Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anime, Manga, Cartoons, and Games.
Characters you adore that everyone else seems to hate Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:54 am
Doing a double take? Well, I figured since I made a thread showcasing this topic, but vice versa, I'd make a topic dedicated to characters you love, but others seem to loathe.

Rules from the other thread apply here.

But, I wanna make it clear...

BISHOUNEN DO NOT COUNT.
UNLESS YOU CAN SUSTAIN ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT MUCH OF YOUR SAID FANDOM HATES THEM.

Elfen Lied - Mariko

People that hate Mariko are usually the freaking Lucy worshippers, they hate her because she's "So evil and kills".

WELL, WAKE UP, FANDOM. LUCY KILLS TOO. SO STFU.

But seriously, you try not acting angry after being locked in a steel confinement chamber from the moment you were born. And the scene where she attacked Nana after she heard her call Kurama "papa"...I most liekly would have doen the same thing and start attacking. All Mariko ever wanted was to be with her father. Is it her fault she's a silpelit? No. She's also young, and sees nothing wrong with mercilessly killing others. Why? NO ONE TOLD HER IT WAS WRONG. So, leave her alone. Seriously.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Winry

I have a few words for you.

STOP.

HATING HER.

BECAUSE.

SHE'S PAIRED.

WITH EDWARD.

Seriously, how idiotic can you get? I can go out into Gaia right now, pull up ten Winry haters, and at least nine of them will hate her because "SHE TOOK ED AWAY FROM ME!1!1!".

Listen, genius, ED WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH. HE BELONGS TO NO ONE BUT HIROMU ARAKAWA. If she wants to make Ed and Winry a couple in the manga, and you don't like it, too freaking bad. There's nothing you can do. If it makes you THAT angry, go pick up a different manga.
Now that I got that mini rant out of the way, I'll say this up front - manga!Winry kicks anime!Winry's hide. Winry in the anime is okay, but so whiny, it's scary. In the manga however, her personality is alot more likeable, and the only time she ever really whines is when she points a gun at Scar. And who wouldn't be just a bit shrill? Scar killed her parents in the manga, after all.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Rose

The same mini-rant with Winry basically applies here. She dances with Ed in one episode, ONE FREKAING EPISODE, and everyone goes berserk. Need I remind you she was half out of her mind at that moment? She probably didn't even know what she was doing - or she did and couldn't control it. (Thaaaaanks, Dante).
Anyway, people claims she whines. Oh yeah, she's in no place to whine and feel bad, she only lost her boyfriend, had her religion lie to her, was raped, had a child, and became the target for Dante's new body. Yeah, she has no right to complain.

...Seriously, people. Have some freaking sympathy.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Hohenheim

*starts cackling* Don't tell me you didn't see THIS coming. Mwahahaha!

Eh, I'll try to keep it brief. xP

People sympathize with Ed, Al, and Trisha too easily. I mean, FREAKISHLY EASILY. Because of that, they're too asfixiated of what makes them supposedly miserable, case in point, the departure of Hohenheim. Since we live in a society that jumps to conclusions, everyone automatically assumed "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HE LEFT MY BABY EDO/ARU AND THEIR MOM HE'S SOOOOO HORRIBLE HE NEEDS TO DIE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG".

You get the point.

Then they finally found out WHY he left. And what happened?

"OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HE LEFT DANTE EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A WHORE HE NEEDS TO DIE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG"

FOR CRIPES SAKE, PEOPLE! ARE YOU EVER SATISFIED?

Sheesh, I'd rather him leave Dante...and Trisha. Dante was pure evil, would you rather him be a full-fledged bad guy? and as for Trisha...it was either watch him slowly die, or leave and POSSIBLY find a cure, and Trisha die. It was one or the other, the way I see it. And you know dang well who I'd rather keep alive. >_>

And don't bring up the "He could have written back" crap. What was preventing Dante or the homunculi from stealing one of the letters, and using the return address as a means to find him? Hm? Ever think of THAT?

Naruto - Sakura

I think this LJ article fits how I feel rather nicely, and saves any ranting and raving from me. Yay!

Naruto - Sasuke

I want to make this clear.

I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING CRAP ABOUT WHAT THESE FREAKING POPULARITY POLLS SAY, FOR THE FIFTY BILLIONTH TIME, THAT DOES NOT APPLY HERE, SO GO TAKE YOUR POLLS AND BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE WITH THEM, SINCE NONE OF YOU SEEM TO GET THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE POLLS, ALL THREE OF YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Now that we got that out of the way...

OMG ANOTHER LJ ARTICLE, READ FOOLS.

It describes exactly how I feel about him, so stuff it.

Aaaaand that does it for me. =D Your turn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:21 am
Omgee! I was about to talk to you about making this thread XD

Okie here's mine!

Ren~
Quote:
BISHOUNEN DO NOT COUNT.
UNLESS YOU CAN SUSTAIN ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT MUCH OF YOUR SAID FANDOM HATES THEM.

XP Oh alwight, he isn't hated anyways by others XD Moving on!

Cait Sith: Not many people like him, why? "OMG he is useless. Cait is annoying. He shouldn't have been in the game. He spies on ya" GOOD GREIF gonk One if you use Cait Sith more often and level him up, he wouldn't be useless. You just make him that way. 2. Cloud is an effin Emo and you like him, then you have the spirited good hearted cat an moogle to brighten up you adventur and you hate him? Whens the last time you heard Cait whine about how he doesn't know who he is? 3: if Cait wasn't in the game, then who would have saved Cloud and the gang from that building that collapses? huh? While everyone left Cait stayed behind and kept the building from collapsing on everyone. 4: Yes he spied on you at first and gave the key to the Turks and kidnapped Marlene, but you can't deny the fact that he changed his ways and became the good guy and started spying on Shin-Ra to help you. And Cait is a cute wittle kitty and I love kitties >_<

Reeve: Most the stuff Cait did was Reeves doing. And the guy is in the WRO making things right in DoC. So there is no reason why you should hate him really o_O

Tifa: Some people like her and some don't. Okie I like Tifa. I don't like her outfit in the game but why hate a charecter cause of clothes that she wears. If you are going to be mad at someone for the clothes she wears be mad at the creators. If it wasn't for Tifa, Cloud wouldn't have found himself *partially* Cloud would have died if tifa haven't risked herself to save him. Tifa knows some kickass martial arts moves and can take down anyone 10 times her weight and size *most of the time* And this "Well Tifa is taking Cloud away from Aeris" is STUPID. AERIS IS DEAD..... D-E-A-D! AERIS IS BACK INTO THE LIFESTREAM WITH ZACK. I mean I don't know about ya'll, but I don't think Cloud is a Necroplie who would date dead people XP

And I think that is all for now XP  

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:58 am
Kefka: I don't adore him but I think he is kick a** as a villian! I mean, how many villians in FF actually took over the world? Only one I know of and it's Kefka!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:07 am
...I find it sad that my OTHER thread has more posts than this. =|  

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:14 am
[.Hoho-papa.]

Yeah really. I thought this thread would have more posts than the other o_O Go figure XP  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:33 pm
Warrior_Sandstorm
[.Hoho-papa.]

Yeah really. I thought this thread would have more posts than the other o_O Go figure XP
PEOPLE ARE JUST SO NEGATIVE! gonk

J/k. xD

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

The Master uses Thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:44 pm
Quote:
Yes, I have the Sheena hair.
She's not nearly as bad as I once thought.
No, nyeah.

-cough- I'm the loner now, i guess.

Quote:
I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING CRAP ABOUT WHAT THESE FREAKING POPULARITY POLLS SAY, FOR THE FIFTY BILLIONTH TIME, THAT DOES NOT APPLY HERE, SO GO TAKE YOUR POLLS AND BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE WITH THEM, SINCE NONE OF YOU SEEM TO GET THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE POLLS, ALL THREE OF YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Okay, may i first reply to this by saying...

I'M SICK OF IT! I DON'T CARE ABOUT SASUKE ARGUEMENT ANYMORE, I STOP CARING NOW! NO MORE SASUKE.

END OF DISCUSSION FOREVER!!

-unlocks capital lock-

Sorry, you started the yelling font first. Felt the need to retaliate.

People who are hated and i adore :

Zabuza, Leopold, Mariko, Shino, Jack.... I'm too lazy to list the rest.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:52 pm
[-Tedious-]
Quote:
No, nyeah.

