Read them?
  Yes
  No
  Just here for the poll---gold
View Results

propheticdreams

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:57 am
Any Wheel of Time fans in here? I'm currently on book ten.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:29 am
I read the first two books, and I wasn't particularly impressed. They're all right books, I suppose, but there are others that I've liked much better. I didn't get at all attached to the any of the characters, and the Dragon Reborn thing as the plot just didn't appeal to me. Truthfully, I remember very little of the books, as it's been a good two or three years since I read them. All I really remember is that Mat was the only character I even remotely liked, and it wasn't so great.

Now, since my mind is being weird and sticking a character from another book into this one, are there Wardens in The Wheel of Time or am I imagining it?  

NightIntent
Captain

propheticdreams

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:39 am
NightIntent
I read the first two books, and I wasn't particularly impressed. They're all right books, I suppose, but there are others that I've liked much better. I didn't get at all attached to the any of the characters, and the Dragon Reborn thing as the plot just didn't appeal to me. Truthfully, I remember very little of the books, as it's been a good two or three years since I read them. All I really remember is that Mat was the only character I even remotely liked, and it wasn't so great.

Now, since my mind is being weird and sticking a character from another book into this one, are there Wardens in The Wheel of Time or am I imagining it?

there are warders in the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:51 pm
I've read all the books so far, except the one that just came out. It was an okay story, but honestly there are way to many characters to keep track of.  

draven_heart

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:46 pm
propheticdreams
there are warders in the books.

Oh, Warders. Well, close enough.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:31 pm
I have. I'm waiting for the 11th to come in paperback.  

Claudia de Lenfent

doodlebuggey88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:55 pm
I've read all of them, so it's obvious that I do enjoy the books. However, it's not close to being my favorite series or having my favorite book. Sometimes it feels like the story drags a little bit, but at others it can be quite gripping. I hope I can at least glance at the comic to it one day, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. Probably try reading it in the store first.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm
I quit reading them a while back. I got angry that all those lovely mythological worlds he was mentioning were supposed to just be "background" (Honsestly--he brings in the entire Arthurian Court and then doesn't do anything with the legend!).

Also, I got pretty tired of the "When in doubt, have someone kidnapped" method of plotting.  

Bookwyrme

Ayla Skye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:22 pm
I'm in the middle of the tenth book now. There good but sometimes too drawn out and I get a little bored and need to take a break.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:54 pm
Yeah, he can do that. I just want to get to the end. I've come this far, and there's only one more left after the 11th.  

Claudia de Lenfent

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Claudia de Lenfent
Yeah, he can do that. I just want to get to the end. I've come this far, and there's only one more left after the 11th.

Are you sure? I mean, there were only supposed to be 3, in the beginning, and then somewhere I heard 7, so . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:33 am
As far as I know there's supposed to be 12 plus a prequal trilogy  

Ayla Skye

Claudia de Lenfent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:46 pm
As far as I know. It's to the point now that it has to end within a book or two. There's only the wrapping up left.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:40 am
I have read them, and, despite being really good, they are not on my favourite books list. Course, only Three Trilogy's are, and i'm picky........Still, I reccommend them, i'm on book nine, and the story is still pretty good.  

Ringopolis

Claudia de Lenfent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:11 pm
it's been a while since I read them, and I cant remember who is who. What side are they on? Ah! The puzzlement. But Lan and Nynaeve are my favs. Yay Nynaeve!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff