Reply ~ Main Forum ~
An Odd Disposition Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

m. schiste13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:02 pm
Just recently I have been randomly searching the internet and I came across something interesting on Urban dictionary and other sites (I forgot the names of the other sites, didn't really care stare )There were articles and comments on how our subculture may become a fad:

People start to wear what they think looks gothc and start acting how they think is gothic, start listinig to what they think is gothic and become posers.....but this fad might catch on; then more and more people would start doing the same thing
1 because they need to become part of something to make them feel better about themselves
2 for the attention
3to upset thier parents....

I know as much as the rest of you that gothic cannot be copied because it is a nature that you are basically born with and a way of thinking that can never be copied within the confinds of most peoples minds. But as stereoptypical and fad-finding as society is, it will take the product of this fad-goth and take is for gothic.

Yes, I also do realize that this has been goind on for quite some time (It's nothing new!), but is it becoming more popplular and what are your feelings about "fad-goth"?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:14 pm
eww,they all should just die.  

Alex_nightmare

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:27 pm
InuKaeba_the_dark_one
eww,they all should just die.

aww..now that's not nice....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:55 pm
I don't like it, but I know some of them and at least they try to learn from me. I'm friends with a few of them and I try to educate them in what "Goth" really is, They want to know they just... don't have what it takes.  

childofdarkness666

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:04 pm
Okay, before this thread becomes counter-productive/turns into bashing fad goths... Please remember that not everyone finds themselves exactly the same way. Some people find themselves through clothing, some through music, and some through literature.
In other words: Rember not to flame people.

Now, it might be a bit obnoxious to some to have someone come up to them and talk for the next 15 minutes stickly about clothing and asking where you got your boots and how much were they, but I would really rather have fad goths than to have goth haters around. Even if they just learn a tiny bit about the culture through their "phase" of being goth, at least it's better than to be a close minded hater for all of their lives. Since they've "been there, and done that" they are less likey to rip on goths, and I see that as a good thing. It means that it helps expand their minds, even a tiny bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:53 am
Yes, you're right, but what about the ones that go around saying and thinking they're all goth when all they're wearing is a pair of black jeans and a band T? What are they learning?  

childofdarkness666

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:53 am
Yes people above, I must agree with you. I really don't see it as nothing but a fad, like other people are going to dress/act/listen to what we do..  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:59 am
I don't really see it too much as a fad. Although the subculture may change or evolve and apperances may change over the years, if it is to be considered a fad, it's one thats been growing for the past 400 years or so. I don't see it dying out anytime soon.  

Shattenhund

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:03 am
"Fad-goth", it's happening now, more and more people are shopping towards the darker end of the spectrum for the shock factor. It'll die out in a year or so, like most fads.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:51 am
I definatly think the reall gothic culture that we probably all partake in could not be copied by posers. You don't become gothic. You are either born gothic or raised in the terms which turn us out to become gothic. I don't think one can simply BECOME gothic, but they can dress in gothic clothes and pose as one. But deep down, it's easy to tell who the posers are who just want to freak their parents out or like the clothes.

Lexiegirl

Athiel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 pm
I find it is of little significance what the fashion slaves are up to. The fadders will stop dressing like this quite soon, and all our lives will carry on as they always have.

The big difference would be more temporary eyecandy to feast upon, before they carry on to wherever fashion tells them to go.

Savour it!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:22 pm
Athiel
I find it is of little significance what the fashion slaves are up to. The fadders will stop dressing like this quite soon, and all our lives will carry on as they always have.

The big difference would be more temporary eyecandy to feast upon, before they carry on to wherever fashion tells them to go.

Savour it!

that's an interesting thought....very true biggrin  

m. schiste13

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:40 pm
Just let it happen, and if it bothers you, ignore them.
As stated above, it will go away eventualy.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:46 pm
I hate it, just as I hate all fads. I'm not lying or trying ot sound cool or badass in any way. But I've always really disliked fads. They take away from individuality, because everyone's trying to be the same. This reminds me of an old friend of mine's shirt. It said something about all the nonconformists conforming by being nonconformists. (I think there was a thread about that. I don't remember.)  

KoRnfucius

Kamadev

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:14 pm
I think people that do that are preppy posers and they should die. stare  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items