Quote:

I'M SICK OF IT! I DON'T CARE ABOUT SASUKE ARGUEMENT ANYMORE, I STOP CARING NOW! NO MORE SASUKE.

-unlocks capital lock-

I only said that because I knew you, Lil, and Ninja would bring it up AGAIN, even though I've said it fifty bajillion and one times that I don't give a flying frick about the fanpolls. So...will it really ever end?

And Sheena's not as annoying as once thought. Not to me.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:01 am
Amaunator
Fullmetal Alchemist-Winry.
You took my reasons though. How evil.

Final Fantasy VII-Aeris/Aerith
From what I gather, it's because of Sephiroth that people hate her. Also, Cloud and Tifa. I don't know really, because I never bothered to ask them.

But I like her. She was my favorite girl in Final Fantasy VII. Sure, she's a pink menace, but I couldn't help not to like her. It's her personality, I think. Also... Healer! I love her theme music, her personality, her sweetness, everything.

Worship much? Yes. I'm sorry. You should see my Yukina(Yu Yu Hakusho) worship. But people tend to like Yukina, so she doesn't fit here.

Naruto-Shino
...How can you not love the mysterious bug guy?

Wee! *ish evil*

Yeah, I don't hate Aeris anymore. sweatdrop I'm still not a huge fan of her, but I don't wish her into the deepest pits of hell anymore. sweatdrop

And a certian Lilith would agree with you on Shino.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:06 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
[-Tedious-]
Quote:
No, nyeah.

Quote:

-unlocks capital lock-

I only said that because I knew you, Lil, and Ninja would bring it up AGAIN, even though I've said it fifty bajillion and one times that I don't give a flying frick about the fanpolls. So...will it really ever end?

And Sheena's not as annoying as once thought. Not to me.

Well, sorry to shock your paradise, but i actually WASEN'T going to b***h about sasuke, because i knew you'd just b***h back again. I ####### give up with the Sasuke arguement, i'll just ignore his existance now, therefore not caring about him.

You keep saying not to make a big deal about hating characters, but your making an awful big deal about liking Sasuke.

This seems to be happening with every character with you, Winry, Aeris and Sheena.... You know i liked Sheena at first but decided not to because you hated her so much. Then i got Tetra twist hair and you made a big deal because it looked like sheena's and i had it, a few months later you get it. Now i just don't know what to do anymore.

BAH! I ban myself from threads like this for now on. -pulls on hair and leaves-

The Master uses Thread

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:19 pm
[-Tedious-]

Well, sorry to shock your paradise, but i actually WASEN'T going to b***h about sasuke, because i knew you'd just b***h back again. I ####### give up with the Sasuke arguement, i'll just ignore his existance now, therefore not caring about him.

You keep saying not to make a big deal about hating characters, but your making an awful big deal about liking Sasuke.

This seems to be happening with every character with you, Winry, Aeris and Sheena.... You know i liked Sheena at first but decided not to because you hated her so much. Then i got Tetra twist hair and you made a big deal because it looked like sheena's and i had it, a few months later you get it. Now i just don't know what to do anymore.

BAH! I ban myself from threads like this for now on. -pulls on hair and leaves-
Don't be so daft, I never wanted you to dislike a character because I disliked them to begin with.

With Winry, I never really hated her to begin with. I just didn't want to state my like because everyone else hated her. I wanted to avoid getting charbroiled.

With Aeris, it probably just stemmed after not playing FFVII for an extended period of time. I dunno what happened there.

And Sheena, it was because I was a retarded little twit and hated her because she was often paired with Zelos. Everything else I liked about her. Now that I don't like Zeols as a bishie anymore...yeah, you get it.

Okay, fine, then my text was all for naught.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:22 pm
Oh forget it, I already see where this is going.

THREAD CLOSED.

...But since I am feeling rather generous, I'll keep the thread open.

Let's just not go off topic now, savvy?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:19 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
Oh forget it, I already see where this is going.

THREAD CLOSED.

...But since I am feeling rather generous, I'll keep the thread open.

Let's just not go off topic now, savvy?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yay, fishy go moo XD  
Anime, Manga, Cartoons, and Games.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces