Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
"Shaman's Disease" or Mr. Dark?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:48 am
We've heard a lot about Mr. Dark's before. The phychodrama, the bad acting, the really overdone anime/horror movie plots.

But has anyone had experience with Shaman's Disease. That fine line between acting within the role your gods call you to, while balancing the rest of your life.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:50 am
Hey now.
Psychodrama has a role in certain instances.

Define Shaman's desease, what, like your path taking over your life or interfering with the mundane aspects?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:53 am
reagun ban
Hey now.
Psychodrama has a role in certain instances.
Agreed. Which is why I added the other aspects.

Quote:
Define Shaman's desease, what, like your path taking over your life or interfering with the mundane aspects?
Bingo.

The most interesting ones I am aware of was a Kermetic who heard voices... and ran away to the Islands to readjust.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:19 am
TeaDidikai
But has anyone had experience with Shaman's Disease. That fine line between acting within the role your gods call you to, while balancing the rest of your life.

Is this where you sorta forget where the line is between magic and the mundane? When I was sick with mono for three months I went totally mad and it happened to me. I couldn't leave my room and saw spirits everywhere. A tiger poster in my room terrified me - I was convinced the spirit in it was going to eat me. I was sure I was being eaten by a disease spirit which is why I was sick and had no energy. Then I saw various little things wandering through my room which frightened me. So I tried to fight off all these things at once but couldn't because I had no energy.

Yeah I was in a bit of a bad way. sweatdrop

In the end my solution was half magic/ half mundane. I convinced myself half of what was happening wasn't real at the same time as conquering my fear so I wasn't afraid of the rest of it.  

Pelta

Triste-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 am
Hoo.

It's an interesting concept. I mean, from an atheistic/secular point of view, Shaman's Disease is pretty clearly insanity. I suppose the real question is whether or not that's a bad thing - I mean, if it makes you happy to jump in a Volcano because Pele says so, damnit, why not?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:54 am
I've likely made a fair host of divinities very angry at me, for the simple fact that I have, on occassion, been less than understanding with their followers.
Doesn't matter to me whether one took action because they wanted to or because their diety told them to, they still took action, and it is their action, not that of their god... unless they invited their divinity to possess them, then that's still bad on them for willfully inviting a foreign entity into themselves.
I have more sympathy in that case... but not much.
I have very little respect for gods (excepting ancestors, whom I view more like family members+) who must act thru mortals. Of course, I have little respect for people who act thru minions, rather than doing their own dirty work as well. stare

Of course, I often find myself falling into the same trap with my philosophies... while not a foreign intellegnece, they are still concepts, and as such, have only a very limited right to purchase in the waking world. Something I must constantly remind myself of... lest I truely do start tilting at windmills. sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff