Hot Topic pants?
  Love them
  They're ok... kinda cheap though
  I have a pair or two..
  Don't buy them! They uberly suck! D:
View Results

GC the Silence Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:17 pm
Some people say they're cheap, some people say they love them..
What are your opinions on them?

Also, I'm planning on buying some of their jeans, but are they really tight? confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:28 pm
If you read around here, people say the Tripp pants are pretty flimsy, so don't buy those?

I've bought pairs of "raver" jeans from Hot Topic almost 6 years ago now, and they're still holding up very nicely. It just depends on the brand of pants you want to buy there, and if you're buying online or in person. If you are planning to buy in person, best you try them on first to make sure they're not really tight like you fear. :3  

BabyEaterLad

GC the Silence Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:29 pm
BabyEaterLad
If you read around here, people say the Tripp pants are pretty flimsy, so don't buy those?

I've bought pairs of "raver" jeans from Hot Topic almost 6 years ago now, and they're still holding up very nicely. It just depends on the brand of pants you want to buy there, and if you're buying online or in person. If you are planning to buy in person, best you try them on first to make sure they're not really tight like you fear. :3
Bummer.. the pants I was browsing online and really liked were Tripp. stare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:40 pm
I Have A Pair Of Tripp....i like them...they have lasted me a while..i do admit..the little rings seem to pop off every once in a while...and no they are not tight....you have two straps on the side to tighten them to how you want....

but anyways...i like mine...  

Artica_Maius-The_Fox_Born

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:04 pm
Love all pants from hot topic <>>

ive has a pair for a while and thye last in the mosh pits i find (even with all the straps and rings)
i like them anyways...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:06 pm
As that Hot Topic isn't a clothes brand, you'd have to be more specific as to what pants you mean.

If you mean Hot Topic's relatively well-known Tripp bondage pants...

Well, personally, I hate them. Aesthetically, Conceptually, the way they feel while worn... everything. I think they look ridiculous, and are sort of oxymoronic. Most of them are wide-legged, but they're bondage pants. Wide-legged bondage pants? That hardly makes sense. How do the wide-legs bind anything? Beyond the oxymoron, I don't like most of the designs. Far too flamboyant, far too... heavy-metal to be goth. As for their durability, it's inconsistent. I know people who have had a single pair and they've held up for years. Other people I know have had them fall apart at the seems after only a few weeks.  

GilAskan
Crew

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:49 pm
Cheap?!? They're definitely not cheat. Those things are waaay over priced.

Unless you mean cheaply made. At least it's not worse than walmart clothes.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:31 pm
the pants there are decent.....I've seen things I wouln't get though....but either way...they are expensive.....$40 for a cheaper pair....yikes!.....as for the quality....it depends on the company and the style.....I've never bought online so I can't say anything about that.....  

OverlordMMM

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:19 am
speaking as an experianced sewer

The pants are priced right for the work that goes into them. The metal and the triple stich takes alot of time.

However, the material is weak and will rip in most places, The dye fades to a gray color very fast and the d and o rings are placed in areas that are unpratical to the structer of the overall wearing. As in, those pants are maded to rip.

Not to metion some of them have so much metal all bunched up it sounds like the tin man trying to breakdance.

I say just go to a hardware store, pick up some metall and sew them on a pair of 20$ jeans.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:32 am
I have a couple pair of tripp pants for a couple years now, and they are still going strong. To keep the black from coming out, add a small cup of vinegar to your wash and then the soap. The vinegar will set the die even tighter. Though I recomend turnig the pants inside out to wash them, or you'll ruin the washing machine and dryer. If you get pants with detachable chains, make a small mark on them somewhere so you know which chains went with which pants. You think that it would't really matter, but some pants have longer chains than the others.

I love my tripp pants, and I wouldn't give them up for the world.  

Krys_Night

xX(~homicidal_muffin~)Xx

5,925 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:43 am
wtfwtf?

i HAVE NEVER SEEN 'HOT TOPiC' BEFORE...
biggrin OMO:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:47 am
i'M SORRY.
HAVE i ViOLATED YOUR TOPiC?
OOOPSiES....

xX(~homicidal_muffin~)Xx

5,925 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:37 pm
"Violated" in every sense of the word.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:02 pm
I Have a couple pair Of Tripp Pants 3nodding There Alright!! But i like the tight pinstripe pants!!! 4laugh  

Xoh_Emily

Perestroyka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:39 pm
There is no Hot Topic in England biggrin
But there are a few chains like Blue Banna and Caves that are just copies. They sell lots of Tripp, Famous stars and Straps, and of course Criminal Damage. I've bought Tripp trousers and they never last. I've never known anyone else have them IRL, but mine lasted about 3 months before they fell apart. I was not impressed stare  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff