing me, i seem pretty straight. I only tell people I trust...but if someone asks me and seems like they won't kick my a** because of it, I'll tell them.
Lastly, yes the guild thing is for us to feel accepted, but it's pretty fun too ( wink )  

mikado13

shield_bug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 am
This might sound a little odd but........Does Anyone Know Whether Gay Marriage Is Legal Or Illegal In England?

Not that I'm planning on getting married to another girl - I'm straight. I just realised that I have no idea if it's legal or not despite living here all my life. =/  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games