Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
For all of us who must endure GCSEs. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:34 pm
I have my GCSEs starting on the 25th and was wondering if any of you will be taking them too? Also, just to ge the ball rolling; how many of you have been revising?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:00 pm
I enjoyed my GCSEs, actually. The content of the courses was boring but I would say that last year was probably the best year of my life, although I wouldn't have said that at the time.

Anyway, I don't have any GCSE exams coming up but I do have nine exams for my AS-levels. I'm resitting one module of mathematics that I didn't do was well in as I wanted to in January but the rest are all exams for the summer module. In total it's three physics exams, one chemistry exam, four maths exams and a biology exam. I'm 'lucky' since most people I know are resitting all of their January exams as well as taking the May exams; it's a double-edged sword, though, because had I done badly in the January exams I might have been shocked out of my laziness and less doomed to failure now.

And no, I haven't been revising and I didn't revise for my GCSEs and I didn't revise for my January exams and, in fact, I've never really revised for an exam in my life. Because I'm complacent and arrogant and haven't yet had my come-uppance neutral .  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:07 pm
Im doing my standard grades (same thing as GCSEs but Scottish) at the moment. They started the 4thh of May but I still have biology, maths and physics to do. Over 2 weeks.

Im on study leave just now. I have done a little revision but a lot less than most people. I really should do more. It saves the night before the exam panic.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:12 pm
Foetus In Fetu
And no, I haven't been revising and I didn't revise for my GCSEs and I didn't revise for my January exams and, in fact, I've never really revised for an exam in my life. Because I'm complacent and arrogant and haven't yet had my come-uppance neutral .

I began revising when I got to uni... and I still seemed to fluke things (or not do as badly as I was expecting). >_>  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 am
I do not feel the need to revise, or do a lot of revision. I did little revision in my mocks and my year 10 exams and I still got high enough to get my predicted grades and improve on them.

To be quite honest, when you get predicted A*s for most things, it really should show that you are capable of retaining things. Otherwise, then it is not a real test if you use heap-loads of books / guides etc. in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:07 am
Well, I am predicted A*s to Bs in all of my subjects except the one that I am guarenteed to fail (electronics). Besides, the highest I can get on that paper is a C, and that is what I am predicted anyways  

and_solo_said

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:40 am
Don't foget A levels! crying Mine have already started but they officially start this week whee I didn't revise for my GCSEs I should have but I was too busy writing my story sweatdrop . I literally did 5 minutes revision for RE when I was waiting to go into the exam and I somehow got an A*. I got awarded the Religious Education Award at my school whee I'm proud of my crappy reward whee  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:48 am
I dont know revisions always necessary. When I still did Modern studies I had this test. First I heard of it was someone asking me if I had revised for it just before we went in (I may have missed half the last lesson or else wasnt listening. Not listenning probably more likely). Got the best mark in the year. Didnt even like that subject.

You do need to when you have about 20 formulas for physics to learn. Not fair. If I was a year younger we would get a list of formulas.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:40 am
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu

I began revising when I got to uni... and I still seemed to fluke things (or not do as badly as I was expecting). >_>

Life is so completely and utterly unfair.

ice_illusion
You do need to when you have about 20 formulas for physics to learn. Not fair. If I was a year younger we would get a list of formulas.

If I remember correctly, the formulae you're expected to remember are either common sense or else pretty simple (most of them fit into those crazy triangles that I hate don't they?). Don't worry too much about it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:23 am
wel...I'm only in year10 but I'm supposed to get

English:B
French:A*
Maths:B
Chems:B
Bio:B
Phys:C
P.E.:B
History:B
Music: A*  

Broken Keys

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:37 pm
*Does little happy dance* Oh thank god other people don't feel the need to revise! The only bit I did for my mocks was Psychology the night before and I got an A* on it. I'm predicted B-A* in all my subjects.

Maths: A*
English: B
Science: A
Bio: A
Phy: A*
Che: A
Psychology: A*
Geography: A*
History: A  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:48 pm
Here we go then: -
English Lang: A*
English Lit: A*
French: A*
German: A*
Maths: A/A*
RE: A
DT Resistant Materials: A*
Science (Double award): A* x2
ICT: A*
Preparation into working life: (probably) A/A* (if possible) - s**t easy exam.

rolleyes

Nebelstern
Crew

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:35 pm
My GCSEs are next year. I've been predicted A-A* in most/all of them. Except R.s. I think.

In R.S. I usually end up offending many people. Mainly Christians.

I got an A* in my recent Chemistry exam though. boo ya!

I've only got A in Maths I think and C in Biology. I don't like Biology.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:39 pm
Nebelstern
Preparation into working life

What in the name of the gods is THAT meant to be?

Y'know, they only brought the star gradings in the year AFTER I did my GCEs...Ah, memories of ages LONG gone by~sulks~

Um, I don't have any exams this year...er...in fact...unless I go and do another degree, doesn't seem I shall ever have any exams again. Strangely, this does not fill me with the glee I thought it would.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:41 pm
Nebelstern
Here we go then: -
English Lang: A*
English Lit: A*
French: A*
German: A*
Maths: A/A*
RE: A
DT Resistant Materials: A*
Science (Double award): A* x2
ICT: A*
Preparation into working life: (probably) A/A* (if possible) - s**t easy exam.

rolleyes

I had to do my ICT last year.

I only got an A, I was mortified. Haw haw! You're doing German.

/doesn't like deutchland.

All I remember is: Ich muss exploderine der kuhlschrank, Das Kommunist und du muss brennen das sekretar.

I also made a strange poem at one point. Something about the gun going wrong and the apple missing, the people miss the apple...

I'm doing Latin. Ruberus in taberna stat. It amused me the bit that was "Quintus aroused the cook". I still think Quintus and his ex-slave Clemens are gay lovers. Woo! Clemens ownes a shop and has a cat friend!  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff