In the Love?
  All About the Love <3
View Results

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:23 am
God is Love

What is Love?
The World’s Definition of Love:
1) A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2)A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
3) An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
4)A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
#5)An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
6)1. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
2. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.

How does God Define Love?
1) 1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
2) 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

So, first of all we have to know that God is Love, that means it is more then just a fuzzy feeling, its more then “sexual romance” as the world wishes us to believe. Love is God, God is Love they can not be separated they are forever together because they are each other. In 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 we find the characteristic of Love/God. Wow, we get a complete line up on who God is.

1) The first thing we find out is that Love is Patient/God is Patient:
The whole bible, and our lives are a display of God’s unending patients towards us. I was trying to find a pacific bible verse that talked of God’s patients towards us.... and everywhere I went all I could see what God’s Patients. But in Luke 15:20
So he got up and went to his father."But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. There is a great display of God’s love and patients. It says the Father (God) saw him from a far off distance. I am pretty sure that means the Father was looking for his son day and night waiting patiently for him to come back home. Is that not God’s heart for all who sin? All who have fallen away? Or for those who have never known him?
In 2 Peter 3:9 it says “The Lord is not slow keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
God shows his patients in all things in our lives, as he is growing us up, as he is calling us out He has tremendous patients for us, and it is the same as it was when he first made us unto now, it doesn’t change, its always the same.

2) The Second thing we find is that Love is Kind/God is Kind:
How many here have experienced the Great Kindness of our God? Yeah, we all have in some measure shape and form. Kindness is our Provision and our Healing.
Titus 3:3-7 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

3) Thirdly we find that Love doesn’t Envy/God doesn’t envy:
This one kinda makes me laugh, cause I think of my life... and I am like hmmm... right why would God envy me? Look at the falls I’ve had the things I’ve done... wow yeah Folks, God does not Envy our lives... He loves us, but he defiantly doesn’t want to be us. Amen? Amen!

4) Fourthly Love is not Proud/God is not Proud
Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Philippians 2:8
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
If you don’t believe this, think of Jesus on the Cross.... There wasn’t much pride in that, think about him being whipped and torn a bloody mess in front of the Jewish people. There was no pride in that, just prefect love and humility and our salvation.

5) Love is not Rude/God is not Rude: God will never have a harsh word for you, it will always be encouraging and bringing to deeper relationship with Him.

6) Love is not self seeking/God is not self seeking: Again I think of the Cross, you know he wasn’t seeking himself, but a relationship with all of us.

7) Love is not easily angered/God is not easily angered: Just read through out the old testament I think every other line is, God is slow to anger and abounding in love. Seriously though, God isn’t easily angered in Nehemiah 9:16-19
"But they, our forefathers, became arrogant and stiff-necked, and did not obey your commands. They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them, even when they cast for themselves an image of a calf and said, 'This is your god, who brought you up out of Egypt,' or when they committed awful blasphemies.
"Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the desert. By day the pillar of cloud did not cease to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take.

8 ) Love keeps no record of wrongs/God keeps no records of wrongs:
Amen to this! At the moment we turned and accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and became true Disciples of him, we were washed in Jesus’s precious blood, and our sins have been washed away no longer before the Lord our God we stand before him clean.

Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

9) Love Rejoices in the truth/God rejoices in the truth: God loves it when we are in Him, when we are in him we are in the Truth.
1 Timothy 2:3-6
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.
10) Love always trusts/God always trusts:
2 Corinthians 5: 18-20
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.
God has entrusted us to win the lost, and to make disciples, to go out before the world as Christians, as lights shining into the darkness.

11) Love never Fails? God never Fails:
God will never Fail you, his is the Mighty King, Victorious One. He will never ever ever Fail you. <3 Amen!

The one thing we search for so much in the world is Love, we want it and desire it so badly we will look for it in any form. We run through out the world saleing ourselves into slavery to sin, thinking that at the other end we might find love. We do it with broken relationship, we do it with hiding ourselves in novels, in our “activities.” When what we really want is in God. For God is the Love that we are deeply searching for. Which is why when we experience even just a small taste of God’s love we are hungry for more, our soul aches and we are never the same. We know what God looks like now, we now can measure what we know of God against the things the enemy might beckon us to do. We know the God is Love, and that we are His and if we are His we need to be the Love as well, for we no longer live but Christ lives in us.

Application:

1)
A) Don’t look back. Whatever you do, don’t dwell in past mistakes, don’t look at it, don’t let the enemy flaunt it in your face.... You are not that person, that person was crucified with Christ and now you are a new creation. You are going to have to do battle to get over this, and its continuous, but God is there with you, and He never Fails.
B) Stop looking for love outside of God.

2)
You have to be intimate with God. Man God has been speaking to me about this so much lately... Everything I want need, could ever desire is in Him, and to have it I need to be with Him. No one expects a marriage to work out and be fruitful is the couple is never together, the same happens in our Relationship with God, if we aren’t there then hey we aren’t going to be baring fruit, well that is not true, we will bare fruit, but it will be fruit of the enemy. Who wants to do that? Spend time with the Lord lay at his feet and listen to Him, his words are living and will restore you.

Luke 10 38-41
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Remember to be my Mary and chose to sit at the feet of the King of Kings who laid his life down to know you, and be known by you.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:13 am
Where do you get this stuff? From a book or are you just compelled by the Holy Spirit to put this stuff up here? eek  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Shien no Ryuu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:40 pm
Who cares, Fushigi, it's great stuff! XD
Keep up the lovely posts Danielle! heart heart heart

Praise the Lord! For his love is all around and neverending! ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:03 am
ummm.... well there was a sermon that touched on this... and as I was perparing for Cell Group last Wensday me and God just kinda got a bit more intamate and deeper.... It was a topic that He had been speaking about to me in the deepth of my heart for amost a month now... Our God is so amazing and His Love will not fail us, or ever change... Its prefect just as He is prefect... <3  

Pastor Danielle

Torrent Turran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:25 am
I really needed that. That trully has blessed me today. Thank you. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:08 pm
I agree with Fushigi XP I HEART you posts tons though.  

freelance lover
Crew

Imotoku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:58 pm
Wow, that was unbelievably amazing! God is wonderful, is he not? biggrin That really helped me today and I am sure it helped a lot of people. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:24 pm
God Loves us all, and I am so glad that He used me to share this with you all... Cause this was His Heart, it was His words... Praise be to Him and not to me for what was written... <3  

Pastor Danielle

Heaven Edge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:41 pm
Danielle~SOC
God Loves us all, and I am so glad that He used me to share this with you all... Cause this was His Heart, it was His words... Praise be to Him and not to me for what was written... <3
God is love, Halleluya!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:04 am
I am humbled to experience
His all encompassing love.
not by merits but His grace.
PTL He is sooooo Gooood!!!  

dawgwhisperer

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers